POI Canberra meet - Weston Park 30/10/11

nik_kershaw

Hi everyone,

Well Sunday appeared to go well, so I have been asked by a number of people to do another one at the end of October.

I may or may not be there as our 2nd son is due to come into the world on that day. However even if I don't make it I still want you all to have a good time.

The venue is Weston Park, at 12 noon. I tried to give you a link to Google maps but it didn't work. Anyway, the BBQ area I am thinking of is opposite the mini railway, there is running water and loos there as well. There is also a playground for the kids plus sandpits.

I think this time if you can wear a sports top from the UK then it will make it easier to be recognised as poms for any of the newbies.

Let me know what you all think

Nik

Guest SoloRenegade

Sounds good thanks for organising. I like the idea of the sports tops, as it was hard to spot which group we needed to walk over too and introduce ourselves :-)

Guest dijaseed
Hi everyone,

Well Sunday appeared to go well, so I have been asked by a number of people to do another one at the end of October.

I may or may not be there as our 2nd son is due to come into the world on that day. However even if I don't make it I still want you all to have a good time.

The venue is Weston Park, at 12 noon. I tried to give you a link to Google maps but it didn't work. Anyway, the BBQ area I am thinking of is opposite the mini railway, there is running water and loos there as well. There is also a playground for the kids plus sandpits.

I think this time if you can wear a sports top from the UK then it will make it easier to be recognised as poms for any of the newbies.

Let me know what you all think

Nik

Hi Nik,

Thanks for organising another get together really enjoyed Sunday so will definitely be at the next one. Good luck with the baby !!:jiggy:

Guest destinationoz

Thanks Nik - you're a star! And GOOD LUCK with the birth of your second one ....

Hopefully we'll make it too but don't have any UK sports tops!!!

Guest buttercupv

I am going to try and make it, will be nice to meet people other than the folk I am working with, I was actually at that picnic spot on Monday with work, it is lovely and not too far from where the Kangaroos chill out in the sun :)

I've only been here a week, so hopefully I'll get some hints and tips from people who have been here longer

Vics

Hi Nik and everyone else that knows us and the poor ones that have yet to suffer :jiggy:It was fab at Tidbinbilla and met some great people. Looking forward to Weston meet up, thanks!

Jay and Jen - more Mancs !! Whoo hoo, you have been in touch with our pals n30rain ( D & J) and hope to get to meet you soon. Bye for now. Toops.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we will be there plus the outlaws and perhaps Woof's but I need to check the rules for the area I think they are ok as I am sure there is an actual dog park in Weston.

Want to bring them as they only arrive on Fri afternoon and want to spend as much time as poss before going back to work on Mon with them.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-35.171644,149.106292

Well no kid yet, so we are looking to be coming today. I think I might get there early to get the Breakfast on. At least the weather has improved. Should anyone need a lift then PM me with your number and as long as your not in Hall, we have 2 spare seats in the car.

Best get to woolworths and stock up then