New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest raju1980

Hi Guys

i am applying for skill assessment.My job code is 221113,Taxation accountant,can you tell me which body i should go for assessment,I saw CPA ,there they are asking

work exp from current company with manager phone number n other details,do they call manager,pls guide

Hi Raju,

I don't know if procedures have changed in the last few months but i had my skills assessed, as a general accountant by the CPA in Oct '11, and I didn't need to submit any work experience, Just transcripts from exam results for my degree to be assessed as comparable to an Australian qualification, and a letter of good standing from your professional body. I got a positive skills assesment and completed all 12/12 knowledge areas without any documentation from my employer.

Hope this helps, but as i said, things may have changed since i applied! Best of luck! :)

Edited by StaceyLacey
Spelling

Hi everyone

just wanted to finally say "turn me purple!!"

I have received our visa grant from DIAC this morning. No more restless nights for me!!! The downside is we now have a massive list of things to do in the next three-four weeks before we fly out to Brisbane!

To all those that are in the waiting room or awaiting case officers I feel your pain but all good things come to those who wait!!

Many thanks to all the contributors, especially SHandGH - I'm sure your grant is imminent too - fingers crossed for you!!

James

Congratulations James!

I hope you get everything sorted in the next few weeks. Good luck for your move over to Brisbane

Guest vickey1
Hi everyone

I have received our visa grant from DIAC this morning.

James

My hearty congratulations to you James.

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Purple. Good Luck!

Name: greo2908

Destination: Brisbane

Date of Visa application: 12/08/2011

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Quantity Surveyor

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 23/03/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 24/04/2012

Hi everyone

I have received our visa grant from DIAC this morning. No more restless nights for me!!! The downside is we now have a massive list of things to do in the next three-four weeks before we fly out to Brisbane!

To all those that are in the waiting room or awaiting case officers I feel your pain but all good things come to those who wait!!

Many thanks to all the contributors, especially SHandGH - I'm sure your grant is imminent too - fingers crossed for you!!

James

Hi Sol2Oz - Do you have the link?

Hi Jambos -

No, no link because it happened over time. Basically, it was just someone from another forum. Long story short, they were allocated a CO and as soon as that happened, all of their documents except for PCC's and Meds were changed to "met". (They posted about that specifically). But they were also asked for form 80 and that's when the background check began. About 6 months down the line, the person posted again and said that the CO contacted them and said that they cannot claim certain points. The person didn't specify what the CO didn't agree with, but at one point all of their documents showed as "met". Moral of the story, one cannot possibly be sure of anything for that matter until they literally have the visa.

this wait is getting unbearable! the only reason i am still a bit sane is because i still have 2 PCCs and my medicals to upload. once all that stuff is done (hopefully by thursday), i will have nothing else to do but wait for allocation... then i will truly go out of my mind!

Hi, My name is Oppyddrum and i am about to lose my mind!

Hey Oppyddrum - do you have a CO? I see on the spreadsheet that your meds were "requested" but it doesn't show you have been allocated...

Hi All!

Just a quick update, our agent has finally recieved an email from our CO requesting meds :emoticon_doctor_sna and PCCs :policeman:!

We have been advised that we now have 28 days to get them done, after waiting what seems like "forever" for the email ,it now seems that 28 days is nothing and will soon be gone. Better get sorted then! :cool:

Hi All!

Just a quick update, our agent has finally recieved an email from our CO requesting meds :emoticon_doctor_sna and PCCs :policeman:!

We have been advised that we now have 28 days to get them done, after waiting what seems like "forever" for the email ,it now seems that 28 days is nothing and will soon be gone. Better get sorted then! :cool:

Wow, and you've been waiting forever for that email! I would have grown restless :confused:

Makes me wonder if the quota is being reached and now CO's are just waiting on cases that have been allocated to see if they meet the points system before they take in new cases. But I could be wrong...

Guest breilly

At long last Poeribbo, its been a bit of a wait !! Who knows whats going on with diac these days, nothing seems to make much sense.!!

Guest breilly
Snippet of news. Just had a call from work to sat the Oz High Commission has just called them for verification of employment. They spoke to HR and to my ward manager :daydreaming:

That sounds very promising at least you know they are working on your case, fingers crossed could be any day now :wink:

Hi All!

At last. maybe DIAC have just realised that they have left a few stragglers in June!!:laugh:

Guest sadupops
Sandupops what do you mean about the 18 months wait ?

i think that is the estimated time frame for them to process cat 4 applications. 18 - 24 months i heard. please correct me if i am worng

i think that is the estimated time frame for them to process cat 4 applications. 18 - 24 months i heard. please correct me if i am worng

The maximum time to process a 175/176 application in Processing Priority Group 4 is 18 months. As we know DIAC are processing a lot quicker than that. Details here,

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Wow, and you've been waiting forever for that email! I would have grown restless :confused:

Makes me wonder if the quota is being reached and now CO's are just waiting on cases that have been allocated to see if they meet the points system before they take in new cases. But I could be wrong...

Please don't mention the 'Q' word. :wub:

If that's the case I'm going to run away and join the circus.

Quick update - medicals today and myself and boys catA and husband catB. PCC uploaded today. In the waiting room now. Still no e:mail from CO so everything front loaded. No mention of form 80 so will leave that until requested. Fingers crossed for news next few months at most anyway! Wine o'clock now as it has been an eventful day!!!

Guest PSmith911

Hi SHandGH,

Please can you turn me purple, I got notification from my CO this morning :biggrin: Thank you to everybody that has kept this post going, it has really help me plan and has given a very accurate indication of time from getting trades allocated to CO assigned, to the amount of time in the waiting room.

One issue that we did have was my sons medicals were refered due to what I thought was very minor, his medical took an extra 10 days to be finalised.

Once again thanks very much - we will be looking to fly around Aug/Sept:smile:

Hi SHandGH,

Please can you turn me purple, I got notification from my CO this morning :biggrin: Thank you to everybody that has kept this post going, it has really help me plan and has given a very accurate indication of time from getting trades allocated to CO assigned, to the amount of time in the waiting room.

One issue that we did have was my sons medicals were refered due to what I thought was very minor, his medical took an extra 10 days to be finalised.

Congrats, PSmith!!

This seems to be the week of the grants :cool:

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Purple. Good Luck!

Name: PSmith911

Destination: Perth

Date of Visa application: 30/07/2011

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Radio Communications Technician

Visa type: 175 Online

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted: 28/03/2012

Date Police check submitted: 22/02/12 (still awaiting canadian Checks to come back

Date CO assigned: 21/03/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 24/04/2012

Hi SHandGH,

At long last Poeribbo, its been a bit of a wait !! Who knows whats going on with diac these days, nothing seems to make much sense.!!

Tell me about it breilly! lol! And I now have an answer to a question you asked me a few days ago. Yes we are in the care of Team 2!

Hi SHandGH,

Congratulations