New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hey,

So sorry to hear of this. Did you start up another thread? I really hope you get the advice you need and things work out for you. xxx

Yes, have started a thread and emailed George Lombard, not sure whether we can appeal against it? Going to see what advice we get and whether it means applying all over again, its so frustrating. for the sake of a few weeks!! Have spent the morning looking to see if I can apply in my profession?

not a good day in this house today.......................:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Omg.......devastating news to wake up to

we have been refused our visa!!!!

I am in tears and dont know what to do next.

Oh's work experience in oz was from jan 2007-may 2008,(which is over 12 months) however they are using the dates june 2007- june 2011 for the relevant 12 months experience. So his is 4 weeks short of the 12 months,

i am so upset that this has happened and would like some advice please, does anyone know who i can get some advice from....please please please hellp me.....

That's lousy. Sorry for your troubles.

Yes, have started a thread and emailed George Lombard, not sure whether we can appeal against it? Going to see what advice we get and whether it means applying all over again, its so frustrating. for the sake of a few weeks!! Have spent the morning looking to see if I can apply in my profession?

not a good day in this house today.......................:arghh::arghh::arghh:

It's great you contacted George Lombard, i have heard great things about him, it is definately what i would have done. Keep us posted and wishing you the best x :hug:

I'm sure you've all probably read this, but it's a good read - spesh for those of you who are curious about allocation:

Each week around 1000 priority affected cases are allocated to case officers. These allocations are currently made up of all available applications from Priority Group 1 and 3, with the balance being Priority Group 4 cases. There are no GSM visa subclasses in Priority Group 2.

As of 18 November 2011 there are around 751 applications lodged in Australia and 5544 applications lodged from outside Australia Priority Group 4 cases awaiting allocation. Since 1 July 2011, approximately 1481 applications lodged in Australia and 2702 applications lodged from outside Australia Priority Group 4 cases have been received, with some of the applications from in Australia having been allocated to case officers.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

If 1000 priority cases are allocated to case officers, there will come a time (soon enough) when at the current rate, they won't have any work to do! Think about it - 1,000 a week is a lot for those numbers.

Would just like to say congratulations to all you guys who got CO;s today, I guess you could say we got ours too, just not with the news we hoped for, today has been an emtional rollercoaster and I still havent got off, still unsure as to what our next step is, got a lot of thinking to do and probably saving too, sadly time isnt on our side either as we are both in our 40's

Anyway hope it continues to be a good week for you all with CO's, visa's and house sales x

Oooh busy day! Congrats to all with CO especially Blech - nice to see all of April pink now. My chq cleared for my police checks yesterday so hopefully we should receive those soon. We are still nearly 2 weeks away from our meds - although I have lost 10lbs since we got our CO so I amd now in the healthy weight bracket for my height (nice just before Christmas so I can pile it on again!)

Can I have 31 May for the next update please?

Would just like to say congratulations to all you guys who got CO;s today, I guess you could say we got ours too, just not with the news we hoped for, today has been an emtional rollercoaster and I still havent got off, still unsure as to what our next step is, got a lot of thinking to do and probably saving too, sadly time isnt on our side either as we are both in our 40's

Anyway hope it continues to be a good week for you all with CO's, visa's and house sales x

So sorry about your news - hope you can get some sort of positive response soon.

Yipeeee then v hav a case officer...

Hi Tania

Turn me pink please...The CO has asked for job verification & sponsor relationship documents.Everything was provided to the agent.Waiting to hear from the agent....

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name:Auss

Destination:Victoria

Date of Visa application:June 02,2011

High/Low Risk:HR

Trade/profession:ICT Business Analyst

Visa type:176 Family SPonsored

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):NA

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:Not yet

Police check submitted:Not Yet

Date CO assigned:07/12/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

So, not good news from our camp I'm afraid, no right to appeal the decision. So gutted......

Dont know where we go from here??? I dont want to give up on my dream just yet.............

Maybe state sponsorship???? will spend some time later looking into it but not really sure how it all works.................????????

Best start saving them pennies!!! if we do anything its going to have to been sooner rather than later...OH turns 45 next November and would like to get it before the July 2012 changes...

So, not good news from our camp I'm afraid, no right to appeal the decision. So gutted......

Dont know where we go from here??? I dont want to give up on my dream just yet.............

Maybe state sponsorship???? will spend some time later looking into it but not really sure how it all works.................????????

Best start saving them pennies!!! if we do anything its going to have to been sooner rather than later...OH turns 45 next November and would like to get it before the July 2012 changes...

So sorry to hear that, glad you haven't given up and good luck please keep us informed of how it all goes.

Tania

Hi Dinkydoo, interested to know, are you entitled to a refund for your 175 application fee?