Plz share 801 second stage partner visa timeline

daveenajohns

Hello everybody,

This is the very first time I use and write in this forum by recommendation of a friend, so my apologies in advance If I am in the wrong conversation! I tried to find the one nearest topic to my question:

Does anyone know about the current processing time for The Permanent Partner Visa, subclass 801, 2nd stage?

Day of eligibility 11/11/15

Application uploaded perfectly on the day of eligibility 11/11/15

If someone is in the same situation or similar I will really appreciate some hope! to sort of know how the processing times are going! Many thanks!!!

Processing times aren't going anywhere. We submitted the PR paperwork in ethe first week of June 2015, it still says Received, and has not been looked at yet.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Processing times aren't going anywhere. We submitted the PR paperwork in ethe first week of June 2015, it still says Received, and has not been looked at yet.

Thanks very much for your answer Nemesis! I am really sorry to read that, hopefully we will get it soon! If you have any news when you receive please let me know! Means a lot ! All the best!

Thanks very much for your answer Nemesis! I am really sorry to read that, hopefully we will get it soon! If you have any news when you receive please let me know! Means a lot ! All the best!

I will post on here if we ever get a response, or better still a visa Kind of given up hope now though, we are making plans for the future that don't involve Australia. We are simply to old to live with the uncertainty of temporary visas

I will post on here if we ever get a response, or better still a visa Kind of given up hope now though, we are making plans for the future that don't involve Australia. We are simply to old to live with the uncertainty of temporary visas

Thank you very much Nemesis and all the best for you!

Yep thats what we have heard since applying. At the time we applied (last June) we were told a 5-6 month timeline.

Thank you very much for all the answers! Omg! 12-15 months is a long time to be in "Limbo" they told me 6-8 months for online applications! I am really sorry to read this! Wish you all the very best and I hope you get it soon! Please if possible let me know when you receive the confirmation! Means really a lot for me!

best regards!

Julieta

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just want to share my timeline with everyone

My eligibility date : 5 april 2015 for 801

Applied on 20th march 2015

Have not heard anything from immigration, we applied through agent, it will be 12 months next week, i called immigration yesterday only reply was it usually take about 12 to 15 months, me and my sponser(wife) are travelling overseas for 10 days from 3rd to 12th. Hope they dont ask for further evidence when we are away, also i am not kind of giving up on it, its always on side of my head no matter what i am doing.

Anyway hope everyone gets their good news soon, waiting is killer though.

Any suggestions on fast forwarding tjis process :)

There is no logic to how they seem to grant the second stage. My partners eligibility was June 2015. Applied on line July 2015 and granted January 2016. Was prepared for a very long wait so totally took us by surprise!

Congratulations!!! Really pleased for you.

You lucky thing - same eligibility as us but we're still waiting.

Husband has just received a good job offer back home, money isn't as good as my job here but at least we can settle down and not keep wondering if his visa will be refused at some point. The thought of being told to leave at short notice is preying on his mind something rotten. So DIBP can stuff their ever extending timelines, we're going home.

Edited by Nemesis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Eligibility Date - 06/03/15

Applied -Online 04/03/15

Waiting

HI

I am about to apply for my 801 visa online two months before my eligibility date ( 13th of October 2016)

I was wondering what did answer for the question in the online form : did 24 months pass since you first lodged the combined partner visa?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I applied for an 820 visa and was granted an 801 straight away

Wow! So happy to hear that. And I am happy for you! :smile: I and my husband had been in De facto Relationship since 2009 and got married 2012, we applied partner's visa 820/801 April 2016. Never heard anything from case officer as we are confident that we submitted complete/necessary documentations and requirements in one hit. And acknowledgemet email had a note/stated we submitted a complete and valid documents for my partner's visa application.

All events or occassions with family and friends during birthday parties, wedding anniversaries, Christmas, New Year celebrations have photos on facebook that shows how genuine our relationship was; plus friends who offered affidavits from both Australia and my country and were certified by lawyers were submitted and all financial aspects were provided and segragated properly. Anyway it was like a Big 2 inches thick book with a Table of Contents when we submitted the whole documentaions as all were copied in A4 and certified by JP here in Australia (NO Clips or staple wire, all were just segragated in accordance to our table of contents and each type of document/s have individual title in between them). Lots of work between me and my husband as we personally did it and we did not wanted our personal informations given to agents or anyone. So far we had so much fun compiling the whole documentations. And I am patiently waiting, it is almost 6th months now.

Anyway, I am wondering if you could, kindly please tell me how long did you wait for you to get the Grant Notice? As I am excited for mine too. :smile: And will be a lot happier as I could go in and out of the country as well anytime i need to. Thank you! :-) <3

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! So happy to hear that. And I am happy for you! :smile: I and my husband had been in De facto Relationship since 2009 and got married 2012, we applied partner's visa 820/801 April 2016. Never heard anything from case officer as we are confident that we submitted complete/necessary documentations and requirements in one hit. And acknowledgemet email had a note/stated we submitted a complete and valid documents for my partner's visa application.

All events or occassions with family and friends during birthday parties, wedding anniversaries, Christmas, New Year celebrations have photos on facebook that shows how genuine our relationship was; plus friends who offered affidavits from both Australia and my country and were certified by lawyers were submitted and all financial aspects were provided and segragated properly. Anyway it was like a Big 2 inches thick book with a Table of Contents when we submitted the whole documentaions as all were copied in A4 and certified by JP here in Australia (NO Clips or staple wire, all were just segragated in accordance to our table of contents and each type of document/s have individual title in between them). Lots of work between me and my husband as we personally did it and we did not wanted our personal informations given to agents or anyone. So far we had so much fun compiling the whole documentations. And I am patiently waiting, it is almost 6th months now.

Anyway, I am wondering if you could, kindly please tell me how long did you wait for you to get the Grant Notice? As I am excited for mine too. :smile: And will be a lot happier as I could go in and out of the country as well anytime i need to. Thank you! :-)

<3

Hi as i know from my experience it will take up to 13-15 months.

But you never know from case to case different .

i applied on 08/10/14 visa granted 820 on 22/04/16 this year and my eligibility date was on 08/10/16 for 801 i applied for the 801 on 22/08/16 still waiting for 801

Best of luck