New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest mandhani

My friend in India applied on 29th of August and I just spoke to him couple of minutes back.For him till now no ABPF as well as no CO contact.

I am confused on this.He hasn't FL PCC and Medical.Can anyone put some light on this.

Anyways If we think it twice even 12 September is not bad. But it should be october. It means there are some October and september applicants left. With this speed of processing of category 4 offshore. It will take 3 more 3 more months to reach cateogry 5 offshore.

But this is sure that arounf 80% of october applicants are allocated. DIAC want to be on the safer side. Let us assume onething that how many more applicants from category 4 they will allocate until they will start cat 5 offshore? Let us see upto March 2012.

Chin up! clearly, those updates don't really mean much. Point in case, during the last update of August 9th, there were people in October who were getting CO's, so.... :yes:

Yes, you are right.

I am still waiting too. no CO, no ABPF. I wil keep you updated.

DIAC's webpage just got updated and this has to be slowest update ever. group 4 only till 12 Sep 11 and Grp 5 till 22 Dec 08.....The yearly quota for sure has reached its peak and processing is slowing down considerably.

Sept 12.... i dont like this. i hope Ricky D is wrong about the quota thing. i hope they are just a bit tired from all the "hard work" and are slowing down to get a breather... and will get back to serious business by next update. Post Sept applicants (especially the Nov crew *wink*) are ready to move on!

Guys, this has been a very positive update. DIAC are moving so quickly compared to a couple of months ago when they were almost going backwards. DIAC are always way ahead of the dates they specify on the update page. Just look at the fortnightly update as an official indication of how things are progressing. Unofficially go by the information you get on this thread as it is much more accurate. Speculation on the update page has never been all that helpful in my opinion.

Update Page,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Guest heidim

I think that DIAC is being SUPER cautious and they could be down to November with only one outstanding case in September, but then put the September date. I think that they hold back a couple of weeks to discourage people from enquiring and contacting them as they then may be bombarded with enquiries... Just my guess..

Guest vickey1
I am clicking on the below link to check the new allocation dates and it is still shown as 9-Aug-2011.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Am I checking in the wrong link?

Can any one please help me on this.

I opened it few mins ago it showed 9-Aug-2011. I refreshed it again now and I can see 12-Sep-2011. Looks like DIAC is working on this page.

Anyways the issue is resolved.

Guest NatsB

Moving over a month while busy with easter holidays is quite good in my opinion.

After July no further applications are being accepted (just the EOI system) so I suspect they will be pushing to get all the old categories finalised while limiting new applications at first.

Just a quick update on our situation:

We still havent received any communication from DIAC after changing to ABFP on Feb 24th ie No email from CO to our agent or us.

We called the DIAC this morning to enquire how our case is going, the advisor on the other end confirmed that we HAVE been assigned a case officer around a month ago, our application is currently going through " routine checks" and we can be "rest assured" that our application is currently being worked on.

Reassuring to know but still so frustrating!!!!!!!:wacko:

The wait continues...............................

OMG Yvonne072 - thats fab!!! I can't believe you got a CO today - its very exciting!

Don't worry Camilla222 and Sol2Oz - you will get yours too. Have you guys got agents or did you do the applications yourself? If you have agents......CALL THEM :wub:

I'm keeping everything crossed for you both

We still havent received any communication from DIAC after changing to ABFP on Feb 24th ie No email from CO to our agent or us.

We called the DIAC this morning to enquire how our case is going, the advisor on the other end confirmed that we HAVE been assigned a case officer around a month ago, our application is currently going through " routine checks" and we can be "rest assured" that our application is currently being worked on.

yes for sure : "Reassuring to know but still so frustrating"......

OMG Yvonne072 - thats fab!!! I can't believe you got a CO today - its very exciting!

Don't worry Camilla222 and Sol2Oz - you will get yours too. Have you guys got agents or did you do the applications yourself? If you have agents......CALL THEM :wub:

I'm keeping everything crossed for you both

Thanks so much, Jit7 !:wink:

No agent.

But I am sure it will be a really good week for many of us..

Hi Poeribbo,

we're in the same boat.. we still haven't recieved any email from our CO.. Still hoping for soon direct grant.. :daydreaming: