New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Why do they have to change things I am now finding it a lot harder to up date this thread as you can not just copy and paste :spinny:
Always the case Tania. As soon as something works perfectly, the powers that be tend to throw a spanner into the works... Sound familiar?.... I don't like it either! The look and feel of the site has just gotten a lot gloomier. I much preferred the light and bright orange. Oh well,...

Hi,

On the 8th of Dec. CO was allocated and requested Meds and PCCs. I already have PCCs at my hand but my wife cannot undertake the medical since she's pregnant.Her due date will be around 2012 July. I am thinking of uploading the "Change of circumstances" form mentioning my situation. Will the CO hold my application until that date?

I also heard that policies are going to change from the 1st of July 2012 and will it make an impact on my case?

Any ideas?

Little help over here please.....

Thank you Tania for your good work on updating us! .... Sorry I looked for the Thanks button, but that also seems to have disappeared. Do we really have to be like Facebook? (new site look)

I really thought we were made of better stuff!

Where's the freakin like button? :wideeyed::confused:

It just popped up.........:laugh:

bottom right:frown:

haha, It really wasn't there at all, but after i posted.....up it popped:embarrassed::wub:

Look I can still multi- quote omg this takes some getting use to.

e-mail/ring your CO and tell them about your wife, it is a very common situation and CO will put you both on hold until the birth. The 2011 changes won't effect you, only those who apply after July 2012.

There are many threads on this subject, try doing a search.

Yes you will have to let them know change of circumstances as your wife will not be able to do her medical, your CO will then have to put you on hold until your wife can do her medicals in July, I should not think the changes will effect you as you have already lodged your application the changes normally only effect those that will be lodging then.

I haven't seen the changes on the website coz I've been using the android app, but now i'm intrigued to see it!

Just think of the website change as a trial run for us all moving to Oz...things will look a little different for a while, might not be able to find everything we've been used to, occasionally you will wish it was the old way, but ultimately, you'll learn to love it and will wonder why you ever thought the old one was good!!!

Oh and good morning everyone! Lol :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Never thought I would ever say I like tapatalk, but listen to us all if we can't get used to the changes of a forum how will we cope in a new country. I say embrace the changes and from here on in I'm going to positively embrace them and enjoy the lack of familiarity of them. It is like a new start and we will get out of it what we put in. (yarr)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

On the 8th of Dec. CO was allocated and requested Meds and PCCs. I already have PCCs at my hand but my wife cannot undertake the medical since she's pregnant.Her due date will be around 2012 July. I am thinking of uploading the "Change of circumstances" form mentioning my situation. Will the CO hold my application until that date?

I also heard that policies are going to change from the 1st of July 2012 and will it make an impact on my case?

Any ideas?

Hi Yohan,

Why can't she do her medicals? I saw a previous poster also mention that the C.O extended the time for all the documents but I honestly can't see why the medicals can't be done when pregnant. There is a section on the medicals where pregnant patients can sign and consent to tests being done. If the main concern is about the xray....its a CHEST xray and the levels of radiation is less than what she would get from sitting in the sun. I work for a gynaecologist that also writes a column in one of the leading magazines and I often have requests about pregnant patients wanting to do medicals and the answer is always the same: If she's out of first trimester,it is SAFE to go as long as the radiologist puts the jacket on for her.

I know of a few applicants that have done the medicals in pregnancy and I would not wait. You never know when DIAC decides to change things again and you might just end up in category 5.

That is my opinion but its still a very personal decision!

Good luck!!:hug:

A

"According to the American College of Radiology, no single diagnostic x-ray has a radiation dose significant enough to cause adverse effects in a developing embryo or fetus. Some common diagnostic procedures include dental, chest, CT scan (head/chest), and abdominal view." http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/xrays.html

"While fetal exposure over 10 rads (the unit of measurement for absorbed radiation) has been shown to increase the risks for mental retardation and eye abnormalities, you needn't worry. It's rare for a single X-ray or group of diagnostic X-rays to exceed 5 rads. For example, the amount of radiation that a baby gets from a mother's dental X-ray is only 0.01 millirad. Since a rad is equal to 1,000 millirads, one would have to have 100,000 dental X-rays for the baby to receive just one rad. Other estimated fetal doses are 60 millirads for a chest X-ray, 290 millirads for an abdominal X-ray, and 800 millirads for a computerized tomographic (CT) scan.

To put this in perspective, during the normal course of a pregnancy you and your baby are exposed to about 90 to 100 millirads of natural radiation from the sun and earth. " http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-get-an-x-ray-while-im-pregnant_9214.bc

Never thought I would ever say I like tapatalk, but listen to us all if we can't get used to the changes of a forum how will we cope in a new country. I say embrace the changes and from here on in I'm going to positively embrace them and enjoy the lack of familiarity of them. It is like a new start and we will get out of it what we put in. (yarr)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too will embrace the changes but I don't like that when you press 'like' it takes you to the top of the page every time so you loose your place!! :arghh:

Guest 3Pirrets2Oz

Hi Yohan,

We received our case officer on the 5th December and i sent a change of circumstances form informing him that i was pregnant. He sent a message back informing us that we could hold off going for our medicals until the baby arrives - my baby is due in feb 2012. We have decide to hold off as we will be able to add the baby free of charge to our current application and then have medicals carried out for all of us, and then hopefully receive our visa grant. If i was to go ahead with my medical and have our visa granted before the baby's birth we would have to pay for another visa application for the baby which is obviously more expense and more time sitting around waiting! However if I was early in my pregnancy and we were in a position where we could move to Aus before the baby's birth then we would have done so! In other words if you can get your visa and get over and have your baby in aus then do that!

Good luck with whatever you decide xxx

Hi

Apologies but I am struggling to understand this thread due to the volume of information (and acronyms!) and the number of responses.

My husband and I are applying for a 175 Visa but we are at the very early sdtages trying to get a practical assessment booked which is taking months through Vetasses!. Anyone else have problems at this stage as it just seems so slow!!!

H, it was suggested I add myself to this thread following a post about the latest developments in our application so here is the info :-) Although I think we are actually category 3 as Software Engineer was still on SOL after 1/7/2011 so maybe I should be posting elsewhere?

Name: Aileen156

Date of Visa application: 23 May 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: 28/11/2011 - but referred

Police check submitted: Request submitted

Date CO assigned: 22/11/2011 - team 2

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks

Aileen

Hi

Apologies but I am struggling to understand this thread due to the volume of information (and acronyms!) and the number of responses.

My husband and I are applying for a 175 Visa but we are at the very early sdtages trying to get a practical assessment booked which is taking months through Vetasses!. Anyone else have problems at this stage as it just seems so slow!!!

:ssign18: Sorry i can't help you with your question, however you may have better luck posting your question on the main forum so other Vetesse applicants can respond, Or do a search on this subject, i expect there is a thread on this already.

I wish you luck.

H, it was suggested I add myself to this thread following a post about the latest developments in our application so here is the info :-) Although I think we are actually category 3 as Software Engineer was still on SOL after 1/7/2011 so maybe I should be posting elsewhere?

Name: Aileen156

Date of Visa application: 23 May 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: 28/11/2011 - but referred

Police check submitted: Request submitted

Date CO assigned: 22/11/2011 - team 2

Date visa granted:

Thanks

Aileen

:ssign18: Hi, you are a 175 visa applicant, that makes you in category 4, this is a cat 4 thread so your in the right place :biggrin:

Guest prashyt

Hey ljwalvin,

Nope i have not got a CO as yet.

Hey prashyt,

Are you an 885 applicant? Gee that was quick getting a case officer?

Name:ljwalvin

Destination: Already in Melbourne

Date of Visa application: 8/12/11

Nationality: Singaporean

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Pharmacist

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): NA

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Thank you so much people for your ideas. I guess I will inform the CO explaining the situation coz my wife's doctor has advised her not to fly during pregnancy since she kind of nervous to fly (She never flied before):cute:.

Anyway will you all updated with my status..

Thanks

Guest SHRIKANT

Hi Folks,

I have applied for 175 GSM visa. I could not get the employer reference letter for my present job however I have submitted an affidavit stating that I am working with this company with my position and joining dates + Pay slips + Bank A/c statements (showing the salary transfers) .

I worked with 3 companies in last 4 years so for each job I have submitted offer letters, Payslips, Income Tax certificate (wherever applicable) , Bank A/c statements , relieving / experience letters... Is this sufficient enough to meet the Work Experience criteria???

Any comments / suggestions ???

Cheers,

Shrikant

Guest gunpowder
Hi Folks,

I have applied for 175 GSM visa. I could not get the employer reference letter for my present job however I have submitted an affidavit stating that I am working with this company with my position and joining dates + Pay slips + Bank A/c statements (showing the salary transfers) .

I worked with 3 companies in last 4 years so for each job I have submitted offer letters, Payslips, Income Tax certificate (wherever applicable) , Bank A/c statements , relieving / experience letters... Is this sufficient enough to meet the Work Experience criteria???

Any comments / suggestions ???

Cheers,

Shrikant

it should be sufficient enough man...you touched all the threshold levels.. so dont worry...you will get a grant letter soon...

cheers buddy