Attention Non CSL IN FINAL STAGES MAKE A STAND

Guest Freaks

Guest Freaks

Hi All,

I like many others have been affected by the new Priority Changes made on 23rd September:arghh:

Have you been Requested to get your Medicals and police checks?

Are you in the final stages of your application (all docs Met and Meds Finalized)?

Are you going to lie down, or do you want to be heard?

The more people that say something about how unfair it is to process our applications just prior to finalization and then put them on hold! The more likely he is to listen.

After all he is a Senator, surely his actions should only be fair

If you feel you should have a voice please join my campaign!!!

I have decided and as advised by my agent to mount an Email/Letter campaign to:

Senator Evans as the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

He is the individual responsible for this!!!

His Contact details are:

Senator Chris Evans

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6277 7860

Fax: 02 6273 4144

Email: minister@immi.gov.au and senator.evans@aph.gov.au

Please, Please, Please write we need to stick together.

If you decided to contact Mr Evans please leave a comment to keep this thread alive.

Kevin Rudd is next on my list!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all caught up in this mess and thanks for your support

Guest Giesabrek

I have wrote to Mr Evans airing my views hopefully enough people will also write to him, try to keep your spirits up H

Guest Wenders

what a good thread...thank you.....we have completed everything.....its not our fault they took my husbands job off the CSL.....kinda frustrating to say the least and we have spent so much money.....when I check status on line it hasnt changed since 18/11/2008....almost a year..meds run out end of this month too......need to get writing that letter!!

Guest cassenova06
I have wrote to Mr Evans airing my views hopefully enough people will also write to him, try to keep your spirits up H

Please send me a copy of your letter

I need it.

Please PM for email addy

Hi,

I also wrote to Senator Evans last week asking him to clarify what is going on and how unfair his decision was and also how he has impcted on peoples lives. This is a great idea and once he is sick of complaints from us, we should then contact Mr Rudd with the same level of complaints. Thsi cant be could for his parties popularity.

John

Guest Squeezle

Thank you for the additional e-mail address, I have sent Senator Evans and Kevin Rudd e-mails venting my frustration at spending another $1000 in August as requested by my CO to have medicals and police checks done , then when everything is finalised on the 14th of September we are told by the press on the 23rd tough your visa is on hold!.... I am also appalled that the only reply I get from my CO to my emails is a standard e-mail back, I only want to know am I am on hold in the short term or until 2011-2012 seeing as we are so far down the line...... Is that too much to ask?...........Evidently yes....... Different when they give you 28 days to get all your medicals etc done.

Neil and Pauline

176 SS Visa

Medicals Police checks finalised 14th Sept

Jobs and family to go to.......

Guest destinationoz

I have written to evans (can't muster up calling him a senator - another word jumps to mind instead) and I will be lodging the same complaint on the ombudsman website.

We needed to have our meds and PC by 30 September - I uploaded the PC on the 28/09 and the meds also arrived (in Sydney?) on the 28/9 - the website shows our PC as being "met" but not the meds - is anyone able to shed any light as to why and if this will be viewed as the meds arriving "too late" - they could use any excuse at the moment ...

Cheers!

Can you forward me a copy of the email that anyone sent so I can also send it- We too were told we were within days if not a couple of weeks of getting our Visas with Medicals sent and police checks done- We put our house up for Rent and cars for sale I am gutted have been sick all day!!!

Can you forward me a copy of the email that anyone sent so I can also send it- We too were told we were within days if not a couple of weeks of getting our Visas with Medicals sent and police checks done- We put our house up for Rent and cars for sale I am gutted have been sick all day!!!

Can u pm me the letter to please im also affected by this:confused:

Guest Freaks

I thought I would also post this comment to Nigel in Oz post found on another thread relating to this thread.

Hi Nigel,

I do hope that you are not viewing this thread, believing I had any other intention but to try and motivate people to speak out. I do agree with some of your comments, but also please be aware it is also important for people to be able vent their frustrations, as well as find useful information.

I must say that with all fair political systems the world over the buck must stop with someone in this case Chris Evans & Kevin Rudd. With that in mind these are the people we must contact. For those living in Oz on 457 visa etc, yes contact your local MP's, but I do feel residents out side Australian borders again please continue to lobby Mr Evans.

On the broader picture I think you would have to be a little naive not to see this as politicians flexing their muscles. All we are asking is surely they can go about it in way so as not to penalize a small number of people just for the sake of a good "Headline" Mr Evans could have issued a sub directive to completely avoid this situation if he chooses too! And while he is advised by others it still remains his decision to make, he is more than capable of adding his oppion into the discussion.

Finally lets take a minute to think about the people who have sold homes/cars and possessions in preparation for the big move, now to be told it was a few days to weeks, but now please wait until 2012.... IS THIS FAIR AND REASONABLE?.......

I think not.

Good luck to everyone, lets keep hoping someone in power see sense/compassion.

Nigel in oz wrote.

One thing I would like to point out is that whilst these changes are causing a lot of heartache and distress to many people it should be remembered that this decision would NOT have been taken by Senator Evans alone,he would have been advised by his permanent head of department and the decision would have been signed off on by the Prime Minister as well,ultimately Senator Evans as the minister responsible must carry the can for the decision but it's not fair to single him out,also I have read other threads here about "DIAC " this and "DIAC that" and it would be well to remember that CO's only do what they are instructed by their head of department and minister,so please continue with writing letters of complaint to whoever will listen,including back bench MP's but let's not turn this into a personal campaign against any individual,I read a comment about not wanting to call Senator Evans "Mr" and to be frank that sort of comment,whilst completly understandable in the circumstances does nothing to progress the task of getting the government to redress the inequity of the mess they have created.

I hope my comments are not seen as showing a lack of sympathy for people who have been affected by this-that is the last thing I would wish,but I do want to see a constructive campaign designed to achieve fairness for everyone,not a campaign targetting one man who has possibly,in fact probably, been badly advised by his version of Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Freaks,

I didn't for one minute mean to imply that your motives were anything other than honourable and meant with the best of intentions,I also agree that the changes that have been made to the SS processing have been very poorly drafted and are needlessly hurting people.

I just think that some people (I'm not including you here) are much more interested in playing the man and not the issue.

I think it's important to keep the issue focussed squarely on reversing the inequity that has been created through this mess.

I meant no offense to you or anyone else and I have the greatest sympathy for your plight .

I wish you success both in your visa application and your attempts to reverse this bungle.

Cheers

Guest destinationoz

Interesting opinions and it does seem we all want the same thing just maybe say it in different ways ...

I would like to add that as it was me that didn't want to refer to Mr Evans as such it was purely to vent my frustration on this forum/site and with others in the same boat - like "talking to friends" - whereas you would curse about situations to a pal but when addressing the situation, you'd put on your professional hat - and I did so when writing to Mr Evans and cc-ed the PM & DPM into this. I think we should remember that this site is surely about airing views and "talking to friends" as it is "getting advice" - it is up to individuals how they then take it forward - in my opinion this would be done best in a constructive manner, targetting the directive and not personalising the isue and not being emotive .... just my humble opinion ....

Freaks,

Maybe an on line petition would help? you can create an international petition here:-

Petition with GoPetition - How to Write a Petition - Online Petitions

It's easy and effective.

I wish I had the time to set one up for you but hopefully this link will help?

I'm 175 ON CSL and just been assigned CO so I'm not the right person to manage this but we all feel for you guys so I want to help!

Steve.

Guest proud2beaussie

Let's hope that the minister realises that these changes have been badly drafted and that he has been badly advised sooner rather than later.

Whilst the minister has the ultimate say in these matters any minister,of any government,anywhere in the world is only as good as the advice he receives from his advisers,anyone who watched Yes Minister would know what I mean.!

Guest Freaks
Freaks,

Maybe an on line petition would help? you can create an international petition here:-

Petition with GoPetition - How to Write a Petition - Online Petitions

It's easy and effective.

I wish I had the time to set one up for you but hopefully this link will help?

I'm 175 ON CSL and just been assigned CO so I'm not the right person to manage this but we all feel for you guys so I want to help!

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

I will have a look at that site.

I did notice your original application lodging, can I ask did you have a State sponsorship running as well? If so I would guess you would be one of the first CSL to get a CO after 23rd September. I hope this means they only have a back log of applications from May - September (4.5 months worth)

So the delay on our processing wont be to long.......!

Hi,

No, my timeline is exactly as my signature. 175 from the beggining without any Sponsership.

I think there's only a backlog from April/May...

Good luck with your campaignn, I think they've got to wake up to the fact that they can't change processing without a fair cut off for exisiting applicants. There should be a right to refund until they look at your application too in my opinion.

Thanks Steve,

I will have a look at that site.

I did notice your original application lodging, can I ask did you have a State sponsorship running as well? If so I would guess you would be one of the first CSL to get a CO after 23rd September. I hope this means they only have a back log of applications from May - September (4.5 months worth)

So the delay on our processing wont be to long.......!

Freaks

on Tracey T thread " CSLers have you got a CO yet

they have had a post from Application lodged 31st May page updated medicals met and application processed further on 23 Septemebr( Black Wednesday) looks like DIAC right on the ball but they say no contact from CO ? not sure if they have PC done but might go right to Visa grant if they are moving this fast this could give us a glimmer of hope

WJK

Guest Freaks

Hi All,

Having read lots of information..... I feel we should all complain to the Ombudsman as they are the people who have the power to help us!!

It is very easy just takes a few miniutes click on the online complaint form link @

Ombudsman, Australia - Complaints

I have included a template for those who wish to save a little more time below. You will have to edit the RED text with your information. Then copy and paste into online form.

I hope this helps, remain postive and dont give up hope.

Please give details of your complaint

The matter is concerning the announcement on 23rd September 2009 by Senator Chris Evans to restructure priority processing for all General skilled Migration Applications.

My situation is, I am a skilled migrant (not on the CSL) I have secured State Sponsorship for my trade. Adelaide skilled processing centre have requested both mine and my families medicals and police clearance to be done on the 25/6/09. I had this done at considerable expense ($1900AUD) The new directives now dictate my application will not be finalized until 2012, by that time the medicals and police checks will have expired, result in costing all migrants in my position additional monies. I ask is fair, reasonable and right for the Australian government to be allowed to deliberately, force this additional expense on skilled migrant, when all we are doing is following instructions from the Adelaide skilled processing centre, as laid down by ministerial directives. This excludes all the expense involved in lodging the application and gaining Vet Assess Approval (again all required prior to finalization of our application)

I ask is sensible to force additional work/expenditure onto the DIAC? If these files are left for a log period of time they will all require much more processing, than if they were to finalize them in the near distant future?

The Minister has continually messed around with the immigration program, this should not be allowed, as he is directly causing immense stress and loss of money to all skilled migrants wishing to live, and offering the ability to contribute both the Australian economy and society.

To allow you to investigate my situation further here are the full details of my General skilled Migration Application.

Name: ---------

Visa type: ---------

Client ID: ---------

TRN: ---------

DOB: ---------

Passport Number: ----------

Nationality: -----------

I await your response.

What action or result do you want?

I feel it right and only fair to finalize all applications in the final stages of processing (requested medical, and character clearance) as priority 2. As per the directives announced 23rd September 2009.

Guest proud2beaussie

Good luck with your campaign everyone.

Freaks-I notice that you have put

As per the directives announced 23rd November 2009.
,I think you need to change that to September?

Guest Justin JIANG

Quoted from another threaded written by Frank Claassen

Please support our petition against September changes

Hi all,

I would like to ask for your support to petition against the September 23 changes being applied to applications already assigned to a CO and in the process of being finalized. I'm sure you would agree with me and other applicants that this has been a very unfair implementation of the recent priority processing changes. In the past, changes have only been applied to applications not yet assigned but not this time and this is unfair!

Many of us have already written to Senator Evans voicing our concerns about this. We have put up an online petition and I have notified the minister of such. Please support this petition by visiting Immigration Processing priority changes of September 2009 unfair Petition and adding your signature in support. Please also also ask as many friends and family to support our petition. The more support we can get, the better our chances of getting DIAC to reconsider this unfair practice.

Thank you

Frank Claassen

Guest proud2beaussie

Justin,

Please see my comments on other threads-there is no need to post the thread about the petition on all migration threads as you seem to be doing,just post the link please .

Hi All,

I like many others have been affected by the new Priority Changes made on 23rd September:arghh:

Have you been Requested to get your Medicals and police checks?

Are you in the final stages of your application (all docs Met and Meds Finalized)?

Are you going to lie down, or do you want to be heard?

The more people that say something about how unfair it is to process our applications just prior to finalization and then put them on hold! The more likely he is to listen.

After all he is a Senator, surely his actions should only be fair

If you feel you should have a voice please join my campaign!!!

I have decided and as advised by my agent to mount an Email/Letter campaign to:

Senator Evans as the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

He is the individual responsible for this!!!

His Contact details are:

Senator Chris Evans

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6277 7860

Fax: 02 6273 4144

Email: minister@immi.gov.au and senator.evans@aph.gov.au

Please, Please, Please write we need to stick together.

If you decided to contact Mr Evans please leave a comment to keep this thread alive.

Kevin Rudd is next on my list!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all caught up in this mess and thanks for your support

Just wondering, did anyone get a reply from writing to this Minister or the Ombudsman? Would really be interested to know.

Archived