176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently they're taking between 2-3 weeks.

I emailed them in Feb, and I was told:

WA 2 weeks

VIC 3 weeks

SA 3 weeks

It may be slowing down now since there's only 3 months til DIAC change the rules and influx of applications.

Did they send an email to you or any other ways around?

Guest kristy1

Hi Newlifeincoming

I have the same thing...my daughter's meds are MET but mine are showing as outstanding...we only had them done on Tuesday so its only been a few days!! I'm surprised how quickly its all going through! I've had no email saying about a CO but all my documents say they have been MET so SOMEBODY is doing something lol. I have VIC state sponsorship...anyone else? Wonder how long it takes from now? I've heard different stories...let me know how you get on?

Kristy

Guest ToniA
Hi there,

We have a saturday appointment booked at Handsworth wood med centre Birmingham B20 2ES tel 01215 231807, hope this helps

Thanks Jasperyogi.....got CO yesterday (at last) so called the Handsworth and they had appointments for this Saturday so booked!! It's all very real and exciting now!! Fingers crossed for the meds!!

ToniA

Thanks Jasperyogi.....got CO yesterday (at last) so called the Handsworth and they had appointments for this Saturday so booked!! It's all very real and exciting now!! Fingers crossed for the meds!!

ToniA

Congratulations on the CO! when did you apply for the visa?

Guest ToniA

Did anyone manage to fill out the medical forms online?? i can't seem to find where i can do that! Or is it just as fast to take the forms along? (think i must have missed something along the way)

Did anyone manage to fill out the medical forms online?? i can't seem to find where i can do that! Or is it just as fast to take the forms along? (think i must have missed something along the way)

The online forms (26EH & 160EH) will be automatically filled up when you lodge the application. But it looks like they have some access issues and are not always downloadable.

The regular Form(s) 26 and 160 should also be fine. Just double check with your clinic before you go.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/26.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/160.pdf

Edited by toOZ2012

Guest Berhe

Hi Everyone,

This is probably the stupidest question I've ever asked, but sometimes I need to hear (or in this case read) the answer that's already floating in my head at the moment. It's the last day of March right now and I've just acquired an excellent migration agent who's eager to get the ball rolling on my paperwork. Unfortunately, with the July 1, 2012 deadline looming and it's impact on processing times for VETASSESS and SS, I don't see any realistic scenario wherein I can lodge a 176 before SkillSelect. Tell me what you think, guys... And be brutally honest.

Berhe

Hi Everyone,

This is probably the stupidest question I've ever asked, but sometimes I need to hear (or in this case read) the answer that's already floating in my head at the moment. It's the last day of March right now and I've just acquired an excellent migration agent who's eager to get the ball rolling on my paperwork. Unfortunately, with the July 1, 2012 deadline looming and it's impact on processing times for VETASSESS and SS, I don't see any realistic scenario wherein I can lodge a 176 before SkillSelect. Tell me what you think, guys... And be brutally honest.

Berhe

Hi Berhe

Welcome :) sorry cant help as we went the ANMAC, but to get a realistic idea of how long it takes to get Vetassess approval I'd check their timeline for dealing with applications hopefully someone here will give you an idea of how long it takes I'm sure there are some threads lying around on timelines as well.

What industry do you work in?

Guest Berhe

Thanks for the heads up - I'll have a look that way. I currently work in the construction industry as a project manager. I've been with the company for six years. Before that, I received a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (accredited program and university).

Hi Everyone,

Berhe

Hi Berhe,

The processing times for VETASSESS are all over the place and are not known for their speediness, they are taking several months. Check the VETASSESS threads in this forum for more accurate timelines.

Now for the brutally honest part: There is a slight chance that DIAC may stop taking in new applications a bit before 1st of July, could be end of May. So things should really line up for you, something like 4-7 weeks for skills assessment + 1 week for WA SS (if that is the state you want to go). Or, 12-13 weeks for assessment + 1 week for SS( this I doubt very much as the last minute rush of applications and limited program places may makes this impossible)

Other than WA, other states take quite a bit of time to process the sponsorship applications. Victoria is the only state that accepts your SS application before skills assessment but will only grant it after they see a positive assessment outcome, which will save some time.

On the whole, the major limiting factor will be your skills assessment. In any case, you should apply as soon as possible as you can't do much without it. God forbid and you miss the deadline, you'll at least be the first applicant in the SkillSelect program and as we all know, date of application has priority when two applicants have the same number of points. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up - I'll have a look that way. I currently work in the construction industry as a project manager. I've been with the company for six years. Before that, I received a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (accredited program and university).

Vetassess takes 16 weeks currently.so it's going to be very tight. However I would recommend going through the skills assessment and preparing yourself if you are confident that you can make more than 65 points in the points test. DIAC has introduced the new visa categories under skills elect and I advise you to go through that to get an idea of how it will work. You never know there may still be hope!

Guest Berhe

Hi toOZ2012,

You're right about the processing times. Based on what I've read on the VETASSESS website, your comment, and stories I've read on threads here, VETASSESS is really all over the map. No sense on getting my hopes up on their behalf.

I'm pretty much convinced that I won't make the deadline, so I'm going to get my mind used to the idea of preparing my skills assessment and IELTS with the intent of submitting an EOI. My migrant agent and I are getting started on all of this come Monday. However, what hurts me is the points I'll lose for not having a SS prior to submitting an application. Correct me if I'm wrong, but under the new SkillSelect, applicants can't apply for a SS until they receive an invitation from a state in need. I'll still have the required points need to issue an EOI, but it's really the 70s and 80s who'll get the first invites.

Hi toOZ2012,

You're right about the processing times. Based on what I've read on the VETASSESS website, your comment, and stories I've read on threads here, VETASSESS is really all over the map. No sense on getting my hopes up on their behalf.

I'm pretty much convinced that I won't make the deadline, so I'm going to get my mind used to the idea of preparing my skills assessment and IELTS with the intent of submitting an EOI. My migrant agent and I are getting started on all of this come Monday. However, what hurts me is the points I'll lose for not having a SS prior to submitting an application. Correct me if I'm wrong, but under the new SkillSelect, applicants can't apply for a SS until they receive an invitation from a state in need. I'll still have the required points need to issue an EOI, but it's really the 70s and 80s who'll get the first invites.

Yeah, with the EOI system, the state picks you and not the other way around. If a state nominates you, you'll automatically get an invite. If not, you'll compete with other applications, every month, in your occupation. So, if you think the typical applicant in your occupation will have a lot more points than you, then you could be waiting a while. Eventually, when they do pick your point-rage applications, it'll be advantageous to have lodged as soon as possible as that breaks the tie.

Guest Berhe

Before July 1, I'd be with 80 points (5 for a SS). So I'll have to settle for 75 after the SkillSelect comes into effect.

Edited by Berhe

Before July 1, I'd be with 80 points (5 for a SS). So I'll have to settle for 75 after the SkillSelect comes into effect.

We had some discussion on how many points one can get and stuff...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/143008-new-points-system-skills-select.html#post1358789

I think, 75 is a good enough score and depending on your occupation may be more than enough.

Guest Berhe

You know what the funny part is? I have an engineering degree, but according to Australia's work descriptions, I'm somewhere between a construction project manager and project builder - both require an assessment from VETASSESS. If I had pursued engineering work, Engineering Australia would've had a lot shorter of a turnaround time for my app.

Like toOZ says 75 is a good score and you should have a go at skillsselect. And given the kind of growth that is being seen your occupation should continue to have strong demand and that means a better probability of going through.