So...Who shipped very little?

cartertucker

lol your a mind reader i was just doing the exact same thing!! but im on the big W, similar prices, think it was 10dollars for a medium sized towel

Whats a hand towel come up as? :wideeyed:

Ok, ok.....I promise we will STOP this thread turning into 'towel gate' ....after we get the price of a hand towel in big W...:twitcy:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good work girls! :laugh:

I was almost refilling my suitcase. I really, really want to take my lovely comfy M&S dressing gown. I know that's daft but i'm thinking it will be cosy in the house in winter but it takes up too much room! sobs

My other half was a DJ and wants to ship his records over - can't talk him out of it!!! They've quoted him £800 for about 12 boxes so going to stick a few of my bits in with that photo's, trinkets etc.

If it is only a few boxes your after taking then try air cargo. I was quoted £9.50 per kilo with Singapore airlines which reduces once you go over 100kgs.

Becks x

Wow i thought it would be a lot more to ship even a few boxes over, i think if we were bringing stuff it would only be 3 or 4 boxes. We're going to get a portrait of the dogs and would really like to bring that with us, and just photos and maybe a few good books etc. We'll see!

LOL. It's saying on here from $3, I had a look at things like cutlery sets and duvet covers, the duvet covers do seem to be quite expensive but im sure theres places to get cheaper ones if needed

Looked at duvet sets now too.....:wideeyed:

Target ~ Queen size duvet set (of middle quality, not basic...a basic is $25=£16) $38.86....Which converted is approx £25

I say thats a great price for a duvet set :wink:

Might be! never thought of that, i saw a nice enough one for 40dollars. Im on the ikea website now having a nosey lol im sooo sad, i dont even have a visa!

I was the same as you many years ago (2008) when we first started the visa process.....:wideeyed:

Now 4 years later ive forgotton all the answers to the research I spent hours on :GEEK:& am having to do it all again!!!

Age does that to ya! :laugh:

He wasnt planning on taking them, as really unsure about the cleaning side of things :confused: I wonder if he should though?

[/size]

Kelly,

I remember reading on here many years ago that there is some sort of strong cleaning fluid that should be used on tools and things like bikes, and apparently when the container is checked at customs they smell the smell of this cleaning fluid and know that your tools should be clean! Does that make sense??? However, can I remember what the cleaning fluid was called? NO... can I find the thread I saw this on all those years ago when we started this process? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyone got any ideas what I am talking about and what its called???:goofy:

Tasha x

Guest perkipie

Good thread idea :yes:

We plan on taking hubby's giant snap on toolbox and tools. He is a plant mechanic and see's his tools and box as a 3rd child :rolleyes:

the kids toys/bits and bobs (2 girls 6 and 11)

personal effects, like photos, paperwork, cd's, dvd's and the like

we have a 3 bed house with reasonably good furniture in it, but nothing worth taking really as it will all be 5 yrs old by then. so we would plan to furnish the oz house from scratch.

I am liking the idea of taking bedding, towels and clothes for the girls in bigger sizes. Genious idea:wink:

PP

He wasnt planning on taking them, as really unsure about the cleaning side of things :confused: I wonder if he should though?

[/size]

Kelly,

I remember reading on here many years ago that there is some sort of strong cleaning fluid that should be used on tools and things like bikes, and apparently when the container is checked at customs they smell the smell of this cleaning fluid and know that your tools should be clean! Does that make sense??? However, can I remember what the cleaning fluid was called? NO... can I find the thread I saw this on all those years ago when we started this process? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyone got any ideas what I am talking about and what its called???:goofy:

Tasha x

Thanks Tasha....Is it 'Jeyes' fluid :wink: We have bought some for the bikes, but wasnt sure if that would get the tools clean enough? :unsure:

My OH had to supply his own tools with the company he works for! We didn't factor that cost in and it was $4k!!

Perth has an ikea and we found that a great help as we could just pick it off the shelf. Alot of the stores had a delivery waiting time.

We shipped 7 boxes,around 5 pictures,1 Xmas tree and OHs dear mountain bike. We shipped with seven seas for around £500.

Trainers are $$$. Undies for the kids you can pick up for around $10 for a multipack.

Btw. My girls wear trainers to school so stock up on primark trainer socks. I paid $10 for 5 in target. I know they are not too dear here but my dad likes to help out so he regularly sends primark socks to me.

Trainers are $$$. Undies for the kids you can pick up for around $10 for a multipack.

Btw. My girls wear trainers to school so stock up on primark trainer socks. I paid $10 for 5 in target. I know they are not too dear here but my dad likes to help out so he regularly sends primark socks to me.

So how much would say a pair of Nike be? :unsure:

Or, if easier, just let me know where you would usually buy them in Australia...Like here in Uk it would be JD :wink:

Guest Pixie10

Yep I would recommend sevenseas as well- we are shipping 2 mountain bikes and a large flat screen, a pc and other bits- so 3 large bike/telly boxes and 2 tea chests all for £320. Apart from that we are taking 4 large suitcases between us- Im taking my marks dressing gown lol its going to be vacuum packed just like almost all our other clothes/bedding etc.

Good luck everyone x

Yep I would recommend sevenseas as well- we are shipping 2 mountain bikes and a large flat screen, a pc and other bits- so 3 large bike/telly boxes and 2 tea chests all for £320. Apart from that we are taking 4 large suitcases between us- Im taking my marks dressing gown lol its going to be vacuum packed just like almost all our other clothes/bedding etc.

Good luck everyone x

wow thats so cheap. i forgot about our tv oops, if its that cheap to ship things then ill definitely be bringing a few boxes. cheers for the name!

Asked OH about Nike trainers. Nike air max trainers are about $200. I don't know about ladies as I don't wear trainers.

They have footlockers here.

Guest Pixie10

Oops Stacey sorry thats what we have left to pay, we paid £50 deposit to get the boxes- just packing them now (tea chests are huge!) then when they collect them we pay the balance. It is cheap though so probably worth it x

Thanks Kelly... I have just done a search and found a thread talking about Jeyes fluid! Mmm might have to get the parents to bring some out to us as I'm not sure if we can buy that here in France!

How clean do these tools have to be? Are we talking spotless??? My hubby's tools have lots of plaster all over them... is he going to have to make them look brand new again?

I wonder if the airlines will allow us to pack his hawk and trowel into one of our suitcases? Thats another thing to add to my list of things to find out!

With regards to trainers, could we not order things like that over the internet and get them sent to Oz? I suppose the delivery charges will be too high!

God my heads going to explode!!!:swoon:

Archived