100 reasons TO move to Australia

JoandJon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can you take me please!? just sneak me in your shipping container lol jk. hes a excavator operator, theres loads of jobs over there for him but just no easy way in with the visa, its all working holiday people that go over and end up getting sponsored. its crap that i can go anytime but i wouldnt leave him.

perth seems to be where the work is for him and it also looks lovely so probably there but id go anywhere really. I've never visited australia, not sure if that makes me crazy for wanting to go so much but id be going without visiting if i was on a whv so its the same really

wow thats exciting, you dont have long to go!! best of luck with everything!

Ah that's a shame then - just retraining or hoping that your skill comes up on the list then! Friends of ours went without even visiting and are still there 5 years on :biggrin:

Good luck!

Ah that's a shame then - just retraining or hoping that your skill comes up on the list then! Friends of ours went without even visiting and are still there 5 years on :biggrin:

Good luck!

I got a email this morning from the recruitment contact thats trying to help us, hes just back from a minging conference in perth, says semiskilled workers are being put on a new sponsorship program so hes going to look into it more and let us know whats the score. Yeah i know lots of people go without visiting and love it, my cousin got offered a relocation by his company very suddenly, decided to take it, took his girlfriend that he'd been with for less than a year and now they've been there for 7 years, just bought a new house and have a 4year old, they've done really well!

I got a email this morning from the recruitment contact thats trying to help us, hes just back from a minging conference in perth, says semiskilled workers are being put on a new sponsorship program so hes going to look into it more and let us know whats the score. Yeah i know lots of people go without visiting and love it, my cousin got offered a relocation by his company very suddenly, decided to take it, took his girlfriend that he'd been with for less than a year and now they've been there for 7 years, just bought a new house and have a 4year old, they've done really well!

Ah that's good - fingers crossed for you then. That's good news about your cousin :biggrin:

I went on a 5 week holiday there 18 mths ago did all the tourist bits but spent a lot of time in melbourne with an old school mate, spoke to a lot of ex-pats who had been there ranging from 18 yrs to 12 mths. They all had negative and positive things to say about Oz, but when I asked if they would go back it was 100% NO !

That convinced me to at least give it a go.

Guest Guest 47403

What's a minging conference Stace? Is it where all the ugly people go :biglaugh::biglaugh:

96 - being able to dry the washing outside, on an actual washing line...no longer will my house resemble a chinese laundry

97 - Golden Gaytimes! And no I'm not being provocative, they are an amazingly delicious ice cream on a stick!

Archived