New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

:SLEEP:Just been woken by the sound of the for sale board :spinny:being hammered in to the front garden. :jiggy:

Is it a weird feeling putting your house on the market? We have estate agents coming round tomorrow to value.

Is it a weird feeling putting your house on the market? We have estate agents coming round tomorrow to value.

A chill passed over me and for a split second and I thought what the hell are we doing, :swoon:then the resident village gossip p:witch-irritated:assed by and tapped on my window, where the curtain had just been parted from me looking to see what the noise was about. As she peered in asking me “have you got your ticket now is this why your house is on the market” Oh hell yes!!:jiggy: you gossip, go spread the word quicker than the information super highway. :laugh:

Just hope it is not a slow and pain filled sale.:huh:

Hello Tania, please add me :)

Name: zee80

Destination: Sydney

Date of Visa application: 19/10/2011

Nationality: USA

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: IT

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable): 11/09/2011

Date visa granted:

Hi Zee,

I have added you to the spreadsheet....All the best

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

A chill passed over me and for a split second and I thought what the hell are we doing, :swoon:then the resident village gossip p:witch-irritated:assed by and tapped on my window, where the curtain had just been parted from me looking to see what the noise was about. As she peered in asking me “have you got your ticket now is this why your house is on the market” Oh hell yes!!:jiggy: you gossip, go spread the word quicker than the information super highway. :laugh:

Just hope it is not a slow and pain filled sale.:huh:

My property also has gone live today with our new estate agents.

My agent was the same....I think they dont want the blame if anything goes wrong...

I really wish I had gone it alone and not bothered with an agent as my case seems straight forward.....

Oh well, you live and learn...

I think it was a good decision to go without agent in our case. After doing lots of reading I found that the process was pretty straight forward. And we saved a considerable amount of money this way....

But I can imagine that there a complex cases where an agent might really be useful.

BTW: How much does an average agent cost? Until now I only heard rumours that they charge something in between 1000 - 3000 USD

I paid £1800....

I think it was a good decision to go without agent in our case. After doing lots of reading I found that the process was pretty straight forward. And we saved a considerable amount of money this way....

But I can imagine that there a complex cases where an agent might really be useful.

BTW: How much does an average agent cost? Until now I only heard rumours that they charge something in between 1000 - 3000 USD

Guest waitingtogotooz
Hi Tania,

:biggrin:Yippee!!! Turn me purple! :biggrin:

:jiggy:Our Visa was granted today! :jiggy:

We got a direct grant without any case officer contact! Our CO Team was Team 7!

It seems that it was a good idea to frontload really absolutely everything (PCCs, Meds, Form 80) + double and triple evidence for everything else.:wink:

I actually could not really imagine what else they might request... :wub:

@Blech: Now its your turn!

Good Luck to all of you! I am hoping for lot´s of COs and Grants this week!

CONGRATULATIONS :hug::hug::hug:

Guest Lori2011

Still in the waiting room. My second monday here, hopefully the last one? Dunno why it is taking so long for my CO to update my status, I woulf like to know what is going on with my file....i desperately wanna quit my job, run to the nearest beach and borrow anlopa's dinosaur and swim all the way to australia....

Still in the waiting room. My second monday here, hopefully the last one? Dunno why it is taking so long for my CO to update my status, I woulf like to know what is going on with my file....i desperately wanna quit my job, run to the nearest beach and borrow anlopa's dinosaur and swim all the way to australia....

The nearest beach to launch the dinosaur would be Blackpool, But be warned the North sea is cool this time of the year. Hang on in their I was in the waiting room for 9 weeks and Tania was in their for 8 so don't panic. It will come. Phone Diac they are good and put my mind at rest the two times I called.

Good Luck

Guest Lori2011
The nearest beach to launch the dinosaur would be Blackpool, But be warned the North sea is cool this time of the year. Hang on in their I was in the waiting room for 9 weeks and Tania was in their for 8 so don't panic. It will come. Phone Diac they are good and put my mind at rest the two times I called.

Good Luck

Any news with your passports? When r u expecting to have em back?

Hey ,,, New to this , so please provide a warmish welcome !!!!

So our stats are as follows -

. skills assessment - jan /11

.ielts - may/11 - score -9

.175 app sent 4th july -awaiting c/o

Sorry if ive put these in the post instead of correct area ,, give me a few trys to crack this...

So we are a gay couple and wandering if there is any body else upping and leaving and hopefully heading Melbourne way ? If so we will be happy to join any threds and trade advice or just pure goodwill ....

Ta ,, Julee and caroline x:rolleyes:

Sorry if ive put these in the post instead of correct area ,, give me a few trys to crack this...

So we are a gay couple and wandering if there is any body else upping and leaving and hopefully heading Melbourne way ? If so we will be happy to join any threds and trade advice or just pure goodwill ....

Hi Julee and Caroline, welcome to the thread!! I'm sure Tania and Bpremji will be along shortly to get your details so you can add your full details and join us properly!

We're also a gay couple (opposite sex than you pair I'm guessing going by your names!) and we're also upping and leaving and heading to Melbourne - not sure which part yet, but that's all part of the fun!! We applied on 14 June 2011 so not too much difference between us either.

Feel free to drop me a message - only on for a quick five mins to get my daily fix of PiO and then we're heading out for dinner to celebrate our 12th anniversary - the past few weeks have been very eventful for us!!lol

Good luck and welcome again!! :biggrin:

Well guys...

We finally bit the bullet and told our bosses on Saturday of our plans!!! It went way better than I ever expected and whilst they are very sorry to see us go (we both work for same company, so it was a double whammy), they are also happy for us and completely understand why we're doing it.

So now we're on the countdown for our last 8 weeks of work eeeeekkkkk :eek:

House sale paperwork still going through, but fingers crossed there's no hurdles with it and then we move out the week after we leave our jobs....this is all becoming wayyyy to real now!! lol

Off out now, but I'm sure I'll be back on later to get a second fix of favourite forum!!lol :tongue:

Hi Julee and Caroline...

If you could add you details to this template that would be great, I'll add you to our spreadsheet and Tania will add you to the thread:

Name:

Destination:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

All the best

Bharat

Hi Julee and Caroline...

If you could add you details to this template that would be great, I'll add you to our spreadsheet and Tania will add you to the thread:

Name:Caroline elton & Julee card

Destination:Melbourne

Date of Visa application:4/7/2011

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:Low

Trade/profession:Social worker & chef

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:off shore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):No

Post-14th July Category:Yes

Medicals submitted:Not as yet

Police check submitted:Not as yet