Our Australian trip so far

Guest Andy

Guest Guest 47403
Well it kind of broke down as 4.5k for flights, 4k for camper and fuel, 2k for the coral island and the rest was spending as to be honest baz we did do loads of stuff and ate out quite a lot.

I suppose i would start working for someone else but to be honest mate that would not last as i am the sort of person who likes to be my own boss.

After reading it I tried breaking the cost down and yeah can see how it came to that figure, especially with the low £. Would have been a snip a few years ago crap isn't it lol

I don't know much about the Gold Coast but a mate moved to Adelaide 4 years ago he's a carpet fitter always worked for himself and started sub contracting for carpet shops and within a year was totally independent had to do some cut price jobs to get his name out there but has never advertised and is doing very well says he's at the same level as he was in the UK after running his own business for 10 years, still does 2 days for the carpet shops mainly insurance jobs then private jobs the rest of the time obviously some of the private jobs are cash in hand which helps. If you've had a well run business here no reason you can't out in Oz.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest 47403
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18726[/ATTACH]

This made me laugh when we were on the great ocean road.

Gets the message across though lol

P1050122.jpg

Feeding the birds, check out the pelican who has its dinner in its bill :cute:, a lizard on Granite Island and me with a new friend.

P1030564.jpg

P1040546.jpg

P1040665.jpg

P1030564.jpg

P1040546.jpg

P1040665.jpg

P1050122.jpg

Guest Ptp113
I reckon it cost me about 17k baz all in all but likt i say money well spent and if i could afford it i would do it all again every year :cool:, i think it would be the Gold Coast for us mate, lovely area with loads going on and of course cracking weather most of the time.

I'm missing something? Why haven't you moved 2 years later?

Guest The Pom Queen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18719[/ATTACH]

Surfing lesson on Bondi, a spot of fishing, sunset on Lady Elliot Island, and a view of the island when coming in to land

I'm glad you put fishing, I thought you were on a sneaky toilet break at first :shocked:

I have only just come across your post and i am amazed and glued to every post. Its sounded like a trip of a life time told amazing. the pictures asr wonderful and have me so excited, we are heading Brisbane Juneon a PR visa and cant wait. What do you do for a job? And have you decided when you are going to move. And thank you for a wonderful post and making me more excited than i already was.

I have only just come across your post and i am amazed and glued to every post. Its sounded like a trip of a life time told amazing. the pictures asr wonderful and have me so excited, we are heading Brisbane Juneon a PR visa and cant wait. What do you do for a job? And have you decided when you are going to move. And thank you for a wonderful post and making me more excited than i already was.

It's an absolute pleasure, i have been meaning to put the photos on for a year now but never got around to it. Hopefully we will move next year, to be honest if our visa application had not been held up for over 18 months due to my trade( bricklaying ) not being needed at that point then we would already be living there as we had sold our house in preparation, however we had given up with it all when the visa application stalled and bought another house here to develop, then out of the blue we got a c/o then done the medicals and had the visa's so then we went for our reccie so since then we have been developing our house and hopefully next year will rent it out and go.

I know how you feel sometimes we have felt like we would never get there it can be a struggle, but just shows if your meant to give it a go u will. I would love to see some more pictures. The picture of the whale is excellent would look wonderful blown up, an the the one of the palm trees on the beach fab pics.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived