Wanted down under- Perth at long last.

shirleyt

Just watched Wanted Down Under on the iplayer. Is this the new series, it says series 6 and the weather looks a little cold so I'm guessing its the ones they filmed last August. Nikki Chapman still presenting from THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD but still a great show for people thinking about emigrating. Looking forward to seeing more of Perth in the future episodes. If the WDU people are still on the forum, any chance of filming in our winter/Oz summer, next time. I want to see Australia at its best, not reminding I might need a jumper occasionally.

It is the latest series and there should more four more Perth episodes

when is this series on..what time & TV station? we are moving there in 4 weeks time..would love to see what I'm letting myself in for!! thanks:biggrin:

Just watched Wanted Down Under on the iplayer. Is this the new series, it says series 6 and the weather looks a little cold so I'm guessing its the ones they filmed last August. Nikki Chapman still presenting from THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD but still a great show for people thinking about emigrating. Looking forward to seeing more of Perth in the future episodes. If the WDU people are still on the forum, any chance of filming in our winter/Oz summer, next time. I want to see Australia at its best, not reminding I might need a jumper occasionally.

At times you're going to need more than your jumper lol

I missed a lot of the program but managed to see the last 5mins. need to remember that its back on tomorrow! waited ages for it lol

I don't usually get chance to watch it during the day, so me and OH watch it together on the iplayer in the evening. It gives those cold dark January nights a little sunshine.

when is this series on..what time & TV station? we are moving there in 4 weeks time..would love to see what I'm letting myself in for!! thanks:biggrin:

BBC1, 9 or 9.15 am. You should be able to watch them all in the next four weeks.

One thing I did wonder about was how the lady could apply for her visa without having recent work experience as a hairdresser?

they had 2 years left of a visa and they had done a 3 week hol validation that is how she got the visa. she had just been out of the work side in the uk for a while

One thing I did wonder about was how the lady could apply for her visa without having recent work experience as a hairdresser?

Under the old rules before they were changed in September 2007 you could apply using a trade that you had worked in for a set amount of time at some time during your life prior to the application, without having to have worked in said trade during the previous three years which I think is required for current applications. This would fit in with the 2 years remaining on their visas, applied in 2007, granted in 2008 and expires in 2013.

Archived