Plz share 801 second stage partner visa timeline

daveenajohns

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any news on grants/timelines for either the 100 or the 801 over the last couple of months?

Put in our PR paperwork 3 months back and nothing yet. My husband had to go back to the UK for family reasons for a few months but he's now on his way back here (hooray!!!) so I've just uploaded his change of address form, hoping that might prompt some action.......

I applied two months ago and no case office assigned yet. Application status still says 'application received' not 'application in progress' or whatever it changes to. How long has it taken people to get a CO?

Cheers, Lucy

We applied 3rd June, its still saying Application received, so I don't know if a CO has been looking at it. We have another couple of weeks to match Cheese Please's grant timeline.

I would assume unless they feel they need more evidence it'll just be a grant on the spot, not quite the same as the Temp Spouse where you need a CO to request medicals etc.

Yeah true, on another forum some people saw a change to 'application in progress' or something similar so kind of like a CO is assigned to look at it...then whenever the grant is it changes again so not just straight from received to grant, but could be wrong. That would be nice!

We applied 3rd June, its still saying Application received, so I don't know if a CO has been looking at it. We have another couple of weeks to match Cheese Please's grant timeline.

I would assume unless they feel they need more evidence it'll just be a grant on the spot, not quite the same as the Temp Spouse where you need a CO to request medicals etc.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Naming/links for other forums not allowed

Yeah true, I had read on the Australia forum some people saw a change to 'application in progress' or something similar so kind of like a CO is assigned to look at it...then whenever the grant is it changes again so not just straight from received to grant, but could be wrong. That would be nice!

I know thats how it goes with the initial application, but when its just going from Provisional to PR I think it could be a bit different Sofew of us on here at this stage that its hard to tell.

I know thats how it goes with the initial application, but when its just going from Provisional to PR I think it could be a bit different Sofew of us on here at this stage that its hard to tell.

This was for second stage. Quite a popular forum that one if you're looking for more people and their stats!

This was for second stage. Quite a popular forum that one if you're looking for more people and their stats!

Which forum? I know there's a thread in here about the 309 but I don't really use the other PIO forums. Used to like reading the controversial stuff in Chewing the Fat but all those threads are now restricted viewing apparently - ruined my fun!

Which forum? I know there's a thread in here about the 309 but I don't really use the other PIO forums. Used to like reading the controversial stuff in Chewing the Fat but all those threads are now restricted viewing apparently - ruined my fun!

I don't really use anything now either just check on this from time to time but not in any big rush to get PR now I have work etc sorted

Edited by MaggieMay24
Naming/links of other forums not allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
801 2nd stage visa

And the good news is

daughter's PR granted on the 22nd Sept.

Time scale, lodged Sydney late Dec. 2014, so taken almost 9 months.

yipeee!!!!

Thanks for that depressing news!

Pleased that your daughter has got it, not so pleased that with that timeline we will have to wait till next February. I knew I shouldn't have told him about the 4 months grant earlier in the thread, I feel his black cloud descending already.

• 1 month later...
Any news guys? I m still waiting, 8 mnths and 6 days post eligibility.

No news here. Paperwork went in first week of June, not a peek out of them yet.

Someone on another thread has said they spoke to DIBP this week who quoted a new timeline of 12-15 months for the PR stage 820 to 801.

I daren't tell the OH, he is so looking forward to being PR and telling him he has nearly a year to go yet will not go down well.

I daren't tell the OH, he is so looking forward to being PR and telling him he has nearly a year to go yet will not go down well.

I feel his pain - getting PR means you can feel independent again. Relationships work better when they are between equals rather than one partner being dependent on the other one.

But having said that, when the PR does come through it is a bit of an anti-climax. You don't feel different and almost feel as though something (the daily checking of status) has been taken away.

By the way, the first sign I had of the grant was checking my visa on VEVO - the PR visa showed up on VEVO about a day before I got the grant e-mail. That was in 2012.

I feel his pain - getting PR means you can feel independent again. Relationships work better when they are between equals rather than one partner being dependent on the other one.

But having said that, when the PR does come through it is a bit of an anti-climax. You don't feel different and almost feel as though something (the daily checking of status) has been taken away.

By the way, the first sign I had of the grant was checking my visa on VEVO - the PR visa showed up on VEVO about a day before I got the grant e-mail. That was in 2012.

Thats handy to know about VEVO, thanks!

It won't make much difference to him having PR, except that he wants a party. When I got my spouse PR years ago it mattered loads as I was waiting for a permanent job which they wouldn't confirm till the PR came through. Once he gets PR though I guess I'l have a constant round of 'when can i get citizenship' to deal with....!!

It feels really good to have this behind us but we applied in Nov/Dec 2012. Temp res rcvd June 2013... waiting... waiting... We thought we would get the PR in Nov last year so invited family down to celebrate with us - but of course it never came through until March this year! Luckily we had planned a trip to visit family that week anyway so could celebrate just the same!

Quinkla is so right. It is so important for the relationship to get it behind you. It was all we knew for 2.5 years, but then at the same time when it does actually arrive it feels as though nothing has changed. I guess for the applicant they keep thinking that it's going to open all these doors.. when in fact, obstacles still exist and the work has only just begun!

So it is the beginning and the end of the holiday for the new migrant. My husband got very good at doing the dishes. ;)

• 2 months later...
Thats handy to know about VEVO, thanks!

It won't make much difference to him having PR, except that he wants a party. When I got my spouse PR years ago it mattered loads as I was waiting for a permanent job which they wouldn't confirm till the PR came through. Once he gets PR though I guess I'l have a constant round of 'when can i get citizenship' to deal with....!!

He is aiming for jobs which require citizenship. Can't even get near them when he can't even get PR.

Spoke to an agent this week who advised not to back on anything soon, and it could even be 12-18 months yet. So he flew back to England this week after a blazing row to see if he can get his former job back.

Timeline is now Paperwork submitted June 2015

Eligibe for PR June 2015

Likely Grant July 2017.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

This is the very first time I use and write in this forum by recommendation of a friend, so my apologies in advance If I am in the wrong conversation! I tried to find the one nearest topic to my question:

Does anyone know about the current processing time for The Permanent Partner Visa, subclass 801, 2nd stage?

Day of eligibility 11/11/15

Application uploaded perfectly on the day of eligibility 11/11/15

If someone is in the same situation or similar I will really appreciate some hope! to sort of know how the processing times are going! Many thanks!!!