Help with Migration Agents

zara283

We are trying to find a half decent migration agent that will help with questions before we submit our application.

Every time I think we have found a half decent one that starts to answer questions we suddenly get an abrupt e-mail saying they will not answer any more questions till we submit our application.

I realise we might have to pay to get some answers. But does anyone know of any half decent one's that are helpful that are either based in the UK or Australia. I just need advice before we go through with our application so I know what kind of information they are going to want & I have ready, save wasting time.

The Visa we are looking for is 457, in agriculture.

I really hope someone can help us!!:arghh:

Hi, we appointed a migration agent earlier this year. We're are using Concept Australia. I found these guys really helpful. When I rang them initially about two years ago they asked alot of questions to see if we were eligible, as it turned out at that point we weren't as I was only working 15 hours in my nominated occupation. They gave lots of advice as to what I needed to do and they were more than willing to give advice when I needed it (I had rang other agents who just seemed to want to sign us up without asking any questions). Obviously we appointed them in the end and I have found them to be excellent.

Am I understanding correctly that you are going it alone? I think most agents would be reluctant to give out free advice if they know they are not going to be appointed, but I suppose if you rang and stated exactly what you needed from them then they may be willing to do it for a fee, you can only try I suppose.

An agent definetly takes the stress out of it, they know exactly what needs doing and are straight on it if anything is wrong or more information is needed, I have found them invaluable.

Jen

Make sure your advisor is also across the issue of salary packaging and the Living Away From Home Allowance - the LAFHA in particular is a valuable component of a well structured salary package.

Salary packaging to be agreed before the nomination and visa applications are submitted to DIAC.

For what it's worth, we assist with 457 visas ...

Best regards.

Guest Amanda1234

Hi Jen

If you were considering Concept Australia i would look at the Manchester Branch. We found the Kent branch a little disappointing when it came to customer service.

I used Concept Australia for an initial consultation (£100) when we first started down the road and were considering the skilled migration route. Advice and information recieved was very useful and i was able to call after initial consultation for further advice.

However i was lucky in being able to find myself an employer willing to sponsor me and ended up doing the application myself as Concept Australia said they don't usually deal with the RSMS route. It was pretty straight forward doing the application myself although i must admit im a stickler for reading up and researching information before starting the process.

Good luck

Hi

I used Sarah White at Go Matilda, and i can`t recommend her highly enough.

Spoken to her in the UK and in Australia, very friendly, helpful and efficient.

For me using a migrant agent took a lot of hassle out of the process, and was worthwhile for me

Archived