Daft Question?

Sherbetdip23

Hi Carla ... We have some great libraries here and they are generally well stocked and relaxed community type places. Books are very expensive here but we have a few shopping centres around our way and each one has a cheapie bookshop equivalent to the ones in the UK. A few of my local suburbs have book exchange shops - paperbacks (used) cost $8 roughly ... But if you return them, they give you half back towards your next book you buy there. If all else fails, I buy online through the book depository - they are fab ... V reasonable and free postage. As long as you shop around you'll find very reasonably priced books x

Guest Been there
Some people prefer to have a response from other members that they actually know on here. It only seems to be you and one other member that has a problem with it.

Laziness everywhere these days.

Mod moment again :wubclub:

Lets keep it from descending further into sniping and having a go. Play nice or go elsewhere with it (eg PM).

Thanks.

Hi Carla ... We have some great libraries here and they are generally well stocked and relaxed community type places. Books are very expensive here but we have a few shopping centres around our way and each one has a cheapie bookshop equivalent to the ones in the UK. A few of my local suburbs have book exchange shops - paperbacks (used) cost $8 roughly ... But if you return them, they give you half back towards your next book you buy there. If all else fails, I buy online through the book depository - they are fab ... V reasonable and free postage. As long as you shop around you'll find very reasonably priced books x

Great! Thanks Lisa. It's for the girls as they love going to the library - I usually buy loads in tescos or Sainsburys! I'm hoping hubby has taken onboard the hints and is going to get me a Kindle for my birthday or Christmas :biggrin:

Guest sh7t man no way

its not a daft question at all:wubclub:its a sensible one which shows a good research intent--yes they do have libarys in queensland,and some of them have Internet access (which will be of assistance until you get on line)--ps most shopping malls also have internet access 2--they cost a few dollars for 10 mins or so--ideal also 2 use till you get internet access--i hope this is of some help--as im sure this is what pio is all about:wubclub: i find the libarys in queensland well stocked,and the staff very friendly

its not a daft question at all:wubclub:its a sensible one which shows a good research intent--yes they do have libarys in queensland,and some of them have Internet access (which will be of assistance until you get on line)--ps most shopping malls also have internet access 2--they cost a few dollars for 10 mins or so--ideal also 2 use till you get internet access--i hope this is of some help--as im sure this is what pio is all about:wubclub: i find the libarys in queensland well stocked,and the staff very friendly

That's great - thanks for that. Really useful to know :biggrin:

Archived