Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol thats quite funny. id love to go on a really fancy plane lol we went with thomas cook to america last year, wasnt brill but was okay. id like to use virgin atlantic or someone like that. when i go to europe we just use ryanair or easyjet

We managed to fly with emirates last time and was a lot cheaper because we booked at lot in advance unlike this time lol. They were outstanding, the service and food were fantastic. I always get laughed at because I love waiting for my little inflight meal, I think of it as part of my holiday is that sad? :err:

Mrs murky

No its not sad at all lol my boyfriend is exactly the same, he acts like its the best food ever lol i dont really like them so i was swapping my cheese etc for his cake and his bread! im sure its much better on a decent flight, ive been served some questionable meals before but what do i expect on a cheap flight lol. hows the films etc on the long haul flights, are they much better? on the plane going to florida they werent very good tbh, i thought you could choose what you wanted to watch but you had to watch what was on and once it was finished you had to change the channel over to something else even tho that program was half finished, hope that makes sense!

It must all seem like a dream now, having flown half-way around the planet and back again in such a short space of time. Definitely not something for the faint-hearted! Wow! You must be jet-lagged big-time by now and will probably sleep for a couple of days before you get your body-clock back to UK time. Still, I'm sure it was worth it.

Shame about Korean Airways, but still, it was all part of the experience and you'll probably never forget it. Star-jumps will take on a new meaning for you now, I expect! Oh but, cold rice and curry for breakfast?? Urgh! Can't think of anything less palatable...

Korean airways more than made up for all star-jumps though, on the way back because of the way the flight times were scheduled, we got a stop over in Seoul with a fantastic 5 star hotel, an evening buffet which was a complete banquet, breakfast buffet and vouchers for food at the airport. So we forgive them. The teens couldn't stop laughing at the talking toilet that warmed the seat and blow dried your bits, very space age we couldn't get them out of the bathroom,they kept taking photos to show their mates.

Mrs murky

LOL!! Can't stop smiling now! Oh, mrs murky, I'm so glad you're feeling so happy about things.

You can tell by all the posts on here during your absence how many people were thinking about you and cheering you on!

You must be feeling great now you've been and gone and actually done it!!

Well done you - and all the other murkys!!! x

No its not sad at all lol my boyfriend is exactly the same, he acts like its the best food ever lol i dont really like them so i was swapping my cheese etc for his cake and his bread! im sure its much better on a decent flight, ive been served some questionable meals before but what do i expect on a cheap flight lol. hows the films etc on the long haul flights, are they much better? on the plane going to florida they werent very good tbh, i thought you could choose what you wanted to watch but you had to watch what was on and once it was finished you had to change the channel over to something else even tho that program was half finished, hope that makes sense!

We got the latest pirates of the caribbean, new x-men, water for elephants, super 8, Paul and sucker punch and then a few more, so all quite new and worth watching, but every time you tried to pause a film to go somewhere it would take it back to the start which was frustrating! and they kept making long announcements which would freeze the film. The CD albums had a good choice as well. The website said that there was plug sockets on the rows to charge iPods etc but we found out it was on the newer planes.

yeah we had the announcements too, at least you could restart your film lol the radio was terrible too, really weird music! i really dont know how ill cope with the flight if i go to oz, the longest ive ever went was 9hours

They break it up by keep waking you up to be fed and watered believe me lol so your hubby should be well pleased at all the little trays and boxes. We even got a very spicy pot noodle that they came around with the boiling water to fill and a slice of pizza in a microwave box which was really weird!

No that was included apparently because the flights timings were an inconvenience to us- as being stuck at the connecting airport for more than just a few hours at a late hour the airline has to provide accommodation, it was great we were all greeted and taken by coach to the hotel.

wow they sound really good, i'll keep them in mind if i ever book up

I think most airlines have to do that depending on the lateness of arrival at the connection and hours spent there. I suppose it would look bad if all passengers were having to camp out for the night on the airport floor lol

I've not been back on this thread, but sooo glad you made it and had a good time!!! Yes it peed it down over the weekend, but don't worry coz it has been raining all week anyway!! You made me laugh about the star jumps LOL

Just look at this little trip as an early Christmas present to your family.

Now, with a bit more calm, you can all start to plan for the D-Day whenever it may be.

I am really glad you did this :hug:

Hi All

Thanks for all your kind wishes. We arrived back from Sydney last night. We used Korean airways which we had never heard of but were actually very good apart from the food on the way there being cold, eating cold rice and curry at 6am was not our ideal breakfast in fact I don't want to see any rice for a good while, don't know if they had problem with food warmers? And the Koreans felt the need to constantly walk up and down the isles and start doing squats and star jumps at the side of us, it's not good waking up to someone's bottom in your face it was funny at first. It might sound as though nothing went right but it was really great and nothing could put us off. The kids hadn't been to oz before but really loved nsw and didn't want to come back even though it peed it down day and night the whole time we were there. We where told it was 32degrees the day before we arrived and then brightened up as we got on the plane to come home, just couldn't believe it, it's a good job it wasn't a holiday and the Aussies thought we were crazy going for 2 days. It just felt like home as soon

as we got off the plane and everything still seemed familiar even though it was

4years since we last visited and we can't wait to join our friends out there as

soon as possible. So now we haved calmed down a bit started back at work

today and are now ready for the big save up. Bring it on! :biggrin:

Mrs Murky

i am so happy for you, quick question did they ask you anything? As I will be arriving in Syd 2 days before my visa expiry.

Hi

They just asked the reason for the trip so we just told them we were there just for a quick visit to validate visas. They were fine with that after they stopped laughing at us for only going for two nights. I thought they would query that but they didn't question it at all.

at least they were friendly lol. in florida the customs man was really scary, asked quite a few questions, asked where i worked and i said a vets, he looked at me like i was a terrorist and started asking if i worked with farm animals. i assume its to do with diseases, i thought omg hes not going to let me in. lol i was over worrying as usual

at least they were friendly lol. in florida the customs man was really scary, asked quite a few questions, asked where i worked and i said a vets, he looked at me like i was a terrorist and started asking if i worked with farm animals. i assume its to do with diseases, i thought omg hes not going to let me in. lol i was over worrying as usual

We had a similar problem when we went to Florida a few years ago the kids were young and they took them to one side separately and asked them a heap of questions like if we were their mum and dad, what were our date of births and what jobs we did, I don't remember my parents year of birth now never mind when I was five! We couldn't believe it when we asked them what they were saying to them.

We had a similar problem when we went to Florida a few years ago the kids were young and they took them to one side separately and asked them a heap of questions like if we were their mum and dad, what were our date of births and what jobs we did, I don't remember my parents year of birth now never mind when I was five! We couldn't believe it when we asked them what they were saying to them.

same thing happened to my mum and dad when they took me abroad when i was little, i got my date of birth wrong lol, think customs thought theyd knicked me! they're very strict over in america arent they, people kept going on about how you dont get in if you have a criminal record and i found out dave had been to court when he was younger for smashing a window or something like that, i was so worried they wouldnt let him in because of it lol so stupid when i think about it, they're only interested in big things like assault and drugs

I've not been back on this thread, but sooo glad you made it and had a good time!!! Yes it peed it down over the weekend, but don't worry coz it has been raining all week anyway!! You made me laugh about the star jumps LOL

Just look at this little trip as an early Christmas present to your family.

Now, with a bit more calm, you can all start to plan for the D-Day whenever it may be.

I am really glad you did this :hug:

Thank you so much

Yes we couldn't believe the amount of rain or how cold it was, we ended up in Erina and terrigal and the teens still had to run about on bondi beach, they were soaked and turned blue but didn't care the swimming distance between flags was about five inches I think lol. So will remember to still pack some winter woolies for the move.

I keep imagining the star jumps - you gotta sell that sequence to Hollywood it just has to be in one of those movies about terrible plane journeys :biglaugh: that will be a good way to pay off the loan and get enough for the big move.

Funny thing was my 14 year old girl thought she would have a laugh and jumped up and started to really over exaggerate the squats and jumpes and even threw in some stretches and A guy who looked like mr bean ,on the other side of the plane spotted her and came running round to join her copying her every move all the Brits were in stitches coz they knew it was supposed to be a joke. We said she should make a career out of it, inflight aerobics. :biggrin:

Guest guest30085

Congratulations to you Mrs Murky and family, pressures off (for now at least)

Good luck with your future plans and let us know how you get on with the big move x

Guest Guest16631

...................brilliant news............!........................best of luck for the future...................to you and yours....................tink x