New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Fingers, Toes and Everything crossed. I am glad things are moving in the right direction and well-done to all those who have got their visas. From my personal point of view it is actually quite heart-wrenching when you see people being allocated with a case officer only a couple of months after they applied, especially if they have applied nearly 3 YEARS after me. I now really know what is meant by the word UNFAIR. Still, nothing personal. Just quite at a loss as to why I have been so terribly discriminated against! My sister, who is sponsering me for a 475, PROVISIONAL I might add, is equally frustrated with the whole thing. Although I am of course still very much looking forward to eventually living in Oz, it has made me think about the Australian Government's attitude and whether they do these sort of stunts in other areas?? I totally understand why they made all these changes, but NEVER will I understand why these were applied RETROSPECTIVELY! How unfair and unjust can you get??? Anyway, enough of my rant.... I know I am not the only one here. Thank you Tania for your good work. Information is always valuable in these situations. Good Luck to us all :angel_happy_face_ha

Fingers, Toes and Everything crossed. I am glad things are moving in the right direction and well-done to all those who have got their visas. From my personal point of view it is actually quite heart-wrenching when you see people being allocated with a case officer only a couple of months after they applied, especially if they have applied nearly 3 YEARS after me. I now really know what is meant by the word UNFAIR. Still, nothing personal. Just quite at a loss as to why I have been so terribly discriminated against! My sister, who is sponsering me for a 475, PROVISIONAL I might add, is equally frustrated with the whole thing. Although I am of course still very much looking forward to eventually living in Oz, it has made me think about the Australian Government's attitude and whether they do these sort of stunts in other areas?? I totally understand why they made all these changes, but NEVER will I understand why these were applied RETROSPECTIVELY! How unfair and unjust can you get??? Anyway, enough of my rant.... I know I am not the only one here. Thank you Tania for your good work. Information is always valuable in these situations. Good Luck to us all :angel_happy_face_ha

I think lots of us can understand what you are saying as like myself I have now been waiting 3 years and yes it does seem unfair when some are only having to wait a matter of months but that isn't their fault we have to remember this is government, so lets hope others don't have to go through what we have :hug: good luck and hopefully you will receive some good news soon. :biggrin:

What are we saying 4 grants is a fab week.:jiggy: It's not long we were of the understanding that our visas would not be processed till 2013,:frown: so keep um coming:notworthy:

Yes you are right :biggrin: we do need to remember that we was once told that we wouldn't get a visa till 2013 and then we may not get it at all and look at us now :jiggy:

No new COs allocated. Seems they have just shut down.

Note that on our spreadsheet there are only 6 April and March applicants who haven't gotten a CO, so I don't think they have shut down by any means. They just haven't gotten to the 6 people who have listed their information on this site. Imagine a school of a 1000, you can't get a sense of student performance if you only test 6 students. It is much the same way here.

DIAC is moving along at a good clip. I applied in July 2011 and didn't expect a CO until December 2012 or so, going by the information available at the time. Now, if everything keeps up, I'll probably be allocated by February, and December 2011 isn't out of the question.

Do yourself a favor and don't fret over this day to day. We are still ahead of the curve!

Note that on our spreadsheet there are only 6 April and March applicants who haven't gotten a CO, so I don't think they have shut down by any means. They just haven't gotten to the 6 people who have listed their information on this site. Imagine a school of a 1000, you can't get a sense of student performance if you only test 6 students. It is much the same way here.

I agree with you 100%!:yes:

Not necessarily true as AAAZR has frontloaded meds and PCC, he may already have a CO, we have seen many cases where they dont update the website and grant directly....

AAAZR you yourself have not got a CO if I am not mistaken and I do hope that i am wrong for all our sakes.

AAAZR you yourself have not got a CO if I am not mistaken and I do hope that i am wrong for all our sakes.

Like I said at the beginning of last week,there has been a pattern of usually one very busy week and then one quieter week. Usually in the quieter weeks we see more grants than CO allocations. DIAC can't just allocate COs the whole time,surely they must actually then look at the files as well. No use everybody has a CO but nobody is getting grants and I'm sure everyone in the waiting room will agree with me.

I'm not in the least bit worried as DIAC have been processing nearly a month every fortnight and they've not yet "officially" reached our date. And even if they slow down a little bit its still much quicker than we anticipated.:jiggy:

I'm just wondering why your details are still not on the spreadsheet or the first page. Just please add your details so that brempji and Tania can add you. When someone makes comments like DIAC coming to a stand still its nice knowing when they applied to shed some light on their situation...:wub:

A

Guest waitingtogotooz

Hi guys

I know this should be posted on a different thread but I feel you are all kinda my friends so wanted to put it on here.

I can't believe how many negative things I'm hearing/reading about moving to oz lately. Like how expensive it is and quite a lot of people are returning to the UK etc. for example my friends have just moved to Adelaide and she emaile me saying that and i quote it's sooooo expensive to live out there, food wise etc!

Don't get me wrong I'm still 100% committed to going I just pray that we don't go out there and can't survive and have to return :(

I just want to hear some positive things I guess

I am sorry but you are the only one coming out with negative!!! comments everyone else feels that things are moving along nicely, you have made your point clear now can we move on as I don't think anyone else feels the same.

Thank you Tania :biggrin:

Hi guys

I know this should be posted on a different thread but I feel you are all kinda my friends so wanted to put it on here.

I can't believe how many negative things I'm hearing/reading about moving to oz lately. Like how expensive it is and quite a lot of people are returning to the UK etc. for example my friends have just moved to Adelaide and she emaile me saying that and i quote it's sooooo expensive to live out there, food wise etc!

Don't get me wrong I'm still 100% committed to going I just pray that we don't go out there and can't survive and have to return :(

I hear different things I hear that wages are higher to compensate for the higher costs in food and stuff also petrol is cheaper.

My cousin moved to Aus in 2006 and has never looked back she has her own property that she rents out and is able to afford to live next to the city which is more expensive also she said they can afford to go away more, promotion is always their if you want it I suppose it depends on your jobs and lifestyle you expect.

Agree 110%....

I know its not the same for the guys who were bumped up categories when their occupations came back onto the SOL, but for people who have lodged recently (like me, June 2011) to be told that it may take 12-18 months to get a visa. The way processing has been going, approx a month every 2 weeks, there could be a chance of getting a CO this side of Christmas, so we are very positive about how things are moving....

I am sorry but you are the only one coming out with negative!!! comments everyone else feels that things are moving along nicely, you have made your point clear now can we move on as I don't think anyone else feels the same.

Thank you Tania :biggrin:

Guest JennyReid
Hi guys

True..same here heaps of stories keep coming in, I also recently heard a british man just renounced his Australian citizenship that he got a couple few months in Carine ,WA (if im not mistaken) and went back to the UK after having a row with the council over running business/ a pub or something.

it seems migrating to OZ like "american dream" to me. sounds very promising before actually landing in the country (I have been there but) and see how people roll there and think what the.?!, bear in mind the country is built by migrants from ALL over the world so NOT all of them are British descents, people All over the world fight to death to survive there ..too, Asian (I mean All ASIAN not only indian, pakistanis..etc), Italian, Greek, Lebanese.etc.

I am not really worried as I am in cat 5. I just want my money VAC back. that's all!! :arghh: at the end of the day ,England is HOME!! hug:

I think the general consensus is that the first 6-12 months are the hardest as you try and adjust with earning and spending dollars as you keep converting everything back to pounds and thats quite scary as I read that a can of coke in Sydney costs $3, approx £1.85 if you use 1.6 as the conversion ratio...

Try and think of it as an adventure and if it doesn't work out (however much the idea scares you) you can always come back...

If you don't go your always going to think...what if.....

Hi guys

Agree 110%....

I know its not the same for the guys who were bumped up categories when their occupations came back onto the SOL, but for people who have lodged recently (like me, June 2011) to be told that it may take 12-18 months to get a visa. The way processing has been going, approx a month every 2 weeks, there could be a chance of getting a CO this side of Christmas, so we are very positive about how things are moving....

Probably best keep your negatives to yourself.....

And I can not see you having to wait 12/18 months as we are seeing the gap closing to 9 months and one at 6 months If we look at all those that got a co last week you can see how long they have been waiting!!! not bad considering that DIAC are saying 12/18 months :biggrin:

AndyH78 - 8/3/2011 Lodged week 10 co week 44 waited 34 weeks

nadare - 09-Mar-2011 Lodged week 10 co week 44 waited 34 weeks

Lori2011 - march 2011 Lodged week 10 co week 44 waited 34 weeks

ark - 11 march 2011 Lodged week 10 co week 44 waited 34 weeks

bj27 - 14 feb 2011 Lodged week 7 co week 44 waited 37 weeks

Higgers - 1st May 2011 Lodged week 17 co week 44 waited 27 weeks

Hi guys

I know exactly what you mean!!

We were at a neighbour's fireworks party last weekend, and we met the new people who moved in up the road who have just returned from...yup you guessed it, Australia! And Melbourne to boot (where we are thinking of heading). They only last 10 months - though it was clear it wasn't a mutual decision and the hubby seemed to still be a bit peeved by it all - though by the end of the night the wife was saying how she would perhaps go back and perhaps didn't really give it a proper try, but not to tell her hubby that! To be fair, they had three kids in tow, and I think they were surviving on around $55k for the whole family living in the berwick area - part of me thinks they were expecting the 'instant dream'.

But I'm of the opinion that I've still gotta try it, or I'll end up regretting it!! :biggrin:

On another note, and again probably should be posting in another thread, but how is everyone finding the 'house selling' side of the move? Ours has been up four weeks, and we had three viewers - a fourth booked for yesterday but they never showed up (totally raging coz I spent 5 hours cleaning that morning and cancelled other plans to accommodate their 'this is the only date and time we can come' demand! pfft! I just feel like the house, as must as I love it, is a real noose round our neck, and we can't properly start to think about the move until that happens.

Sorry for the rant, but I need to shout somewhere, as the OH has stopped listening to me!! haha :jiggy::jiggy:

We were at a neighbour's fireworks party last weekend, and we met the new people who moved in up the road who have just returned from...yup you guessed it, Australia! And Melbourne to boot (where we are thinking of heading). They only last 10 months - though it was clear it wasn't a mutual decision and the hubby seemed to still be a bit peeved by it all - though by the end of the night the wife was saying how she would perhaps go back and perhaps didn't really give it a proper try, but not to tell her hubby that! To be fair, they had three kids in tow, and I think they were surviving on around $55k for the whole family living in the berwick area - part of me thinks they were expecting the 'instant dream'.

But I'm of the opinion that I've still gotta try it, or I'll end up regretting it!! :biggrin:

On another note, and again probably should be posting in another thread, but how is everyone finding the 'house selling' side of the move? Ours has been up four weeks, and we had three viewers - a fourth booked for yesterday but they never showed up (totally raging coz I spent 5 hours cleaning that morning and cancelled other plans to accommodate their 'this is the only date and time we can come' demand! pfft! I just feel like the house, as must as I love it, is a real noose round our neck, and we can't properly start to think about the move until that happens.

Sorry for the rant, but I need to shout somewhere, as the OH has stopped listening to me!! haha :jiggy::jiggy:

I don't feel I can be excited when we get our visa granted as like you the house we still haven't sold and I know what you mean with the cleaning and the hours you put in :arghh:, I have just given notice to my local estate agent and trying a new approach with a company called express estate agents they recon they can sell your house within the 12 weeks they will advertise it also they put it on at a really low price and put offers in access of and this is suppose to get the viewers through the door!! so I am now hoping that these can sell my property.

Ahhh i know how you feel, we are about to put our house on the market and i'm really not looking forward to it. We only moved here 3 years ago, so the last house move horroh is still fresh in my mind:goofy: Oh BTW, my hubby don't listen to me either:mad::realmad:

good luck and hope you get a buyer very soon :hug:

I don't feel I can be excited when we get our visa granted as like you the house we still haven't sold and I know what you mean with the cleaning and the hours you put in :arghh:, I have just given notice to my local estate agent and trying a new approach with a company called express estate agents they recon they can sell your house within the 12 weeks they will advertise it also they put it on at a really low price and put offers in access of and this is suppose to get the viewers through the door!! so I am now hoping that these can sell my property.

How long has yours been on the market for Tania? I have heard about express estate agents too, so might be worth keeping them in mind if it gets to a point that I need to get to Oz or I'll lose my mind!! I know up in Scotland the sales techniques are slightly different, and ours is on at an offers over amount, but we'll be happy for the price or a bit less! Houses do seem to be selling here, so I think it's just a case of waiting and seeing!

The house sale, once the people sign the paperwork, will also be the trigger for us handing in our notice at work, so there's so much hinging on it! I know we could drop the price and probably get a few interested, but I suppose I should leave it for another month or two and hope we get the price we want!

And I think you will still get a bit excited and want to celebrate when you get the visa - do what we've done - have two bottles of champagne (btw Sainsburys have them on offer at the mo!) chilled, so one can be for getting the visa, and the other one for selling the house!! lol :biggrin:

I actually got tendonitis from all the cleaning i did on a daily bases to keep house up to scratch the last time we sold a house:laugh: And then the viewers don't show:mad:

It's a frustrating time but i think once we get our visas in our hands, the pressure will be a lot less n not feel quite bad. everything just feels 100% more stressful and frustrating because of the visa process.

Good luck:happy_face_outlaw_s

Ahhh i know how you feel, we are about to put our house on the market and i'm really not looking forward to it. We only moved here 3 years ago, so the last house move horroh is still fresh in my mind:goofy: Oh BTW, my hubby don't listen to me either:mad::realmad:

good luck and hope you get a buyer very soon :hug:

Cheers Eng32, and good luck with getting the house on the market too!! I remember the 2 weeks of solid DIY and cleaning to get ready for the agents coming round! I don't have any kids so luckily just cleaning up after myself and the OH, but I have two cats who seem determined to wreck everything as soon as I've cleaned....dirty paws prints all over my clean worktops is giving me continued nightmares haha :arghh:

How long has yours been on the market for Tania? I have heard about express estate agents too, so might be worth keeping them in mind if it gets to a point that I need to get to Oz or I'll lose my mind!! I know up in Scotland the sales techniques are slightly different, and ours is on at an offers over amount, but we'll be happy for the price or a bit less! Houses do seem to be selling here, so I think it's just a case of waiting and seeing!

The house sale, once the people sign the paperwork, will also be the trigger for us handing in our notice at work, so there's so much hinging on it! I know we could drop the price and probably get a few interested, but I suppose I should leave it for another month or two and hope we get the price we want!

And I think you will still get a bit excited and want to celebrate when you get the visa - do what we've done - have two bottles of champagne (btw Sainsburys have them on offer at the mo!) chilled, so one can be for getting the visa, and the other one for selling the house!! lol :biggrin:

We put our house on the market 3 years ago :arghh: when we lodged our visa and every year we have had a new estate agent so now we are on our fourth and hoping these can actually sell for us

We put our house on the market 3 years ago :arghh: when we lodged our visa and every year we have had a new estate agent so now we are on our fourth and hoping these can actually sell for us

Ok you have definitely more reason to shout than we do!! :chatterbox: would you consider renting out so you can move to Oz, or are you like us, and need the money that's tied up in the property? It's such a horrible thing to go though on top of al the other visa stuff!!

I just can't fathom tho why people don't turn up - I just couldn't do that, my conscience wouldn't allow me....even if it was something major that meant i couldn't turn up, I'd probably still find someway of going round to at least apologise. Perhaps I just need to toughen up a bit lol :confused:

Ok you have definitely more reason to shout than we do!! :chatterbox: would you consider renting out so you can move to Oz, or are you like us, and need the money that's tied up in the property? It's such a horrible thing to go though on top of al the other visa stuff!!

I just can't fathom tho why people don't turn up - I just couldn't do that, my conscience wouldn't allow me....even if it was something major that meant i couldn't turn up, I'd probably still find someway of going round to at least apologise. Perhaps I just need to toughen up a bit lol :confused:

Yeah we have money in the property that we would like so now all my hopes are on this new estate agents and yes it is so frustrating when you get someone not turning up but I must say its only happened 3 times to me in all the 3 years I have had my house on the market.