Cost of dental care for children

Guest Igoriusus

Guest Igoriusus

Somebody please tell me, what is the cost(approximately) of dental care for children of 5 years old?

Just need to want to know the price range.

Guest Hatton
according to what i've learned on here nope, its a pay as you use service & the costs seem to be pretty similar to what private is here.. orthodontics $ thousands.

I am sure my husbands sisters kids did not have to pay in Brisbane, maybe it is what state you are in.?

I thought it was free for kids under 16 the same as the UK.

Nope, it all depends on the state. ACT you pay for kids the same as adults so it could be up to a couple of hundred for a check up and clean.

Orthodontics definitely user pays, even in Qld I think. Prices start at around $5 - 6k

School Dental Clinics

The School Dental Service will continue to provide a free service to children enrolled in Pre-Primary to Year 11 (until the age of 17).

There is no out of pocket expense involved when redeeming a voucher for a 'Preventative Dental Check' at a School Dental Therapy Centre. Any dental treatment that is planned after the 'Preventative Dental Check' remains free of charge in the School Dental Service.

ive just found this

Guest Hatton
School Dental Clinics

The School Dental Service will continue to provide a free service to children enrolled in Pre-Primary to Year 11 (until the age of 17).

There is no out of pocket expense involved when redeeming a voucher for a 'Preventative Dental Check' at a School Dental Therapy Centre. Any dental treatment that is planned after the 'Preventative Dental Check' remains free of charge in the School Dental Service.

ive just found this

ahhh i thought they said they did not pay for their kids when I was over there...cheers.

Guest juliemtaylor

Yeh good luck finding a dental service free for kids in Vic unless you are a Health Care Card holder.. You can pay $29 reg fee and hope you can get a Dentist before your teeth all fall out..

Private Health care the only way to go otherwise..

Julie x

Yeh good luck finding a dental service free for kids in Vic unless you are a Health Care Card holder.. You can pay $29 reg fee and hope you can get a Dentist before your teeth all fall out..

Private Health care the only way to go otherwise..

Julie x

Do you have the free school dental buses in Vic?

Archived