British Airways/Qantas Flight- confused, please help!

Molly35

Hi hope someone will be able to answer my query as I am a bit confused! I have my flight booked to Melbourne, leaving Heathrow this Sat 12th at 22.30. My employer booked the ticket for me and the e ticket states that I am booked with British Airways flight 7318, but the operating carrier is Qantas? does this mean that the plane will be Qantas? and which airline should I use to do online check in with and to check my luggage allowance? Sorry if this has been asked before but I am feeling stressed and confused!

You might not be able to do an online check in if it is BA operated by Qantas - I know we have had some difficulty with that in the past (in reverse however, a Qantas flight operated by BA and in the early days of online check ins). But, yes, if you booked and have a BA flight number then check in with BA.

Ditto the above. BA and Qantas codeshare so often you'll book with one, but fly at least one leg of the journey with the other.

The second leg, from Asia to Aus would be with Qantas also I'd think aswell.

O just a thought. Check the luggage allowance is the same. I am not sure they honour the baggage allowance if BA allow a few kilos more. Worth just double checking before you fly.

BA7318 is BA's codeshare code for QF030 to Melbourne via Hong Kong. You'll be on the same Qantas plane all the way (though they do make you disembark in Hong Kong during refueling). BA may be a big airline but they don't have over seven thousand flights a day. Any flight code with such a large number is always a codeshare.

Hi everyone, thankyou for all your advice and feedback, greatly appreciated and I am now feeling less stressed! I checked both BA and Qantas for baggage allowance and it is 23kg for both airlines. I have i suitcase which I will weigh in a bit!, a rucksack and a netbook to take on board with me. I will try check in online with BA and if this doesnt work try Qantas if I have no luck with either I will just make sure I get to the airport early to check in. Thanks again : )

Hi everyone, thankyou for all your advice and feedback, greatly appreciated and I am now feeling less stressed! I checked both BA and Qantas for baggage allowance and it is 23kg for both airlines. I have i suitcase which I will weigh in a bit!, a rucksack and a netbook to take on board with me. I will try check in online with BA and if this doesnt work try Qantas if I have no luck with either I will just make sure I get to the airport early to check in. Thanks again : )

I've never minded checking in at the airport anyways. We always leave early to allow plenty of time to get to the airport so are usually there a good 2-3 hours before departure regardless. Nothing worse than being stuck on the M4 in a traffic jam to dampen the mood. They like you to check in at least 2 hours in advance for long haul so doesn't make much difference to us to get there 3 hours early. Usually go grab something decent to eat, read the paper and before you know it, the long hike down to the boarding gate comes around.

Archived