Cat 5's to Cat 3's Timeline

Chris N Lora

Guest sun lovers
Hi Chris,

Yea, that's great.

Also, just got ss granted today!

It hasn't sunk in yet that we're now cat 3!

:laugh:

Thats great news and so quick :biggrin:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garynhelen

Thankyou!

Yea, just two weeks to get WA SS. It's still sinking in!

Now, wondering what the time frame is for getting a CO and therefore needing to get meds, etc done?

Guest sun lovers
Thankyou!

Now, wondering what the time frame is for getting a CO and therefore needing to get meds, etc done?

Don't recon it will be long, i notice you have kids nearly the same age as mine, r they happy about it? mine are saying they don't won't to go, it was nearly three years ago we applied so they have mind of there own now, i'm convincing them to try it for two years then we will see. i'm just hopeing when we get there they won't want to come back.

Thankyou!

I reckon you should get one in the next 2 weeks at the most. WA are reaaly quick at sending 1100 to DIAC.

I know that we are not an old applicant but we got CO yesterday and only lodged on the 13th.

Guest garynhelen
Don't recon it will be long, i notice you have kids nearly the same age as mine, r they happy about it? mine are saying they don't won't to go, it was nearly three years ago we applied so they have mind of there own now, i'm convincing them to try it for two years then we will see. i'm just hopeing when we get there they won't want to come back.

Hi Sun lovers,

That's the trouble with having older kids and the lengthy processing times.

Fortunately, my three are as keen as ever, if not more so! Just hope it stays that way until/after we're there!

We've told them they'd be daft not to come with us and get their citizenship, then they can please themselves. At least that way, they have the choice of where they want to live.

Guest sun lovers
Hi Sun lovers,

That's the trouble with having older kids and the lengthy processing times.

Fortunately, my three are as keen as ever, if not more so! Just hope it stays that way until/after we're there!

We've told them they'd be daft not to come with us and get their citizenship, then they can please themselves. At least that way, they have the choice of where they want to live.

That's what i am saying to mine get their ciizenship and at least in life they will have a choice, i think i'm winning, they just make me feel guilty but i know i'm doing it for the right resons. they are lucky they have family and we have been so many times they have made friends already.

I have decided to do a traffic light system to make it easier to see how our applications are progressing. would be great if we can all get more Cat 5 who are now Cat 3 to post their timelines on this thread to help us all see the progress.

Red without a CO orange with a CO Green for Visa Grant

Guest sun lovers

What a lovely day just came back from our local celebrating the fact that i have now turned orange, but still get straight back on Pomzinoz just to get the up date with any news, think i'm adicted lol x

Guest sun lovers
I have decided to do a traffic light system to make it easier to see how our applications are progressing. would be great if we can all get more Cat 5 who are now Cat 3 to post their timelines on this thread to help us all see the progress.

Red without a CO orange with a CO Green for Visa Grant

Great idea well done for doing this thread :cool:

Guest Scissor Sister

Name:Scissor Sister

Date of Visa application: 26-June-2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk:Low

Trade/profession: Hairdresser

Visa type: 175/176

Date SS granted:Sep 09

Sponsoring State:WA

Date Skill back on SMP:1-09-11

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Waiting

Date visa granted:

Guest Scissor Sister
Thanks Sister,

You have noe been added.

Hope to turn you orange soon.

good luck

Chris

Thanks guys

The future's bright the future is orange.

Guest majorie c
Bump!

Plus, I'm sure there must be more people moving from cat 5 to cat 3 due to WA's updated smp.

My agent got 6 other clients moving from Cat 5 to 3......

Guest sun lovers
Thanks Sun Lover,

Fingers crossed it will pick up momentum now ... have you thought in 2/3 weeks our D Day will be upon us ... how you getting on with your police checks now?

It will be great to actually have the visa in the hand then it's real, and the planning can start.

We would not be able to actually go until late next year anyway son doin GCSE's and got loads to sort out. when i think about it my head spins.

Police checks sent off friday, but our son's passport runs out in Nov, got med booked for this Thurs, don't know if he will have to wait for new passport to arrive B4 he has his meds, because they ask for passport number, going to email co later and see what he say's. Have they ask for more info regarding employment from you they have from us so getting all the paper work together. not a problem just wondered do they ask eveyone. :cool:

It will be great to actually have the visa in the hand then it's real, and the planning can start.

We would not be able to actually go until late next year anyway son doin GCSE's and got loads to sort out. when i think about it my head spins.

Police checks sent off friday, but our son's passport runs out in Nov, got med booked for this Thurs, don't know if he will have to wait for new passport to arrive B4 he has his meds, because they ask for passport number, going to email co later and see what he say's. Have they ask for more info regarding employment from you they have from us so getting all the paper work together. not a problem just wondered do they ask eveyone. :cool:

Hi Sun,

We have not been asked for any more information as of yet.

Our eldest daughter finished school this year so her GCSE's are finished our 2nd doesnt start for another year or 2 (school that is!)

We sent off our police checks on Thursday. and as you know we have our meds day after you.

Re the passport when I renewed my eldest passport it was same passport number.

Guest sun lovers
Hi Sun,

We have not been asked for any more information as of yet.

Our eldest daughter finished school this year so her GCSE's are finished our 2nd doesnt start for another year or 2 (school that is!)

We sent off our police checks on Thursday. and as you know we have our meds day after you.

Re the passport when I renewed my eldest passport it was same passport number.

We had to send tax returns evidence that we were still in the trade, we have our own business may be thats why, all done now. going to get our sons passport tomorrow we rang them and they said the number would be different, so going to get it as got our meds thurs. and they need the number :biggrin:

We had to send tax returns evidence that we were still in the trade, we have our own business may be thats why, all done now. going to get our sons passport tomorrow we rang them and they said the number would be different, so going to get it as got our meds thurs. and they need the number :biggrin:

That is brill, we have our meds Friday, our police checks are being done as I sent an out of date bill as proof!!.

My eldest I have just checked doesnt have same number thought she did but she didnt.

but then you have to do what has to be done this Visa app has too so long like you that we need a yes!!

Good luck for Thursday ours is AM fri.

Chris

Hey guys - Looks like I just go a CO! Was checking the progress of my application, and what do I see - Most documents have been met and I've been asked to provide work references,Medicals,PCC,Form 80. It also says that an email has been sent, but since my agent is out of town, I'm going to have to wait for a couple days..

But yeah looks like DIAC are processing apps real quick- CO exactly a week after WA SS was approved :)

Hey guys - Looks like I just go a CO! Was checking the progress of my application, and what do I see - Most documents have been met and I've been asked to provide work references,Medicals,PCC,Form 80. It also says that an email has been sent, but since my agent is out of town, I'm going to have to wait for a couple days..

But yeah looks like DIAC are processing apps real quick- CO exactly a week after WA SS was approved :)

That is class I will turn you orange on the front. WTG!!

Archived