Lodged 176 a year ago, just received 'Invalid application' response

tostar

Can anyone provide any insight, I lodged a 176 sponsored by a family relative application a year ago to receive "Notification of invalid application" email. This is the relevant part of the response from DIAC:

This application was made as an Internet application on 5 September 2010.

Form 1277 was provided on 13 September 2010 however the sponsorship was entered into on Form 1277 after the day in which the application was made.

As the applicant has not met the sub item requirement by providing Form 1277 at time the application was made, this application is invalid under Item 1135(3)(ca)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest59177
Can anyone provide any insight, I lodged a 176 sponsored by a family relative application a year ago to receive "Notification of invalid application" email. This is the relevant part of the response from DIAC:

Form 1277 was provided on 13 September 2010 however the sponsorship was entered into on Form 1277 after the day in which the application was made.

As the applicant has not met the sub item requirement by providing Form 1277 at time the application was made, this application is invalid under Item 1135(3)(ca)

Dude, you ned the services of a very good immigration consultant (preferably one who can lodge a law suite on your behalf in an Australian court) and you need it quick...

Guest Rakeshpatel

Hi Jasonr,

Have you filled sponsor form 1277 online ? as in this site they said you must fill online

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration.htm

Note: If you lodge your visa application online your sponsor must also complete an online form. You must lodge your visa application before your sponsor can complete and submit an online sponsorship application.

if possible please share you letter without IMP information of yours.

your must hire a lawyer , after waiting this much time.

Thanks

RakeshPatel

Dude, you ned the services of a very good immigration consultant (preferably one who can lodge a law suite on your behalf in an Australian court) and you need it quick...

There is unlikely to be a case, I'm afraid ... the legislation requires form 1277 to be signed at the time the visa application is lodged.

If a lawyer can resolve the position - fantastic.

However, my expectation is that a new visa application is required - with the new points test pertaining.

Herein lies a reason why some are best advised to pay for professional advice.

Best regards.

Guest garynhelen

Now this has got me worried!

I filled an online 176 family visa in june 2009,but my family filled in their online form only fairly recently!

Also, now waiting for WA state sponsorship response so my not need family sponsorship anyway!

Am I in a mess?

Hi I was scared by the post!!! Can someone clarify. I filed 176 online. Is my family/sponsor supposed to fill out 1277 scan and and send it to DIAC. As on the online application nothing is mentioned about form 1277. I had figured that most of the question answered on form 1277 were answered on the online application but it does not appear so. Can someone help with the what to do with Form 1277????

Guest Rakeshpatel
Hi I was scared by the post!!! Can someone clarify. I filed 176 online. Is my family/sponsor supposed to fill out 1277 scan and and send it to DIAC. As on the online application nothing is mentioned about form 1277. I had figured that most of the question answered on form 1277 were answered on the online application but it does not appear so. Can someone help with the what to do with Form 1277????

Hi Jay6213,

I suggest send scan filled 1277 signed by your sponsor.

As I filled both online and scanned one also.

I applied family sponsor 176 ,

First I tried to fill online 1277 form , but some error was occurring as

It's not accepting my citizen brother passport no & Citizenship no.

I leaved it and fill 1277 paper form and my brother signed it , scanned it and uploaded online.

That was ok but again i got worried as they mentioned that online app must have online sponsorship form with TRN no, so i tried again and this time i got success as i just filled citizenship no.

didn't entered my bro passport no.

Thanks

RakeshPatel

Hey Rakesh Thanks for your input. But can you tell me where can I ask my sponsor/family to go online to fill 1277. Is there a weblink that I cannot find??I don't think they have sent any information to either my sponsor or me about this matter. I agree with you with you for online application I would prefer to fill online forms. You help much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Rakeshpatel
Hey Rakesh Thanks for your input. But can you tell me where can I ask my sponsor/family to go online to fill 1277. Is there a weblink that I cannot find??I don't think they have sent any information to either my sponsor or me about this matter. I agree with you with you for online application I would prefer to fill online forms. You help much appreciated.

Thanks

Here are the links

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration.htm'>http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration.htm

(Click on - Sponsoring a General Skilled Migration visa Applicant)

FYI: ->

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu?form=GSMS

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/

Thanks

RakeshPatel

• 2 weeks later...

A decision that an application is invalid is not reviewable decision, except on a point of law in a federal court. A worhwhile opinion about this would cost you about the same as lodging another visa application and instituting proceedings in the administrative law lottery would cost you much more.

Guest Rakeshpatel

Hi Vincenz,

Are you in Priority 5 ?

other wise you should have got CO and Visa.

check following links.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AmMHTHNzXsXNdG1leVliMHFTWDkxcUlxY204N0ZXTEE&output=html

Thanks

RakeshPatel

Does that means my application will be invalid too?

I applied 176 on Aug 2009 and just recently came across this post, then only i asked my sis to file in the sponsorship application weeks ago. What would it be? Invalid ? Gosh...

Guest Rakeshpatel

Hi ,

What's is your ANZSCO Code ?

are you sure your occupation is not in Schedule 1 & 2 ?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

if in priority 5 then you have to wait long , till all application finished from priority 1 to 4.

Thanks

RakeshPatel

Hi Rakesh,

Yes, im from Priority 5. Yet to get any email or CO from DIAC.

I lodged on year 2009 with old ANZSCO code, system manager. Family sponsor 176.

Hi ,

What's is your ANZSCO Code ?

are you sure your occupation is not in Schedule 1 & 2 ?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

if in priority 5 then you have to wait long , till all application finished from priority 1 to 4.

Thanks

RakeshPatel

I'm on ASCO code 2231-11 System Manager. It's equivalent to ANZSCO Code 262113 System Administrator. But that's only for State or Territory Govern SOL Schedule 2. All applications with ASCO code will automatically fall under Priority 5, isnt it? I

I'm not sure whether family sponsor can use the ANZSCO Code 262113, so I did not do the reassessment. Anyhow, i think my application will go down to the sea... :arghh:

Sorry for my slow response with this post, it has been a nightmare but everything finally was sorted out! What ended up happening is a date on the sponsoring form was after the date of application, making them think I was sponsored after I did the application. I confirmed this was not the case, and they re-instated the application. Let me tell you, they are carefully reviewing every piece of information, even I thought I checked everything.

Looks like im gonna face the same destiny you had tostar. Just didnt notice about the sponsoring form at all. Applied very late 2 years later, probably even worst than yours.

You might not be dead, if you play your cards correctly.

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies?

That happened to be you, isnt it? You gonna need to charge for consultation fees or you will just post the possible strategies here?

It is poor practice to advise about strategy, without having all the facts of the case and undertaking an initial assessment.

We do not charge for preliminary assessments , or in cases where we have undertaken a preliminary assessment and cannot suggest a viable strategy.

We charge when we have to seek information more than once.

My interest in you case does not extend further than letting you know it is probably worth your while to seek professional advice.

Please feel free to consult anyone you wish.

Sorry for my slow response with this post, it has been a nightmare but everything finally was sorted out! What ended up happening is a date on the sponsoring form was after the date of application, making them think I was sponsored after I did the application. I confirmed this was not the case, and they re-instated the application. Let me tell you, they are carefully reviewing every piece of information, even I thought I checked everything.

But according to the DIAC website you have to lodge a visa app first then your sponsor can upload one with the correct visa app number i.e you submit your visa app on the 10/10/11, then say a day or two later your (in my case sister) sponsor fills in the sponsor app, date 12/10/11, so it will always be after the date you first submitted.

Does this make sense????:wideeyed:

But according to the DIAC website you have to lodge a visa app first then your sponsor can upload one with the correct visa app number i.e you submit your visa app on the 10/10/11, then say a day or two later your (in my case sister) sponsor fills in the sponsor app, date 12/10/11, so it will always be after the date you first submitted.

Does this make sense????:wideeyed:

Do not rely on information posted on the DIAC website.