NSW to ban sun beds

JoandJon

Guest Sir Les Patterson
I'm not a pommy ------, I'm 'self loading freight'!

Let's not get into semantics

Thanks, cobber!

harpo......I am not now,nor will I ever be your "cobber"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SupportPants

Isn't it a bit odd that you spend time on a 'pomz in oz' site if you're not English? The statistics show that 1 in every 15 people born in Queensland develop melanoma during their lives - the damage is often done at a very early age and isn't connected to getting burnt necessarily.

Guest Sir Les Patterson
Isn't it a bit odd that you spend time on a 'pomz in oz' site if you're not English? The statistics show that 1 in every 15 people born in Queensland develop melanoma during their lives - the damage is often done at a very early age and isn't connected to getting burnt necessarily.

Why......I wasn't aware this site was was exclusively for the "English".............that's a rather racist point of view.......besides my partner used to be a pom.....she occaisionally likes to have a giggle at some of the comments on here. As to melanomas.....statistics may be right.....but I'm lucky I don't have any after 64 years in the sun, both Australian and elsewhere.

Guest The Pom Queen
Why......I wasn't aware this site was was exclusively for the "English".............that's a rather racist point of view.......besides my partner used to be a pom.....she occaisionally likes to have a giggle at some of the comments on here. As to melanomas.....statistics may be right.....but I'm lucky I don't have any after 64 years in the sun, both Australian and elsewhere.

So you must like some Poms then Les :wink:

Guest Guest16631

........there have also been studies to suggest.............that short-term exposure to unusually intense sunlight increases the risk of melanoma, while long-term constant exposure has no effect or may decrease risk. ................No simple relationship was seen between melanoma risk and total sunlight exposure.................skin cancers have been found on people who see little sun in their day to day lives..........but spend two weeks in sunny countries.........sunbathing for the whole holiday.........!

Guest Sir Les Patterson
So you must like some Poms then Les

Yes Kate,believe it or not.......as I've said before just the whinging and silly ones I have a problem with. I can safely say I would have a beer with the majority of posters on this site :cute:

Guest The Pom Queen
Yes Kate,believe it or not.......as I've said before just the whinging and silly ones I have a problem with. I can safely say I would have a beer with the majority of posters on this site :cute:

Can I swap the beer for the local curry house seen as we are kind of neighbours :tongue:

Guest Sir Les Patterson
Can I swap the beer for the local curry house seen as we are kind of neighbours

As they say you never know your luck in the big city........although I'm at my partner's Gold Coast residence until after "the wet". I tend to spend summer down here and winter in Cairns so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

Guest The Pom Queen
As they say you never know your luck in the big city........although I'm at my partner's Gold Coast residence until after "the wet". I tend to spend summer down here and winter in Cairns so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

That's the best way to do it, I think if we didn't have kids we would head further South for the wet although to be honest we haven't had any rain this wet so far, it's just been hot, hot, hot but I don't mind and wouldn't live anywhere else.

You mention this a lot sir les. How can someone stop being a Pom? Did she go through some sort of aussie baptism process? Did she have to renounce the dark forces of whingeing and irony?

Id love to be a fly on the wall to watch that!

"so then, you little pommy ******, what the **** are you doing in my ******* bewdiful country?"

"er, thanks for taking the time sir les, to let me buy you a beer and let me spend time with an actual fair dinkum true blue 100% Australian. However, I'm here on holiday and, tbh, I think it's all a bit crap. It's too expensive, the locals are rednecks, the border security seems to be modeled on Guantanamo bay, the sniffer dogs confiscated my chocolate hob nobs, you can't swim in the sea cos it's full of box jellyfish and irikanje and there's no waves on account of the great barrier reef which incidentally, is not a patch on the coral reefs of the Maldives."

"#%%^^^**+!!!!"

Guest Sir Les Patterson
How can someone stop being a Pom?

She is an Australian citizen and has been here nearly 50 years. She doesn't regard herself as being "English" but Australian........why is this such a strange concept to understand......but then I guess for someone like yourself it is.

Id love to be a fly on the wall to watch that!

"so then, you little pommy ******, what the **** are you doing in my ******* bewdiful country?"

"er, thanks for taking the time sir les, to let me buy you a beer and let me spend time with an actual fair dinkum true blue 100% Australian. However, I'm here on holiday and, tbh, I think it's all a bit crap. It's too expensive, the locals are rednecks, the border security seems to be modeled on Guantanamo bay, the sniffer dogs confiscated my chocolate hob nobs, you can't swim in the sea cos it's full of box jellyfish and irikanje and there's no waves on account of the great barrier reef which incidentally, is not a patch on the coral reefs of the Maldives."

"#%%^^^**+!!!!"

harpo, mate, you really do need to get over yourself :wacko:

She is an Australian citizen and has been here nearly 50 years. She doesn't regard herself as being "English" but Australian........why is this such a strange concept to understand......but then I guess for someone like yourself it is.

harpo, mate, you really do need to get over yourself :wacko:

glad you corrected the spelling mate

Guest guest57588
well they've pretty much banned people coming in by boat, so what the heck, why not?

Controversial:cute:

Come to think of it though, the missus's rellies did have to spend a long time explaining themselves when they docked in Brizzy the other week, after their 114th cruise around the 'Strayan coast. I think the Australian Intelligence Services (no, don't laugh) were puzzled as to why a couple of wrinklies like them were so intent on raiding the gift shop in Freemantle Harbour for faux Aboriginal prints and VB tea-towels. It caused quite a stir down the Bowls Club I can tell you.

Guest guest57588
Thankfully none you will ever fly on.

I never saw you as a Ryanair regular Les. Those flights to Talinn are bloody good value aren't they?

Guest guest57588
Just when I thought we were getting somewhere.....:cry:

Could have been the beginning of something beautiful.... (sighs)

Guest Sir Les Patterson

Harpo,I see you've bought your doppleganger out for a run tonight...................I always wait with bated breath to see which one is going to appear.

Guest guest57588
Harpo,I see you've bought your doppleganger out for a run tonight...................I always wait with bated breath to see which one is going to appear.

:wink: We love you Les. Don't go changing.

Guest Sir Les Patterson

Laurel and Hardy spring to mind................although if you had one more personality I guess it would be Larry, Moe and Curly.

Guest guest57588
Oh him? Yeah, you'll never see the two of us together in the same room...

That's the beauty of a Restraining Order isn't it?

Guest AKA63029

On the subject of sun beds.

Living very close to the Essex border I pray to god they would be banned here. I'm fed up with crossing the 'border' to go to the cinema in Essex and having to dodge these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12321[/ATTACH]

Fortunately I am going blind so my 'prescription' sunnies do take some of the 'glare' off, from the girl's and FELLAS,:eek:

Cheers Tony

Archived