New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Ahhh... we probably saw you... were you the family with the 2 boys and a girl? We were supposed to be 10.45, but the family before cancelled so we had ours about 9.45... which was great so we could get back to work!

Yes... they were all lovely and very helpful :)

Yeah that was us!!!, you must have been the young couple opposite, Good luck with everything.

Su x

Guest Lori2011
omg

our case officer has just rang my OH's boss asking questions. sh*tting it lol

We are applying as a Carpenter but my OH does many other (supervisor etc) duties.

I think i may pass out

That is exactly what worries me, we all work in our claimed profession, however, many of us have extra duties, it worries me Diac wont like it. As an engineer, my work is technical, but I have project management duties included in my job. I think Diac has been making more job verifications than usual, so dont forget to let your bosses know what you are up to, otherwise, they might get surprised and might not know you specific details in the moment, as your entry date, years working there, etc

That is exactly what worries me, we all work in our claimed profession, however, many of us have extra duties, it worries me Diac wont like it. As an engineer, my work is technical, but I have project management duties included in my job. I think Diac has been making more job verifications than usual, so dont forget to let your bosses know what you are up to, otherwise, they might get surprised and might not know you specific details in the moment, as your entry date, years working there, etc

This worries me as I haven't told my boss that I have applied for a visa and don't intend to but then I started with my current employer AFTER I applied and didn't think it would go down too well. I assume that although they have my new employment details on form 1022 for change of circumstances it will be my previous employers they will verify with as they are the ones who would count for my work experience requirements.

Name: PatrickW

Date of Visa application: 19 September 2011

Nationality: South Africa

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Chemical Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

Name: vbulsara

Date of Visa application: 10 Jan 2010

Nationality: Indian

Trade/profession: ICT Business Analyst

Visa type: 176- Family Sponsored

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Medicals submitted: 20 Oct 2011

Date CO assigned: 14 Oct 2011

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Guest botero82

Hi Tania

Please could you add my details. Thanks.

Name: botero82

Date of Visa application: 14 June 2011

Nationality: Colombian

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Police check submitted: 14 June 2011

Date visa granted:

Hi there!

You might missed me when transfered from old timeline.

Name: srr

Date of Visa application:01 Mar 2011

Nationality: Russian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Senior Software Engineer

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Greetings all!

Another lurker comes out of the shadows!

My Info is as follows

Name: Heine77

Date of Visa application:15 July 2011

Nationality: South African

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Solicitor

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks for the valuable info so far!

Heine

Hi Tania

Please could you add my details. Thanks.

Name: botero82

Date of Visa application: 14 June 2011

Nationality: Colombian

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Police check submitted: 14 June 2011

Date visa granted:

Guest waitingtogotooz
Just checked the status of me application, work experiance and specific work experience has now changed to 'met' following their phone calls! Arghhhh.... only meds and police checks required now!

When did they ring?

Just so I know roughly how long they take to update online

Guest waitingtogotooz

It's too late now lol

Guest waitingtogotooz

Hmmmm not sure it was lunchtime so would have been 9pm over there unless they take cases home to ring? Could have been over here x

Guest Lori2011
Hmmmm not sure it was lunchtime so would have been 9pm over there unless they take cases home to ring? Could have been over here x

My agent told my that job verifications are performed by consultes and the embassy, not only Diac in Adelaide, maybe thats why the time of the day looks so crazy

Guest Lori2011

Today im having a bad day, and on top of it, a visitor at my work place critizes my shoes openly! I wanted to shout "this is a factory girl! I wont be working in my stilettos" anyway, the only thing that could make this day better is having some news for my app, come on Diac, it is your chance for your good deed of the day!!!!

Help hold on......... I don't fancy them phoning the morons that I work for. 3 years i've kept this quite. oh well what will be will be, suppose they are gonna find out one day it might as well come from the horses mouth. Need a couple of more weekends overtime though. I'll prob end up with a warning for wanting to better my self.

:hug::hug: I hope you hear something soon:smile:

QUOTE=Lori2011;1227008]Today im having a bad day, and on top of it, a visitor at my work place critizes my shoes openly! I wanted to shout "this is a factory girl! I wont be working in my stilettos" anyway, the only thing that could make this day better is having some news for my app, come on Diac, it is your chance for your good deed of the day!!!!

Guest waitingtogotooz
My agent told my that job verifications are performed by consultes and the embassy, not only Diac in Adelaide, maybe thats why the time of the day looks so crazy

OH just said it was the embassy

Will they email the DIAC?

Seems like you have been waiting a lot longer than us... you must be soooo happy to be nearly there! Good luck too :biggrin:

Yeah we have been waiting a long time, my Husbands occupation was taken off the SOL but re appeared in Jul this year, like a lot of the old applicants on this thread Tania, Anlopa TraxFM Mandyandmark to name a few, but our kids are growing up quickly as you saw at the clinic this morning, Sophie was just taking her GCSE's when we started this process, she is now at Uni. So we will wait until our eldest son has taken his A Levels now, which means we won't move out til Summer 2013. we are off to Melbourne, where are you hoping to settle down?

Guest Lori2011
OH just said it was the embassy

Will they email the DIAC?

I don't know how they work, i just know that embassies and consulates do research and somehow inform their findings to Diac. My agent warned me that a consulate agent might drop at my work some day, so I should warn my boss so he wouldn't be surprised or missunderstand the situation. I work in a high security facility, visitors need authorization to come in, so i hope this agent will call before coming, otherwise, it will be nearly impossible to have him/her in.....this is what worries me most....we also are a biiiiiiig company with many buildings, it also worries me that if they call to the central office they might not pass the call throug or to the wrong extension. Geez, i think i will go nuts!

Guest waitingtogotooz

Well I wish my agents would have warned us so we could have warned his employer. It's not that there is nothing untoward with his work it's just that he has been given extra duties since last year! I hope I'm worrying over nothing but now I'm going to spend however many days panicking and checking our online app! Swear I'm going grey lol!

Yeah we have been waiting a long time, my Husbands occupation was taken off the SOL but re appeared in Jul this year, like a lot of the old applicants on this thread Tania, Anlopa TraxFM Mandyandmark to name a few, but our kids are growing up quickly as you saw at the clinic this morning, Sophie was just taking her GCSE's when we started this process, she is now at Uni. So we will wait until our eldest son has taken his A Levels now, which means we won't move out til Summer 2013. we are off to Melbourne, where are you hoping to settle down?

We were just saying how much more difficult it would be if you also had children with their own minds to consider... and then being taken off the list and not knowing either way! But it all looks positive for you now which is good... and the children will definately love it! I wish my parents took me years ago! I think we are going to Sydney initially as we have a couple of friends there, but I'm not sure if we'll settle there permanently as we've heard it's expensive... so I think we'll take the time to look around and figure out where we want to be! We're just appreciating that we have this opportunity and we want to make the most out of it... just wish we could take all our friends and family too!