100 reasons TO move to Australia

JoandJon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there are millions of reasons too! :biggrin: But here's a few: wonderful sunshine most of the year, beautiful sandy beaches, koalas, clean sandy parks for the children, free barbeques on the beaches and parks, fabulous rain forests and loads more!!!:biggrin:

Some of it's already been counted, but I've got to give some more numbers for...

#47 - 48 and 49 at least!!

i have not lived here long enough to master the correct technique - always end up losing most of it in my tea.

It's all about being too greedy to stop the 'straw' stage early enough :)

I prefer it with coffee myself!

#52 possums for the Satchdog to bark at (once out of quarantine!) - time for her walk now :)

Wide roads, wing mirrors are safe here. Laws preventing people parking all over the place :laugh: in country villages.

Climate

I live here

Being able to go to a Beauty Spot and hardly anyone is there and if they are they are not visible.

Ninety mile beach

Forgot the main one for me Rye Bread

Take a number system instead of queuing.

Salad sandwiches

Barbecues and we can be certain of the weather at certain times of the year.

Close to NZ to be able to visit very easily for a holiday if missing green fields.

Cars last a lot longer and most people are not worried about what car they drive. As long as it goes.

From today's press glad that Aus is Aus and not a member of an EEC. EEC telling Britain today that if it will not give benefits to immigrants straight away they will take Britain to Court.

Aus is in charge of Aus and that is the way I like it, none of this pseudo state stuff where a pseudo government makes the laws for sovereign countries.

Guest Guest16631
The lottery, you get more lines and have more of a chance off winning :biggrin: (only cause i won $1,115) :jiggy:

:wideeyed:................congratulations...........................!!won 2 dollars yesterday....!!:frown:but better than a poke in the eye..............:jiggy:

Guest guest37336
:wideeyed:................congratulations...........................!!won 2 dollars yesterday....!!:frown:but better than a poke in the eye..............:jiggy:

Shouldn't that be 'Pokie' Tink,:embarrassed::wubclub:

Guest guest59177
23. Less reliant on university degree for employment - in my experience anyway Aussie employers recognise hardwork and experience in terms of promotion rather than the need for a degree equating to a rather lowly salary (with obvious exceptions) in the UK

That can change depending on occupation and what you call a 'high' salary. If you are vying for $200000/- per year a PhD in the right field will do wonders...

Archived