Plz share 801 second stage partner visa timeline

daveenajohns

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me about 2 months. I didn't put much evidence in though, was planning to add some more but was granted before I got round to it.

Was granted about a month ago

Took me about 2 months. I didn't put much evidence in though, was planning to add some more but was granted before I got round to it.

Was granted about a month ago

Thanks for that, very good to hear - and congrats on getting the PR.

Ours will be a 100, but I'll ask here as the basic process is the same - My husband's 2 years since application are up on 6th June and we're just getting the last of the paperwork together.

We have an Immi account ready to upload stuff too, and we've kept them up to date with current addresses i expected to actually hear something from DIBP by now but have had nothing. Did they actually write to/email you to request the paperwork, or did you just go ahead and upload it?

Thanks

Ours will be a 100, but I'll ask here as the basic process is the same - My husband's 2 years since application are up on 6th June and we're just getting

Thanks

Hi Nemesis,

My eligiblilty date was in March and I received an email from Dept in the end of Jan. To apply online you need to wait until your eligiblilty date or you can apply 2 months before your eligiblilty date by post.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixing quote

Hello there!

Nemesis: My eligibility us up on the 7th June 2015. And I've just this very minute received an email from the DIBP asking for my documentation. Just about to start putting everything together, probably take a week or two then I'll submit everything online :) Be good to get it done!

I'm sure they'll contact you soon, if not I've always found them very useful on the phone.

Hello there!

Nemesis: My eligibility us up on the 7th June 2015. And I've just this very minute received an email from the DIBP asking for my documentation. Just about to start putting everything together, probably take a week or two then I'll submit everything online :) Be good to get it done!

I'm sure they'll contact you soon, if not I've always found them very useful on the phone.

Hi, yes my husband's email has just come through today. Got everything sorted except for his statement (typical bloke!) so we should have the application in by the end of next week.

Be good to get it over with!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been eligible to apply for my 100 visa for a few days now. I've tried using the online account but keep getting an error message once I've put in my details suggesting something is incorrect. I've checked numerous times and it definitely isn't! Immigration suggested I may have to apply by paper as my application ID starts with IRIS - has anyone else encountered this? Seems strange people from the UK who applied before/same time as me are able to import the second stage to online and not me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lucy

Ours will be a 100, but I'll ask here as the basic process is the same - My husband's 2 years since application are up on 6th June and we're just getting the last of the paperwork together.

We have an Immi account ready to upload stuff too, and we've kept them up to date with current addresses i expected to actually hear something from DIBP by now but have had nothing. Did they actually write to/email you to request the paperwork, or did you just go ahead and upload it?

Thanks

Mine took about two months - but I applied over a month before eligibility. It arrived about three weeks after eligibility. That was in 2012.

I know it seems frustrating to be waiting for the grant - I was checking VEVO several times a day :) but it actually makes very little difference when it does come through. You might find it easier to get credit and you know that it doesn't matter if the relationship breaks down, but if neither of those situations applies, it is just a bit of an anti-climax when it happens.

Thanks for reply lastonealive. Can I ask if it was 100 or 801 and did u apply online or post?

Daveena

Sorry missed this. Was online, thats why I was planning on adding more evidence sporadically.

Can vouch for the anti climax though, life is just the same as it was before, citizenship a bigger deal I imagine

Hey guys,

I've been eligible to apply for my 100 visa for a few days now. I've tried using the online account but keep getting an error message once I've put in my details suggesting something is incorrect. I've checked numerous times and it definitely isn't! Immigration suggested I may have to apply by paper as my application ID starts with IRIS - has anyone else encountered this? Seems strange people from the UK who applied before/same time as me are able to import the second stage to online and not me.

Cheers,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

You don't need to import any files when you applying online for the second stage. You need to select Information for second stage partner visa 801/100.

Daughter still waiting in Sydney, 2nd stage 801 applied for Dec. 2014, just shows the difference different states take.

Hi ramot,

DIBP seems to take long these days. Did your daughter apply online , before or after eligiblilty?

Hope you hear good news soon.

Hi,

Yes that's what I did. Haven't inported anything. Just can't get past personal details page using my IRIS application ID. Which immigration site does mention can't be used for a number of visas but not partner. No one else on the IRIS application ID tried yet?

Hi Lucy,

You don't need to import any files when you applying online for the second stage. You need to select Information for second stage partner visa 801/100.

Hi ramot,

DIBP seems to take long these days. Did your daughter apply online , before or after eligiblilty?

Hope you hear good news soon.

Applied after eligible, the day after 2 years from original application date.

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Lucy

Two issues I have found so far.

First one is that you need to use the Application ID from the email/letter inviting you to do the PR stage NOT the ID from the Temp stage. Leave out the IRIS bit (as i did) and just put in the figures. Thats at a very early stage and had me stumped for a while till i realised the new email has a new application ID.

Secondly there is a question about whether it is 24 months since the temp visa was applied for. You must say YES to that or you can't go any further. Ours isn't quite 24 months but I've said yes and am just filling in the info but won't actually submit it until the 2 year anniversary (2weeks time).

If its not one of those problems, let me know how far you have got and I'll have a look at mine.

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

Hi Nemesis, thank you so much for your insight... I was using the old application ID and just checked my letter and realised you are right, it is a different one. Hopefully that solves the problem, I will check tomorrow! Cheers :)

First one is that you need to use the Application ID from the email/letter inviting you to do the PR stage NOT the ID from the Temp stage. Leave out the IRIS bit (as i did) and just put in the figures. Thats at a very early stage and had me stumped for a while till i realised the new email has a new application ID.

Secondly there is a question about whether it is 24 months since the temp visa was applied for. You must say YES to that or you can't go any further. Ours isn't quite 24 months but I've said yes and am just filling in the info but won't actually submit it until the 2 year anniversary (2weeks time).

If its not one of those problems, let me know how far you have got and I'll have a look at mine.

Hi Nemesis, thank you so much for your insight... I was using the old application ID and just checked my letter and realised you are right, it is a different one. Hopefully that solves the problem, I will check tomorrow! Cheers :)

I had the same problem at first. once I realised they were different and used my husband's PR letter reference it was fine :)Just use figures, if there are letters again then ignore them.

And be careful of the question 'Is it 24 months since........' If you put NO you can't proceed. So we have put yes, carried on working through the form, but won't actually submit untl its exactly 24 months.

The other tip I will give you is to save it frequently, even if you are going straight to the next page. If it times out (on a long page) or if your internet connection drops out, you lose the stuff since the last save. The statement about the relationship, done by the applicant can take a good while to fill in even if you are just coopying something already written out, so I suggest you save after each box - you'll see what i mean when you get to it!

Yeah they definitely don't make it very clear...and when I called up the guy didn't know why either and just thought it wouldn't work. So thank you, that has definitely saved me a lot of effort! We are just past the 24 month mark now so that bits all good :) thanks for the saving tip, I can imagine that would be really annoying!

I had the same problem at first. once I realised they were different and used my husband's PR letter reference it was fine :)Just use figures, if there are letters again then ignore them.

And be careful of the question 'Is it 24 months since........' If you put NO you can't proceed. So we have put yes, carried on working through the form, but won't actually submit untl its exactly 24 months.

The other tip I will give you is to save it frequently, even if you are going straight to the next page. If it times out (on a long page) or if your internet connection drops out, you lose the stuff since the last save. The statement about the relationship, done by the applicant can take a good while to fill in even if you are just coopying something already written out, so I suggest you save after each box - you'll see what i mean when you get to it!

Yeah they definitely don't make it very clear...and when I called up the guy didn't know why either and just thought it wouldn't work. So thank you, that has definitely saved me a lot of effort! We are just past the 24 month mark now so that bits all good :) thanks for the saving tip, I can imagine that would be really annoying!

It was! I learnt after the first paragraph when the internet connection dropped out and i lost it!!

Good luck!

@Nemesis! After a very frustrating evening stuck on page 4 of my online application, I gave up and turned to the forum and was lucky enough to find your post! Thank you so much for this information.... :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
@Nemesis! After a very frustrating evening stuck on page 4 of my online application, I gave up and turned to the forum and was lucky enough to find your post! Thank you so much for this information.... :notworthy:

No problem.

that online thing takes hours! Jeeeez I reckon the old paper forms were quicker!

Further tips you have to press Submit on the application, after typing all the personal info and the Applicant's details of the relationship, BEFORE you can upload the extra stuff (all this is new for those of us who did the first stage on paper).

I recommend you have all the stuff you want to upload scanned and in a folder so that its easy and quick to find each document. The statement by the Sponsor gets uploaded as part of this process. Its a slow process as you have to put a category in for each document, so the more organised you are beforehand the better.

Anyway, finished and submitted in the early hours of today, so now we just wait.....again!............

• 4 weeks later...
No problem.

that online thing takes hours! Jeeeez I reckon the old paper forms were quicker!

Further tips you have to press Submit on the application, after typing all the personal info and the Applicant's details of the relationship, BEFORE you can upload the extra stuff (all this is new for those of us who did the first stage on paper).

I recommend you have all the stuff you want to upload scanned and in a folder so that its easy and quick to find each document. The statement by the Sponsor gets uploaded as part of this process. Its a slow process as you have to put a category in for each document, so the more organised you are beforehand the better.

Anyway, finished and submitted in the early hours of today, so now we just wait.....again!............

Sorry for the late reply Nemesis, haven't been on the forum a lot recently. I'm back home and had so much going on before I left that I didn't get my second stage application submitted before today! Never mind, it's only money :cry:

I went to the immigration dept to ask about it and they said there was no deadline to get it in so I've stopped stressing about it for now. Will continue when I get back from Greece in 3 weeks!

I hope yours is processed quickly. Thank you for your help and tips, much appreciated x