Hillarys v Freemantle?

klm081

Finally narrowed it down to either one of these! Anyone have an opinion of one or the other? Can anyone tell me if these are good for families?

Also, can anyone give me any information on any of these schools?

Freemantle - Christian Brothers College or South Freemantle Senior High.

Hillarys - St Marks Anglican School or Padbury Senior high?

As always, thank you in advance!

Guest Carolyn1

Hi, I live in Duncraig with my husband and son (13), this is about a 5 min drive inland from Hillarys. Its a great place to live, close to shopping trains and beach. My son goes to Duncraig Senior High and he seems very happy and it considered to be a good school. Let me know if you need any more info. We have been in Australia for 2 years.

Guest Beth101

I'm pretty sure Padbury Senior High is just about to close and the students re-zoned to Duncraig Senior High and Belridge Senior High. Everything I've heard about St Marks Anglican has been good. The school and facilities look lovely, don't know anyone who attends but pass by a lot and the students all seem very polite and presentable (if that helps).

As an area Hillarys is lovely, have you had a look at Hillary's Boat Harbour? It has a really good beach for families and some cafes, resturants and bars - good place to spend the day.

Guest amerrysoul

hi there, hilarys boat harbour is nice , very family friendly, housing area nice but dear to buy.......i prefer fremantle, lots more there, cheaper to rent or buy a house, good transport system,some nice bars and restaurants, sorry but cant help you on the family bit...dont know about the schools etc....hope this helps you...good luck.

Finally narrowed it down to either one of these! Anyone have an opinion of one or the other? Can anyone tell me if these are good for families?

Totally different areas. Can't comment on FREMANTLE but my daughter goes to St Marks and I am exceptionally happy with it. As a previous poster says Padbury SHS closes at the end of this year. If you want a state High School in this area then Duncraig is considered good.

I have been to Perth loads over the years and rented for a year close by Fremantle, my kids are all very grown up now but if i were to choose between the two as a parent i would opt for Hilary's, i think it's better for the kids, the beaches are great, surrounding areas are nice, and the mariner is great with a little water park and safe beach, cafe's / restaurants caters for you also. Fremantle is great and i love the place but would prefer Hilary's with a young family. Has good shopping malls in surrounding area's too for your wife to choose from. wishing you all the best for your new life, it's gonna be great.:yes:

Archived