Gutted.....IELTS results arent what we needed....

smw

Had to take the English test to get state sponsorship....

Just got my test results, needed 7's in all four catergories...scored 6.5 in reading, sailed through the rest and got an avergage of 7

Cant get another test date now, so it looks like we will have to go through the new process in July and we now feel its never going to happen....really upset by it...think the dream could be over

Steph

:sad:

There are loads of testing places, I got an appointment in 3 days. Granted it was London, you might have to travel but it might be worth it rather than waiting.

Good luck

Thanks for the kind words and support, just really frustrated!. Can find test dates, but a good 2 hour drive away!!.

Had to take the English test to get state sponsorship....

Just got my test results, needed 7's in all four catergories...scored 6.5 in reading, sailed through the rest and got an avergage of 7

Cant get another test date now, so it looks like we will have to go through the new process in July and we now feel its never going to happen....really upset by it...think the dream could be over

Steph

:sad:

Please do not give up, Steph! Even if you have to take a day off from work to take the test during the week, go for it! If you can afford to, book two exams ahead of time!

Please do not give up, Steph! Even if you have to take a day off from work to take the test during the week, go for it! If you can afford to, book two exams ahead of time!

Hi, thanks for the support, think i am just being a little dramatic!!!. Will persever...wanted this for so long, not going to give up now!!

Just cant believe i have to take an English test!!!!!

I would try and book the test that's 2 hours away if you can manage it. I was ready to take my IELTS test in a city that was an 8 hour bus ride away because there was no availability in my city. In the end, I was able to get in at my local test center at the last minute.

Hey smw,

Don't give up at the first step! I'm sure you can find space somewhere in the UK?? Perhaps book a cheap travelodge close to whichever centre you can get into or something so location doesn't matter so much? For the cost of the exam, an extra £20-40 for accom would be worth it to get it done!

Good luck!

Hi don't give it up it will be more than worth it and you passed most of it easily! I had to travel anyway and some have booked tests all over the country to get through it!

The reading part is a little tricky as it is more about technique but you can prepare for this part doing online tests or getting the book with CDs off amazon-eg don't assume or infer information unless it says it explicitly in writing the true false bit you should choose not given etc, the other part is concentration and not letting your mind wander!

Good luck keep the dream alive :)

Thanks for the kind words and support, just really frustrated!. Can find test dates, but a good 2 hour drive away!!.

Mmmmmmmm...........

So you would rather wait until July and risk the new process than drive the 2 hrs??? Somehow that doesnt seem to make sense to me, especially if you have been planning this for so long.

Come on, its a stupid test that we all have to do - pull your finger out and get it sorted. 2 hrs is a bad movie, not a reason to delay your process for months and then the uncertainty of the new process.

Archived