Cat 5's to Cat 3's Timeline

Chris N Lora

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We land on the 7th!!! Booked flights today! Oh the excitement! We can all cut each others hair! Lol :-)

Wow, you have 50 days!!! it will go so fast,

I have a barber I said it is going to be strange having to get someone else to cut my hair after so long of having a regular barber. I can see Hairdresser being taken off the list soon with the influx of newbies lolol

Are you taking stuff with you? we are selling everything and just gonig to go on a massive shopping spree and buy all new.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Have you decided which suburb would you like to live?

NEDLANDS , SUBIACO and CLAREMONT are nice places.

Hi Kev,

We have not thought about it yet, we are going to book a hotel for 2 or 3 weeks hire car and just have a look around go to letting agents etc, and see what area feels right for us.

We have not really looked beyond the flights which is stupid really as we have less then 50 days left and it is going to go so fast.

Typical bloke will leave it to last minute as I usally do until missus nags me (rightfully!)

I have a barber I said it is going to be strange having to get someone else to cut my hair after so long of having a regular barber. I can see Hairdresser being taken off the list soon with the influx of newbies lolol

Are you taking stuff with you? we are selling everything and just gonig to go on a massive shopping spree and buy all new.

Chris

Yeh most o my customers are having panic attacks at the thought of a new hairdresser!

Well I'm glad I got my visa before they take it back off the list! Lol.

We are taking everything with us, although a massive shopping spree does sound fab! :-)

Guest Scissor Sister

Chris

Hi Chris great to see everyone getting their visas. We have got our medicals on the 5th Dec so i hope they dont change the list till after then.

Can you provide me with some info regarding medicals,How many x rays are there?Do ypu provide a urine sample and if so why?Do they test your blood and what are they testing for.

Tried to phone med centre today but no one home.

Cheers

Hi Chris great to see everyone getting their visas. We have got our medicals on the 5th Dec so i hope they dont change the list till after then.

Can you provide me with some info regarding medicals,How many x rays are there?Do ypu provide a urine sample and if so why?Do they test your blood and what are they testing for.

Cheers

Hi Sister,

I do nto think they will change the list for a long time, it was in jest what with all the new influx of hairdressers lol

The medicals, I can only speak for us personally. we attended maidenhead for our medicals.

there was 4 of us 3 of us had X-rays, the little one never.

Then we went over to get the medicals done.

It started with the eye test weight and height. Then had to do a urine test again the little one didnt have to do it (she is only 3). Personally I think it is best to drink plenty of water the day prior to fluch out the system but others will disagree with my opinion.

We see the Doctor one by one but was all in the room at the same time. they asked Lora to get undressed to Knickers an Bra but she had a gown on. likewise for my eldest daughter.

Did the tests I.e hit knee for reflexs etc. general checks that was it, I was referred due to a medical reason.

After having the medicals we went back down stairs to get Blood tests done. Paid and left.

I think we did ours on a Thursday or was it the Friday ... but the tests were back by the next Tuesday.

We had trouble with our Medicals not being uploaded on E/Health, so it took 2 weeks to get it sorted properly which I found not to be acceptable but hey they was in the end.

The staff were really good

Then it was a case of wait and see from the CO and it was all met and finalised and got our Grant end of Oct.

I hope this is of help.

Guest Scissor Sister
Hi Sister,

I do nto think they will change the list for a long time, it was in jest what with all the new influx of hairdressers lol

The medicals, I can only speak for us personally. we attended maidenhead for our medicals.

there was 4 of us 3 of us had X-rays, the little one never.

Then we went over to get the medicals done.

It started with the eye test weight and height. Then had to do a urine test again the little one didnt have to do it (she is only 3). Personally I think it is best to drink plenty of water the day prior to fluch out the system but others will disagree with my opinion.

We see the Doctor one by one but was all in the room at the same time. they asked Lora to get undressed to Knickers an Bra but she had a gown on. likewise for my eldest daughter.

Did the tests I.e hit knee for reflexs etc. general checks that was it, I was referred due to a medical reason.

After having the medicals we went back down stairs to get Blood tests done. Paid and left.

I think we did ours on a Thursday or was it the Friday ... but the tests were back by the next Tuesday.

We had trouble with our Medicals not being uploaded on E/Health, so it took 2 weeks to get it sorted properly which I found not to be acceptable but hey they was in the end.

The staff were really good

Then it was a case of wait and see from the CO and it was all met and finalised and got our Grant end of Oct.

I hope this is of help.

Cheers for that Chris, but what are they checking blood and urine for?

Blood, was HIV test Hep B etc,

(have tattoo's) Urine was to make sure it was clear, no infections etc.

They did recommend that Lora did nto go near the time of her cycle due to blood in the urine.

I cant be of more help as I didnt really know just felt mugged of £200.00 for a 30 min check up hehehe

change me to orange please we got our CO last week on 15th nov. does anybody know if my 10month old daughter needs the medical as i cant print off the form for her but on the check list it says health under her name. bring on the stress of the next few weeks!!!

Cheers

To my knowledge, urine test only for protein and glucose, that means to check kidney function and diabetes

Blood test for HIV only.

change me to orange please we got our CO last week on 15th nov. does anybody know if my 10month old daughter needs the medical as i cant print off the form for her but on the check list it says health under her name. bring on the stress of the next few weeks!!!

yes, you need to print one cope of form for her.

how can i check my cat weather it is 1,2 or 5?

I am very confused by this comment on how to check??

Are you being sponsored by an employer?

Have you been sponsored by a state?

Cat 2 are not being processed yet only 1,3 & 4 Cat 5 there supposed to be starting them later in the financial year but who knows.

What visa have you applied for that will help.

Guest sun lovers
We land in perth on Jan 5th. We cant wait got a countdown on my PC to the day we go!!!

That won't be long bet you can't wait, we r aiming for sept now, my friend moved in Nov spoke to her today she was telling how hot it is, i was well jel !! you r doing the right thing having time to look at what suburb suites you. If this is any help to you Woodvale Kingsley Dungraige are good suberbs, hope all gose well bet you are busy sorting everything out as not long now :biggrin:

That won't be long bet you can't wait, we r aiming for sept now, my friend moved in Nov spoke to her today she was telling how hot it is, i was well jel !! you r doing the right thing having time to look at what suburb suites you. If this is any help to you Woodvale Kingsley Dungraige are good suberbs, hope all gose well bet you are busy sorting everything out as not long now :biggrin:

Hi Sun,

Junaloop is apparently nice we may even head out a bit further.

It is virtually all done all the stuff we are taking is packed, flights all booked removal company is paid .. we are only taking our Tv's as they are new we will get Aus free view over there as they will only be like monitors .... Woodvale heard good things about it armadale was a nice name but something niggling about that area dont know why. I hope you are out by Sept, I know the weather is lovely over there at the moment we should get Jan Feb & March hopefully. then winter:no: .

Fingers crossed you are out asap, as long as you do what is right the time will fly by for you now. 10 months is not long to plan!!!

Chris

Name:Rajinder Singh

Date of Visa application:March 1, 2009

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: Secondary School Teacher

Visa type: VF sub class 475 Skilled Regional Sponsored

Date SS granted:Jan 16,2009

Sponsoring State:Adelaide

Date Skill back on SMP:

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Medicals submitted: in june 2009

Police check submitted: In june 2009

Date CO assigned: May 2009

Date visa granted: still waiting

Thank you Taniaholmes for the idea :biggrin:

Here is our timeline

Red without a CO orange with a CO Green for Visa Grant

hey scissor sister, just noticed we have our medicals on monday too, good luck with yours. we have to get us and 2 young kids to edinburgh for 9:30 in morning dont have a clue how we will manage it.:emoticon_doctor_sna

How's it going people? Just got my PCC done and a quick email to HOC revealed that my meds have been assessed and finalized. Hope I get a visa grant soon.. Fingers crossed :)

Hey people - I woke up this morning to receive that magical email in my inbox ! I have until Oct 2012 to validate.. I'm just so speechless at the moment :) Many thanks to everyone on this forum, and I'd like to wish each and everyone all the very best!!

Cheers!

Archived