August 176 Applications Please Join me :-)

paddymacs

Name: Williamsons

Date of SMP application:

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: WA SS 176

SS received: 16/08/2011

Form 1100 Uploaded:

Visa Filed: 21/08/2011

Medicals:

Police Checks:

Visa Grant/Declined?

Hey there, not quite got all the dates for you but thought I would get started!!!

We submitted our visa application last night & uploaded most of the documents. Have you guys all gone ahead with your police checks & booking dates for medicals before getting a case officer then? Am glad you mentioned the Form 80 - my husband & I had a slight disagreement about that last night :laugh:

Sarah

I think for onshore applicants they request for both meds and PCC while waiting for CO

Then again few people have submitted PCC and left Meds until requested

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our case officer hasn't asked for form 80 just medicals and police checks. It takes a while to fill it out, I would suggest if you are not asked for it by your caseofficer do not bother filling out form 80. Good luck!

I thought it was required rather than requested. Your right it's a long form. Will sort out PCC while waiting for meds.

Things are waiting moving forward...not long now.

Our case officer hasn't asked for form 80 just medicals and police checks. It takes a while to fill it out, I would suggest if you are not asked for it by your caseofficer do not bother filling out form 80. Good luck!

Form 80 is long, but it's just a form and it costs nothing to complete. It took me a couple of hours to fill in; if all it does is put a smile on my case officers face because she knows the effort I went to and she doesn't want it, then it was time well spent.

At this stage of the game I figure fill in everything I can just so I look like I'm prepared, willing and able (always the boy scout). Somehow I always think that if you go out of your way to make someones job a little easier, they tend to look on you a little more favourably even if all that means is the officer processes your application before the next persons because they know everything is there and the other application will require more work. I'm probably wrong, but hey, I live in my own little world sometimes !

Oh, and I may as well add myself to this thread, timeline attached.

All IMHO of course

Pete

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is arranging their police checks and medicals ahead of getting a CO?

Thanks

Helen

We are for a couple of reasons - the clinic we want to use for meds only does Monday - Friday appointments apparently, and as a teacher I can't get any time off work to go have the meds done, so need to get them done whilst I'm still on Summer hols (we're booked in 2nd Sept - but we may have a CO by then, who knows?!) and because I've heard sometimes the police checks can take a looong time (over and above the 10 days quoted, a few more on top of that).As a teacher I have to resign by 1/2 term to be released in December, so if we don't have the visa before 1/2 term its not sure if I can resign in case something awful happens and we don't get it, and that means we couldn't go until the next resignation date, which is April next year (and to be honest I don't think I could cope at my school until then as its so horrid).

It seems 176s are moving so quickly it doesn't really matter, but if you aren't planning on going over asap after grant then it probably is better to hold off until you get asked to go for them incase all of a sudden the system slows down.

Hi, everyone seems to be getting a case officer within 4 weeks at the moment. Your year to activate your visa begins from the date of your police checks (which take 10 days to come through), the case officer gives you 28 days to organise both and the medical centres you have to use can normally fit you in within 2-3 weeks. If like us you go on hols during this time:wideeyed: I just had to send an e-mail to my case officer with proof from the medical centre that our medicals had been booked even though they would be outside the 28 day period. So I don't see the need to book them before you get a case officer... Hope this helps.

My husband spoke to the Edinburgh clinic this morning just to get an idea of timescales. They were really helpful. They have available appointments for next week so I don't think we will be struggling time-wise. The woman did say to Scott that from the beginning of August the DIAC were clamping down on people getting a jumpstart on medicals before requested by their case officer. :rolleyes:

My husband spoke to the Edinburgh clinic this morning just to get an idea of timescales. They were really helpful. They have available appointments for next week so I don't think we will be struggling time-wise. The woman did say to Scott that from the beginning of August the DIAC were clamping down on people getting a jumpstart on medicals before requested by their case officer. :rolleyes:

Yes I called to check timescales and prices in Edinburgh too and she said I needed a reference number given to me from the DIAC so defo had to wait until requested by the CO. But like you said, with the quick turnaround time this isn't too much of a problem x

Yes I called to check timescales and prices in Edinburgh too and she said I needed a reference number given to me from the DIAC so defo had to wait until requested by the CO. But like you said, with the quick turnaround time this isn't too much of a problem x

The reference number is your TRN number that you get once you lodge and pay, or at least that's all our clinic wanted from me.

Hope its not a problem - like I said above, we don't have a huge choice, I would either have to throw a sickie (not something I am comfortable with doing) or wait until 1/2 term, or travel for an age to go to a different clinic (or one that I am really not happy with using from feedback from people who have been there). Hopefully it won't be an issue.....:wubclub:

Hi

So I rang the Manchester clinic today to get an idea of costs and timelines and they told me they had appts available from the 9th Sept- excellent so no need to panic.

Once I got off the phone, realised that we are down in Chester that weekend to go to the zoo and ie not that far from Manchester!

So I was all prepared to wait for case officer to request meds/pcc before I did anything, but now I am thinking I am going to just book it as we are almost there and saves making two trips with the children.

Advise please - it shouldn't be a problem to get them done before they are requested(other than that is the date visa is valid from) or is there something I am missing???? Also if I am getting the meds done do I also get the pcc done too now?

Thanks for you suggestions folks

Helen:confused:

Guest dubsydney
Hi Kate

Most stuff uploaded except Meds/Police Certs and Form 80 (you should print that out and fill it in they asked for it for everyone over 18)

We couldnt get Meds till Sept 6th and I booked them last week! Our police checks take about ten days here in Ireland (Well so I have heard). I am so excited now cant focus on anything else when did you apply?

Hi my partner is from Ireland...just asking regarding police checks...

How will you ask from the garda...i knew a silly question, garda is

asking for what is the purpose of getting one....will we say for 176

visa? ...Just to give you an overview...we went there to get

police clearance and they said that they are only issuing good for

6 months....is that true.....please enlighten me...bit confused...

Thanks....

Hi

So I rang the Manchester clinic today to get an idea of costs and timelines and they told me they had appts available from the 9th Sept- excellent so no need to panic.

Once I got off the phone, realised that we are down in Chester that weekend to go to the zoo and ie not that far from Manchester!

So I was all prepared to wait for case officer to request meds/pcc before I did anything, but now I am thinking I am going to just book it as we are almost there and saves making two trips with the children.

Advise please - it shouldn't be a problem to get them done before they are requested(other than that is the date visa is valid from) or is there something I am missing???? Also if I am getting the meds done do I also get the pcc done too now?

Thanks for you suggestions folks

Helen:confused:

No you aren't missing anything - I think they ask you not to have them done until they request you to in case you don't get a CO for a while or your app is refused or you get the wrong medical. It's a chance you take though and if you think your application is strong and want to take a chance then I would too :) I'm still undecided on whether to try and get the girl in Edinburgh to let us have ours done now ... I guess if application processing times changed and were more like the website target of 12-24 months then i'd be worried. Just hoping they keep processing them asap! Police checks - i'm getting mine done now too. xx

Do you want to join me here? Just copy and paste and fill in your info it will give us an idea of how long the process takes! Good luck everyone......

Hey Canberra and all...

Someone missing here :wink:....Just a day or two and will join your thread right away..Getting warmed up and preparing my docs... :cute:...All the best for your 176

regards

Big Bob

Dear All,

Please let me know the answer of the following questions;

1- I have uploaded certain documents but the status is still requested. Although I uploaded only 24hrs before. Do I need to do anything? or just wait it to be updated itself. Please bear that in mind that i applied on 25th Aug and I have only 28 days to upload all documents. I dont want to leave it to the end, I have been calling DIAC for clarification but calling them for the last 38 minutes and no one is free to attend the call.

2- Is it mandatory to upload all 60 documents? that the limit. I think i have only 30 documents. Do I need to go through the medicals yet or wait for the case officer?

3- I am planning to leave my wife and kid in Pakistan for atleast 2 months so that I may find a good job before calling them to Australia. Is it mandatory to validate the visa at the same time?

4- What timelines are usually being experienced by Pakistani Nationals

My timelines;

Positive Skill Assessment (221111) - 5th Mar 2010...... IELTS (8.5/7.5/6.5/7.5) - 16th Feb 2011....... WA SS - 27th july 2011....... 176 online applied - 25th Aug 2011..... CO- waiting ...... PCC and medicals...... Waiting...... Visa Grant..... offcourse waiting

Dear All,

Please let me know the answer of the following questions;

1- I have uploaded certain documents but the status is still requested. Although I uploaded only 24hrs before. Do I need to do anything? or just wait it to be updated itself. Please bear that in mind that i applied on 25th Aug and I have only 28 days to upload all documents. I dont want to leave it to the end, I have been calling DIAC for clarification but calling them for the last 38 minutes and no one is free to attend the call.

2- Is it mandatory to upload all 60 documents? that the limit. I think i have only 30 documents. Do I need to go through the medicals yet or wait for the case officer?

3- I am planning to leave my wife and kid in Pakistan for atleast 2 months so that I may find a good job before calling them to Australia. Is it mandatory to validate the visa at the same time?

4- What timelines are usually being experienced by Pakistani Nationals

My timelines;

Positive Skill Assessment (221111) - 5th Mar 2010...... IELTS (8.5/7.5/6.5/7.5) - 16th Feb 2011....... WA SS - 27th july 2011....... 176 online applied - 25th Aug 2011..... CO- waiting ...... PCC and medicals...... Waiting...... Visa Grant..... offcourse waiting

I can't answer 3 & 4, but for point 1, you upload the documents they outline on the site. When you get a case officer, they will check each of your documents to ensure they are satisfied you have provided suitable evidence. Once they have done this they will change the status of each to 'met', and you will receive an email telling you what is outstanding.

You don't need to upload 60 documents. That is just your limit, and each one can be up to 5MB in size. You upload sufficient documents to evidence the items on their list. I uploaded about 15 or so, then my CO asked for more proof of work experience so I uploaded another 10. And when I got my police clearance I uploaded that. I eventually had about 30 odd documents at the end.

Hope this helps

VISA granted !!!! Awesome times !!

So much to do, so many things to plan ....

Pete

Oh MY MY ! Your timeline is like a bullet pal...:notworthy:...Awesome...All the best for your new life!

Main 176 App 9/8/11> CO 15/8/11> PCC 19/8/11> Meds 22/8/11> Granted 29/8/11

Simply unbelievable..

regards

Bob

Anyone from pakistan applied here on this thread? Let's keep the fingers crossed for CO allocation during September 2011 :confused:

If someone can answer, do we (all family members) those who are migrating with me need to validate the visa at a time? Actually I am planning to leave my wife and baby back home in Pakistan for Atleast till I land up in a good job.

Please help!!!!!!

Archived