Perth Cost of Living

MACDONALDO67

Anyone living in Perth could oblige and just give me an idea of costs on a monthly basis please? Just need an idea of items that may arise in Australia that do not here in the UK so I can do some calculations.

Rates/Council Tax $ (for homeowners or renters)

Electric $

Gas $

Water $

House Phone $

Internet $

Sky/Foxtel $

Car Rego $

Car Insurance $

Car Road Tax $

House Insurance $

Life Insurance Cover $

TV Licence $

Petrol $

Mobile Phones $

Food & Groceries $

Insurance House/Contents $

Leisure Time $

Private Medical Insurance (optional) $

Homecare (call out's for repairs)

School fees (I have a 13 year old)

College fees (I have a 16 year old leaving school July)

Mortgage $ personal, N/A

And anything else that I may have missed off.

Thanks XX

Anyone living in Perth could oblige and just give me an idea of costs on a monthly basis please? Just need an idea of items that may arise in Australia that do not here in the UK so I can do some calculations.

Rates/Council Tax $ (for homeowners or renters)there are no rates for renters except maybe exess water i allow about 3800 a year plus my exess water

Electric $last bill wsas 686 for two months but the aircon has been on a lot

Gas $ my last bill was about 98 for three months but in winter my electric goes down and my gas bill can be aoround the 600 mark for three months [ allow that i have a daughter at home that leaves everything on so my bills are fairly high

Water $ as above

House Phone $ my mobile costs me 50 a month my home about 98 a month [ i have no std or over seas ph calls on it had a block put on it because of daughter !!!! my interent about 70 a month

Internet $ as above

Sky/Foxtel $ dont have it my dad does i think its about 75 a month

Car Rego $ approx 300 for each car per six months [ have 2 cars

Car Insurance $about 600 a year each car

Car Road Tax see car rego

House Insurance $ 679 a half year [ building 564,000 contenets 160,000

Life Insurance Cover $

TV Licence $dosnt exist!!

Petrol $i work 4 days a week i put in 35, a week hubby puts in about 70 a week

Mobile Phones $ see above

Food & Groceries $ depends about 250 averagely some times more

Insurance House/Contents $ see above

Leisure Time $ what leasure time ??? lol depends on your intrests to cost

Private Medical Insurance (optional) $ approx 340 a month

Homecare (call out's for repairs) im renovating ,, dont ask !!!!!@#$%

School fees (I have a 13 year old) MINE ARE OLDER NOW but high school fees govt school used to be around 450 ayear catholic college about 3500 a year [ my youngest is 20

College fees (I have a 16 year old leaving school July)have one at college about 1500 for her course a year plus books stationary etc

Mortgage $ personal, N/A

And anything else that I may have missed off

RAC break down about 125 a year each car

Thanks XX

hope this helps

Ali - First thing I did. Was looking for "Cost of Living" and in "Western Australia" but trying to sift through hundreds of threads on the chance was time consuming. I didn't hit the nail on the head.

Moirclan - Thanks. Brilliant that. Just need an idea of costings. Could be something in the pipeline here. Not building hopes up but a window of opportunity could be developing here.

Rates/Council Tax $ (for homeowners or renters)Council rates $2000 a year, (Only home owner pays this not tenants). Water rates $185 a year, (I am not connected to deep sewerage so this makes a huge saving).

Electric $300 every 2 months.

Gas $200 a quarter

Water $300 a year for water used, rates above.

House Phone $35 a month

Internet $39 a month

Sky/Foxtel $135 a month

Car Rego $240 for 6 months

Car Insurance $800 a year

Car Road Tax $include in the rego

House Insurance $900 a year

Life Insurance Cover $100 per month

TV Licence $ Isn't one

Petrol $35 a week

Mobile Phones $30 a month, on a capped plan

Food & Groceries $300 a week

Insurance House/Contents $ 1400 a year

Leisure Time $as much as possible,

Private Medical Insurance (optional) $117 fortnightly

Homecare (call out's for repairs)

School fees (I have a 13 year old)

College fees (I have a 16 year old leaving school July)

Mortgage $ personal, N/A

And anything else that I may have missed off.

Thanks XX

There's just the 2 of us with the adult kids blowing in and out and first thing they do is look in the fridge, so the food bill could be less, :yes:

Some good info here. my bills are a little lower, but there are only 2 of us. Also remember that once you are here and earning in Aussie Dollars then these figures won't seem so high. I know that when you first come over you convert everything to GBP, and with the exchange rate as it is you will REALLY scare yourself!!

Tracey

just wondering who has to pay house insurance? owner or tenant?

Is it really so expensive?

Many thanks

Owner will pay buildings and contents (if furnished), and tenant wil usually pay for their own contents insurance of they have specific valuables.

Tracey

Many thanks

The biggest cost is the contents part, depends obviously on how much you have to insure. I found that increasing the cover of the building costs very little compared to increasing the contents cover by the same value.

Many thanks

The landlord will cover the building and anything included in the rental, ie. stove, dishwasher, carpets, cutains, etc. You need to cover anything that belong to you only.

i also forget to say with my power bill i run a pool as well so the filter is on longer in summer hence the power bill, plus the power to the bore

Yes me too, that bumps up the power usage, especially with the pump runing 8 hours a day.

• 1 month later...

Archived