The word AUSTRALIA!

Splash77

Maybe not for the convertered ozzie lover's....but Dont you just get sick to death of hearing the word AUSTRALIA, OZ, OZZIE, In every other sentence on the TV.

WTF is all that about....god give me strenght.:cry:

Coined by a pom, one Matthew Flinders, circa 1802/3

Just in case you hadn't got a clue...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Sir Les Patterson
yeah im leaving in a couple of month's too...thankgod. :laugh:

We can but be thankful for small mercies.

With a population of such diverse ethic and cultural backgrounds it is being "Australian" that ties us all together. Sometimes the over-the-top displays of national pride make me cringe with embarrassment, but I can live with it.

mate, you keep editing this post, but do you really mean 'ethic'?

I wonder if those who are tired of the "flag waving" and Aussie National and State pride ever consider just how much the likes of Geordies, Scousers, Cockneys, Glaswegians et al do just the same with regards to their home towns? IMHE they seem to "elevate" their "parochial ethnicity" far above their national identity and "strut their stuff" about it, just as much, if not more, than Aussies do about their nationality. I've never heard an aussie trumpet the merits of their towns/cities in the same manner as poms do about theirs.

I wonder if those who are tired of the "flag waving" and Aussie National and State pride ever consider just how much the likes of Geordies, Scousers, Cockneys, Glaswegians et al do just the same with regards to their home towns? IMHE they seem to "elevate" their "parochial ethnicity" far above their national identity and "strut their stuff" about it, just as much, if not more, than Aussies do about their nationality. I've never heard an aussie trumpet the merits of their towns/cities in the same manner as poms do about theirs.

Oh, I dunno, JD...Oakey Dokeyites seem to be a hap hap happy mob...bigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

We have gang and turf wars over here just because some twits think they live in better sink estates than their enemies let alone a bit of flag waving on the tv!

how bad has Bucks got since 2008?!

I am not talking about Bucks, i am talking in general about our big cities just like i guess the op was talking in general

Maybe not for the convertered ozzie lover's....but Dont you just get sick to death of hearing the word AUSTRALIA, OZ, OZZIE, In every other sentence on the TV.

WTF is all that about....god give me strenght.:cry:

Thank you. We are all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Archived