New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest heidim

Question - did anyone notice if the DIAC usually processes 10 days of applications in 14 days?

I know it sounds confusing, but in other words, the last priority list that was updated on December 23rd shows the following table:

They have processed 10 days of applicatins for priority 4 since 23rd December. A jump from May 5 to May 15. Is this the norm?

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Visa Subclass

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 1

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 2

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 3

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 4

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional subclass 887

[/TD]

[TD]Within 4 weeks of lodgement

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional subclass 887

paper

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]5 May 2011

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

paper

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]5 May 2011

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]5 May 2011

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

paper

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]5 May 2011

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]5 May 2011

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

paper

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]5 May 2011

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]**

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent Overseas Student subclass 880

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]20 August 2007

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Australian-sponsored Overseas Student subclass 881

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]20 August 2007

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Overseas Student subclass 882

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]20 August 2007

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Onshore Australian-sponsored New Zealand Citizen subclass 862

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]20 August 2007

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

No this is not the norm and very dissapointing! Not unusual given with X-mas and all the holidays. They usually process 4 weeks between each update. With that said, if you look at the individual spreadsheets, then all May applicants have CO's and they're down to mid June.....

No this is not the norm and very dissapointing! Not unusual given with X-mas and all the holidays. They usually process 4 weeks between each update. With that said, if you look at the individual spreadsheets, then all May applicants have CO's and they're down to mid June.....

lol, yeah, that is disappointing! I guess you're right about the holidays.

So I guess the usual processing times would be one month of applications every two weeks.

Wow, that would translate to two months of applications per month for priority 4's. Does that sound right?

Good morning/evening to everyone!

I was wondering could anyone help me whip off my fears?! =)

Has anyone been rejected by DIAC after taking meds and PCCs or do they tell you that your visa has been denied before they send you to do all that? I just wanna be sure.. :unsure:

Thank you!! :wink:

Hi All...

By the grace of God v hav got the grant letter this morning...It was not an easy journey but v hav made it thru & yipe its not over yet...need to get a job & settle..but at least its a start .

Its amazing how this forum has supported me...any doubt i hav just look in here & there lies the answer....its really nice that everyone shares their experiences here which is really helpful for others...

our journey is as below

Nov 10 - appointed agent

Feb 11- RPL to ACS

Apr 11 - ACS approved

May 11 - IELTS

June 11 - Visa lodged

Dec 11 - CO appointed

Medicals finalized - Jan 02

PCC & other documents submitted - Jan 04

Visa Grant - Jan 06,2012....

Now the job hunt begins.....

Thank you one & all.... & All the best to those waiting for the CO & Visa grant...

Congratulations....:xmas4:

How long do i have to wait...?? any idea?:unsure:

885 lodged 12/09/2011 || Submitted reassessment System Analyston 12/09/2011 || Priority changed to 4 on 12/09/2011|| Docs Submitted on 12/09/2011 || CO Allocated on 21/11/2011 || Grant???????????????????????? Why wait??????

Big congratulation!!

Hi All...

By the grace of God v hav got the grant letter this morning...It was not an easy journey but v hav made it thru & yipe its not over yet...need to get a job & settle..but at least its a start .

Its amazing how this forum has supported me...any doubt i hav just look in here & there lies the answer....its really nice that everyone shares their experiences here which is really helpful for others...

our journey is as below

Nov 10 - appointed agent

Feb 11- RPL to ACS

Apr 11 - ACS approved

May 11 - IELTS

June 11 - Visa lodged

Dec 11 - CO appointed

Medicals finalized - Jan 02

PCC & other documents submitted - Jan 04

Visa Grant - Jan 06,2012....

Now the job hunt begins.....

Thank you one & all.... & All the best to those waiting for the CO & Visa grant...

Congrats, soon you will get the email or maybe your agent has already got it. :wubclub:

Hey guys,

If the electronic status thing says 'applicant approved' does that mean I have my visa? I havent received any email from them though...I did it through an agent...

I think it seems to be pretty much organized with offshore applicants. Onshore processing seems although CO allocations are fast.

For us CO had asked for medicals and evidence of relationship which we submitted in mid december last year.

Anxiously waiting for good news.:wideeyed:

Guest The6OfUs
I think it seems to be pretty much organized with offshore applicants. Onshore processing seems although CO allocations are fast.

For us CO had asked for medicals and evidence of relationship which we submitted in mid december last year.

Anxiously waiting for good news.:wideeyed:

Sounds like it'll be approved any day now njk! :biggrin:

Guest The6OfUs
Congratulations x

Good question!.......Have you already done your Meds and PCC's as we were wondering whether it might be worth getting ours down soon and frontloaded early to speed things up a little? I think we'd feel more comfortable doing that if other people say that's what they've done! :yes:

Good question!.......Have you already done your Meds and PCC's as we were wondering whether it might be worth getting ours down soon and frontloaded early to speed things up a little? I think we'd feel more comfortable doing that if other people say that's what they've done! :yes:

I sent off for our police checks last week and we have our Medicals tomorrow. I just feel the time is right now as they are well into June applicants. We lodged the 22nd June and I am hoping that if they have the police checks and Medicals then we will get a direct grant and miss out the waiting room lol x

Guest The6OfUs

We hadn't thought of frontloading until we joined this thread, and by analysing everyone's timelines it proves quite popular!! I think it's a good idea just before a CO is in sight!!! Look forward to seeing a reply on your question! All the best for your visa grant!.......I get the feeling it will be soon!! :)

We hadn't thought of frontloading until we joined this thread, and by analysing everyone's timelines it proves quite popular!! I think it's a good idea just before a CO is in sight!!! Look forward to seeing a reply on your question! All the best for your visa grant!.......I get the feeling it will be soon!! :)

Thank you ;0) all the best with yours too. I still can't believe how quick the visas are being processed considering when we first applied we were expecting 12-18 months at least. So it's all good so far x

@Mummy Man and @The6ofUs

We did our medicals on 31st, and the status page is now updated as Medical "Finalized" for all 3 of us. Mine and our baby's medical was updated as "Finalized" on the very next day, but took few more days to get my husbands updated.

So, Yes, the status gets updated under the medical section.

Not sure how it will show when the PCC is uploaded, cause we are still waiting for it from our local authorities.