New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Just thinking about timescales - before and during our application process everybody was saying its an 18-24 month wait for a 175 visa. From this thread I can see that the actual timeline seems to be much shorter than this, I would say around 12 months. My question is what has changed? The DIAC website even gives a guideline of 18 months for this visa so just curious why they are moving quicker than this. Is it because they are trying to clear a lot of cases before the new visa EOI visa rules kick in from July this year, or is there some other driving factor?

......PS I'm not complaining by the way - the sooner the better for me and my family!! :biggrin:

DIAC apparently "increased processing capability" during 2011. This, coupled with the rule changes over 2011 and 2012 should make it possible for them to get through the backlog of Cat V applicants.

Guest The6OfUs
DIAC apparently "increased processing capability" during 2011. This, coupled with the rule changes over 2011 and 2012 should make it possible for them to get through the backlog of Cat V applicants.

Please say that doesn't meant they'll slow it right down again now it's 2012!!!!!!!! :ssign2:

........Is that what we should expect hmsmark?

Big congratulation!!!Good luck

Hi guys.

I have been granted today. Dear Bpremji, please see my data below, you are free to correct it if you find it complex:biggrin:. Thank you in advance:

Name: Vzdrul Sharikoff

Destination:Perth or Brisbane

Date of Visa application: 20110517

Nationality:Ukrainian

High/Low Risk:High

Trade/profession:External Auditor

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:20111122

Police check submitted:20111026

Date CO assigned:20120111

Date of employment verification (If applicable):no verification

Date visa granted:20120111

Hi Everyone,

I've been in the torture chamber for a long time. I've been waiting for 14 months now. I've got a job offer in Australia. Can start as soon as I've got the visa. But it takes and takes and takes more time.

I got a CO on 2 sept. That one disappeared for some reason.

Then I got a new CO on 14 oktober. But now after waiting for 4 months still nothing.

My friends and familie are laughing behind my back. They ask me when I'm going to abandon my plans to go to Australia! They ask me: did you do everything right?...did you apply for the right visa?...do you know what you are doing? Well...I feel like an idiot. :mad:

Hello

Have you used an agent because if you have I would contact them and ask what is happening.

If not you should send an electronic update request to your CO to ask what is happening, that is a long time to wait for a 175 visa grant as they are issuing visas from April/May applicants of this year at the moment.

Please say that doesn't meant they'll slow it right down again now it's 2012!!!!!!!! :ssign2:

........Is that what we should expect hmsmark?

Not to my knowledge. My guess for the apparent slowdown is a combination of factors. #1: DIAC is still revving back up from the Holidays.; #2: They're on June with allocations, and as we can see by the spread sheet, June was a BIG month. Probably 2-3 times the size of a normal month. #3: With the start of the new calendar year, other higher priority applications may be coming in.

My expectation is that they will take awhile to get through June...

Congratulations...Ive updated the thread and spreadsheet

Hi guys.

I have been granted today. Dear Bpremji, please see my data below, you are free to correct it if you find it complex:biggrin:. Thank you in advance:

Name: Vzdrul Sharikoff

Destination:Perth or Brisbane

Date of Visa application: 20110517

Nationality:Ukrainian

High/Low Risk:High

Trade/profession:External Auditor

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:20111122

Police check submitted:20111026

Date CO assigned:20120111

Date of employment verification (If applicable):no verification

Date visa granted:20120111

Welcome to the thread, Ive added your details to the first post and spreadsheet

All the best....

Name:poeribbo

Destination:Perth

Date of Visa application:29/06/11

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession:Painter & Decorator

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name: vickyh76

Destination: brisbane

Date of Visa application: 05 jan 2012

Nationality: british

High/Low Risk: low

Trade/profession: care support worker

Visa type: 300 prospective marrige

Onshore/offshore: off shore

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted: 05 jan 2012

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

hi all

its good to see ppl are getting their CO soon...but once you get your CO its nt over yet....its been 6 weeks since i got my co....and i have already uploaded all the relative docs..no news so far...so nw its mre frustrating......but hope we all get it sn...meanwhile plz let me knw if there any applicants who applied in may 2011..and got a CO but havent heard from them since?

My CO from team 2(i m pretty sre it really doesn't matter which team u r in)

Guest SHRIKANT

Hi Twistedspiky

I lodged my application in June 2011 and got CO from Team 2 on 06/01/2012. She requested for my and wife's PCC + IELTS result of my wife. We provided her the docs but I havent heard anything from her. Also, my status for all the docs still says "REQUIRED" , what is yours?

I know we are not supposed to talk about the CO's identity but if we have the same CO its easier to know what is happening?

Regards,

Shrikant

hi all

its good to see ppl are getting their CO soon...but once you get your CO its nt over yet....its been 6 weeks since i got my co....and i have already uploaded all the relative docs..no news so far...so nw its mre frustrating......but hope we all get it sn...meanwhile plz let me knw if there any applicants who applied in may 2011..and got a CO but havent heard from them since?

Hi,

Need some info about wrk ref check.

My wife's manager got call from immi for employment ref check.

Manager did answer some questions in affirmation but as he was busy he asked them to call back tom.

Any idea how detailed is work ref check ?

Guest The6OfUs
Not to my knowledge. My guess for the apparent slowdown is a combination of factors. #1: DIAC is still revving back up from the Holidays.; #2: They're on June with allocations, and as we can see by the spread sheet, June was a BIG month. Probably 2-3 times the size of a normal month. #3: With the start of the new calendar year, other higher priority applications may be coming in.

My expectation is that they will take awhile to get through June...

Thank you - you're absolutely right. Think I'm just in denial hoping that they will speed through Junes in the next 2 weeks! :nah:

Here's to trying to stay chilled about it all and wishing to see some Co allocations and Visa approvals for all that are next in wait!! Just to know that all the CO's aren't all sunning it down at the beach would be nice eh? :wink:

Hi, I am April applicant with no answer from my CO yet and more may applicant in this thread. So don't worry, you are not alone :wink:. I wish you to hear some good news from yours soon.

hi all

Guest The6OfUs
Hi, I am April applicant with no answer from my CO yet and more may applicant in this thread. So don't worry, you are not alone :wink:. I wish you to hear some good news from yours soon.

Fingers crossed it'll be any day now for you guys!! :cute:

What I am seeing is that no cat 4 offshore has got CO in 2012. I can see no posts suggesting the same. Is there any cat 4 offshore who has got CO in January. Please post your details.

This thread is now closed please use the link I have provided, you will see on the first page of this link who has got CO or Visa.

Thanks Tania

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/134583-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-part-2-a.html

hi all

hi there

well according to my research lot of ppl didnt have any change in their online status even after submitting papers....

anyhow in my case.....in the document cheklist everything have changed to "MET" beside AFP and PCC(probably they r expired sn)

i just afraid tht i m nt stuck in external chek cuz tht will take several months.....but my co havent said everything so dnt knw yet whts going on prb have to wait end of this month!

I'm getting depressed with the lack of CO allocations and watching the exchange rate go down and down.

Update to our application: PCC uploaded 4/1/12 Medicals 11/1/12. Kids medicals are now finalised, my wife and mine are being referred.

The waiting continues

Guest breilly

Feeling a bit depressed and worried:wideeyed:, things seemed to be going so well before xmas break.

So much hard work, money and effort to get application lodge, do feel for all those cat 5 how have waiting so long. Now wishing we opted for state sponsorship, its a bit heart wrenching when you see those in Cat 3 who applied in dec have co & visa's granted already

Let hoe things pick up soon :angel_happy_face_ha

Guest breilly

Yes we were hoping for co too.:sad: Think we built our hopes up too much because thing were moving so fast. We have arranged PC but think I'll hold fire with the medicals for now !

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff

Common, Mummy Mann! Chins up! Relax and enjoy. Your turn is approaching and your officer will appear soon. I can bet that all applicants lodged till the first of July will be allocated by the end of winter. I would advise you to start penciling the rest of days we have till the end of February :wubclub:

ups,thanks fr letting me know. I thought initials should be ok.

If giving initials are not okay then that means that Bpremji's spreadsheet should also be changed......:err:

I can't really see how giving initials would be a problem...Giving a name yes,but initials I don't think so:wacko:

So either Bpremji must change the spreadsheet to take out all the initials or add initials to mine...AM:wink:

A