Where to buy a used car?

cartertucker

We are looking for a used car....:wideeyed:

Please can anyone tell us the best places to look in WA? :unsure:

i can tell u where not to go kelly :wink:....the big one thats advertised on telly in vic park ....obviously cant name it .....but just to say they ripped my daughter of BIG time !!!

mrs keily

Guest guest17301

I would avoid the smaller dealerships who seem to put $$$ onto the price and the cars are bombs in a lot of cases. Private ads, if you know what youre looking for can get a good deal, look in paper on Sat and Quokka. Thats where we got our mazda bubble from, still going strong almost 3 yrs on!Only paid $1500, if youre looking to pay a bit more! Try the dealers on wanneroo road, the biggies, Toyota, Hyundia, Kia, have a look at great wall, a lot of the used cars come with warranties.

Not sure which is the better option in Perth but, either way, if you and yours don't have a lot of mechanical knowledge, join the WA motorists' organisation and get your chosen car checked by their mechanics. I expect you'll have to pay for the check but it could save you heaps in the long run. Dealerships probably have some sort of warranty - which private sellers won't have.

You should find some helpful advice here -

http://rac.com.au/Motoring/Motoring-advice/Buying-a-car.aspx

We went dealer even though we were buying a cheap car, apprently there is a law that if you buy through a dealer anything over $4000 has to have a warranty on it, I just felt nervous of buying privatly.

That was just what we thought....Until I googled it & it said you should buy private & get your own seperate warranty! :wacko:

Damn you Google! :twitcy:

That was just what we thought....Until I googled it & it said you should buy private & get your own seperate warranty! :wacko:

Damn you Google! :twitcy:

I don't know how it would be possible to get a "separate warranty" on a private sale.

Anyone can say anything on the internet...it means having to suss out who is likely to be the most reliable authority. :eek:

Archived