Lodged 176 a year ago, just received 'Invalid application' response

tostar

Guest jay6213

Got a somewhat positive response from my CO. They gave me three options to choose from.

1) Pay the new fee difference and be judged under post july 1 points system. This would have to validated by the department and application will proceed as per its course.

2) The application would be refused not meeting sponsorship at time of lodgement of your application

3) Withdraw your application, the fee would be refunded and then if you lodge again, you would need to complete new forms, and go back in line and would not be processed right now.

I will choose option 1 and see whats happens.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jay6213: Good to hear your CO gave you options, it's better that you looked into this in advance to help speed up your application.

vincenz: It seems like some case officers may have overlooked this in the past, I would use your best judgement on what the next step should be.

Got a somewhat positive response from my CO. They gave me three options to choose from.

1) Pay the new fee difference and be judged under post july 1 points system. This would have to validated by the department and application will proceed as per its course.

2) The application would be refused not meeting sponsorship at time of lodgement of your application

3) Withdraw your application, the fee would be refunded and then if you lodge again, you would need to complete new forms, and go back in line and would not be processed right now.

I will choose option 1 and see whats happens.

That's sucks. I don't mind paying the new fee differences but to be judged under post july 1st point system? that's a no go for me. My application was made in 2009, there are mass changes ever since , don't think i could met all the criterias. Besides, after more than 2 years of waits, the other 2 options weren't in mind at all. I guess worst case would be Option 3.

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived