NSW to ban sun beds

JoandJon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the reason for banning sun beds to be related to the significant drop in sales of banana boat sun cream as there is no requirement to use such a product under artificial light 'only joking' but anything's possible when it comes to government!!!:nah:

Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you owned a solarium?

I am sure they will get compensated?? I think not.. and look at the impact on the environment with all those redundant tubes!! Maybe they will introduce some kind of tax on solarium owners to get rid of there beds!! or maybe they can stick a conservatory on the back of the shop and call it a sun room?

I know I know!! Use the redundant solariums to replace dodgy roof insulation installed by the govt's failed (dangerous) scheme....

Guest proud2beaussie

Don't think it will make much difference to the skin cancer rate sadly,there will always be dumbass aussies who will find a way to get melanoma regardless

of whether sunbeds are banned or not.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest Sir Les Patterson
Don't think it will make much difference to the skin cancer rate sadly,there will always be dumbass aussies who will find a way to get melanoma regardless

of whether sunbeds are banned or not.

or dumbass Poms or anyone else who have no idea of intensity of the Australian sun.

Guest proud2beaussie

I plead guilty to being a dumb aussie myself actually,last week I was out mowing the lawn just before lunch without a hat or sunscreen,after only half an hour

my face and arms were burnt,fortunately not badly and the redness went away after liberal applications of aloe vera gel but it really only takes minutes

for burning and that can be the start of melanoma.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest Sir Les Patterson

My youth was spent surfing, snorkeling, playing cricket on the Gold Coast..........getting sunburnt on many,many occasions (remember once my mum had to take me to the ambulance station in Coolangatta with really bad sunburn), thankfully now at 64 I haven't (touch wood) have had any melanomas.......maybe because of my olive complexion due to Spanish grandmother (who knows). I saw 4 pommy tourists recently in Yorkeys Knob who were literally the colour of beetroot and I thought.....you poor things, you are going to suffer. Been there....done that.

My youth was spent surfing, snorkeling, playing cricket on the Gold Coast..........getting sunburnt on many,many occasions (remember once my mum had to take me to the ambulance station in Coolangatta with really bad sunburn), thankfully now at 64 I haven't (touch wood) have had any melanomas.......maybe because of my olive complexion due to Spanish grandmother (who knows). I saw 4 pommy tourists recently in Yorkeys Knob who were literally the colour of beetroot and I thought.....you poor things, you are going to suffer. Been there....done that.

I see signs of progress here: they were pommies, but you felt sympathy for them.

​Well done sir les

Archived