New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Egyptian Prince

Thanks everybody :) i hope you all assignined to CO and stay in the meeting room b4 moving to OZ which will be so soooon lol:))))

Well i would like to ask what does the word (((met))) means beside every document i uploaded? does it mean received or varified?? and will the met point change to accepted or it will stay as met??

Hello

Long time lurker. First time poster. Please add me to the list

Name: weekrish

Date of Visa application: 08/Jun/2011

Nationality: Indian (currently in US)

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Systems Analyst

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Finalised on 15-Nov-2011

Police check submitted: Applied for FBI Check on 10-Nov-11. Applied for India PCC 14-Nov-11

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Yet

Date visa granted:

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading comments from people on here and wish everyone the best..

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Thanks everybody :) i hope you all assignined to CO and stay in the meeting room b4 moving to OZ which will be so soooon lol:))))

Well i would like to ask what does the word (((met))) means beside every document i uploaded? does it mean received or varified?? and will the met point change to accepted or it will stay as met??

[/QUOT

'MET' means that the evidence you submitted for a particular document meets the correct standard DIAC are looking for., ie: DIAC are happy with it. And yes it will stay as 'MET' :cute:

Guest weekrish

Hi

One of my friends who had applied on 26-Jun-2011 noticed a new line on his application status page today which reads "18-06-2011 Application being processed further".

Most updates i have read from this and other forums seem to indicate that this is usually a sign of a Case officer, he thinks it may not be. He has submitted a Change of Circumstances form and a Change of address form just a couple of weeks back and thinks it might be someone reviewing those.

He applied as a "Software Engineer" and has an IELTS score of 8.5.

I'd like to invite your thoughts on this. Are they really onto June applicants?. I'm excited myself as an early June applicant.

I really hope they are on June applicants but I think it will due to the change of circumstances...

Hi

One of my friends who had applied on 26-Jun-2011 noticed a new line on his application status page today which reads "18-06-2011 Application being processed further".

Most updates i have read from this and other forums seem to indicate that this is usually a sign of a Case officer, he thinks it may not be. He has submitted a Change of Circumstances form and a Change of address form just a couple of weeks back and thinks it might be someone reviewing those.

I'd like to invite your thoughts on this. Are they really onto June applicants?. I'm excited myself as an early June applicant.

Guest Egyptian Prince
Hi

I think it depends on which Visa subclass he applied for and in which Category he is now :)

Also Some teams are faster than the others as i read on this thread so all these factors affect on the dates they pick.

Good Luck to him and to you too :))

Guest weekrish
Hi

Just to provide more clarity. He applied for a Subclass 175 visa and is in Category 4.

Also the date should read "18-11-2011 Application being processed further".

Guest higgers

Hi Tania, Police checks uploaded 21st Nov, Medicals carried out 19th Nov.

That's everything done now (hopefully). I suppose now we wait.............

Guest SHRIKANT

Hi all,

I have applied for GSM 175 on 21/06/2011 ... I along with my family have undergone the medical tests on 05/11/2011 and asked the hospital to send the med results directly to Sydney office.

I want to know when DAIC receives any med result for an application (without CO being assigned) Do they update their system ??

Thank you,

Regards,

Shrikant:biggrin:

Guest waitingtogotooz

Well hats off to Tania and Anlopa and anyone who has had to wait for their visa decision for a long period of time.

This is a lot tougher than I thought it would be :wacko::sad:

If we dont hear anything within two weeks my agents have agreed to get in touch with the CO!

Guest waitingtogotooz

Well my agents just said they will email our CO this Friday for me which is great.

Then they say:

I am glad that your house is all going through for you however I have to reiterate what both us and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship state that: “we advise not to make any commitments in anticipation of your application being approved (ie: do not give up your job, purchase airline tickets or sell your home). Such actions should only be taken when you receive advice in writing that a visa has been granted”.

Now im panicking.

Have the DIAC ever said no to a visa after going through this far?

Well my agents just said they will email our CO this Friday for me which is great.

Then they say:

I am glad that your house is all going through for you however I have to reiterate what both us and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship state that: “we advise not to make any commitments in anticipation of your application being approved (ie: do not give up your job, purchase airline tickets or sell your home). Such actions should only be taken when you receive advice in writing that a visa has been granted”.

Now im panicking.

They have to have a good reason not to grant the visa and even then I think you can appeal?

Like you said I dont dont how Tania, Anlopa and all the others coped with it all going on for years..

Fingers crossed you hear soon

Guest waitingtogotooz

Im just a bit worried now as we are in the process of selling our house.... if we exchange before we get a decision and then it is not the decision we are waiting for, jeez dont even want to think that far

Then they say:

Now im panicking.

Don't worry, we had the same reply about not selling the house before the Visa is granted, it's a standard Agent reply.:policeman:

Then they say:

Now im panicking.

Our agent has been saying the same thing from the start. I think because what anlopa says: they don't want to be accountable in case something goes wrong.

We have put our house up for sale though, two months ago. If we sell the house too early we will have to rent or (if the visa is not granted) find another place to live. For us the risk of not selling our house in time was/is too high. I'd rather rent for a while and be free to leave whenever we want to.

And maybe I am naive, but I personally haven't seen anyone (in 2011) not getting a grant after doing medicals and all. It probably happened somewhere, but not often. So I think for us in our situation the risk of not selling the house in time is higher than the risk of not getting a grant.

We will put our house on the market as soon as we know about our visa, I work from home as a childminder so cant really do much else, have only told one parent of our plans because her child will be leaving next year to go to school anyway, dont want to risk the others taking their children away in a panic yet as we are still trying to save as much as possible for the move. Hopefully we will sell before we leave.

To be honest, I think once you get to medical stage the only real hiccup would be failing the medicals.

Waiting, you will be fine it is understandable to be paranoid it is a life changing decision after all, the powers to grant or decline are in one persons hand.

Fingers crossed you will have your grant in a couple of weeks at most.

Chris

Im just a bit worried now as we are in the process of selling our house.... if we exchange before we get a decision and then it is not the decision we are waiting for, jeez dont even want to think that far

Don't worry, as you mentioned your house!! they have to advise you that you should wait for a decision just as they advise you not to do medicals until requested, I think I coped better than some because they could check online reading messages like met, referred, requested everyday for me I had to just wait for my agent to be in contact, it won't be long just try and amuse your self in the waiting room :twitcy: hope you hear something soon :biggrin:

Hi

Maybe tell him to check his document checklist...Not all CO update the docs but some of them do and then maybe if some of the docs show as "met" I would take it that he has CO.

Let us know! Exciting times:jiggy:

Got all the documents today, so waiting to hear from agent if he's happy and then its off to the waiting room for us.:goofy::goofy:

On another topic...my mom fell and broke her ankle today. Was in theatre for 2 hours and all I kept thinking the whole time was how frustrated I would have been if I wasn't close by to help:sad:

The reality of this move is really getting to me...:eek::err::eek:

Guest Egyptian Prince
Just to provide more clarity. He applied for a Subclass 175 visa and is in Category 4.

Also the date should read "18-11-2011 Application being processed further".

i think they may contact him depend on the Team performance and i think also when it is said application being processed furthure that mean you have been assigned to CO and that is what happend with me :huh: