Been here 7 months now. About time for an update and goodbye.

mr luvpants

Hi all

We have been here 7 months now. We arrived on the 29th December 2010. In case you missed it here is our first arrival report:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/reccie-arrival-reports/104518-luvpants-have-landed-our-arrival-report.html

Well things are going great. I graduate in 4 weeks and have been posted to Bribie Island as my first posting. The Police academy has got to be the hardest thing I have ever done but I have feel that I have achieved something. I still get a bit jealous when I see a Fire engine but that will pass. I was talking to one of my mates the other day who was over here visiting his sister and he said the UK fire service is in big trouble financially and pension wise things are not looking good.

Lisa has decided that she wants promotion and is now doing what she has to do to get on with that. She says that nursing here is different (not better but different) to the Uk and she feels that she wants to go the whole hog. She also gets paid nearly double than what she did in the uk so get in!!!

We are moving to a nice house in Buderim in August as it will cut down my commute.

So was the move to oz a good thing? FOR US yes. We miss our kids and friends but skype helps a great deal. We are gradually building up a friend base and things will be easier when I get out of the academy as I will be home. We have only had a couple of moments when we were home sick but not enough to make us get on a plane and come back to the Uk. Yes the exchange rate is pants, yes food here can be expensive but we did not come here for that, we came to enjoy ourselves and relax a bit.

Also this is a bit of a good bye. I have been active on this board for over 4 years but there are quite a few names on here that I have not heard before and the visa rules are now totally different to what I know and therefore I cant offer any help to anyone who is stuck and needs advice. I think my time here has run its course and so although I may pop in now and again, I am cooked as far as PIO is concerned.I thank everyone on here who has helped me as TBH I could not have done it without you and you have saved me a hell of a lot of money in fees let alone heart ache (Gill in particular).

Anyone who has not yet made the move, my advice to you is go for it. If it does not work out, then come back. To those coming back to the Uk, I hope you find what you are looking for. To those staying here and enjoying the life......if you come to bribie island and see a particularly good looking copper, make sure you give me a wave!:cool::policeman:

Good bye and thanks.

JOHN

Guest guest36187

Good luck John and Lisa. Glad to hear it is all going well. Buderim is lovely....and so close to the beaches of mooloolabah too x

Guest Guest31881

Hi John,

Good luck with your new life, I have lived on Bribie (We still have members on there) all i can say is you lucky bugga... It is a great place. All the best and good luck for the future.

Lovely to hear from you John, wondered how you were getting on. A posting to Bribie Island, you lucky guy. Great to hear you are settling in up in Qld, sounds like you are enjoying your big adventure and living life to the full - as they say 'life's not a rehearsal'. All the very best to you both.

Guest KP Nuts

And I remember the chats should we go......... lol. So your off to Bribie Island is Claire and Sue that bad that they need more policeman there, lol sorry ladies....

All the best John and Lisa sounds like it all going to plan for you xx

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh no John does this mean we won't get to see any sexy policeman photos to go with your fireman ones.

Good luck for the future, I'm sure we will stay in touch.

K x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

All the very best mate, it sounds as though you are really sorted and getting posted to Bribie island ............. sounds like heaven mate, i still want to meet up for that beer if i get out there.

Guest Guest31881

Just had this thought, When i visit Bribie island and get stopped for a random breath test. would it be a mistake to ask the police officer....

Are you Mr Luvpants

Somehow I think that would take a lot of explaining. :biglaugh:

Just had this thought, When i visit Bribie island and get stopped for a random breath test. would it be a mistake to ask the police officer....

Are you Mr Luvpants

Somehow I think that would take a lot of explaining. :biglaugh:

............:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest stockies

Good luck John !!!!!!!.......Jeez you will be a busy boy on Bribie with all the criminals on here:wink:, and by the way that dosent include me !!!!!!!!

You will have to call in for a cuppa, hehehhe that will get my neighbours gossiping if you role up in ya cop car...:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Claire. xx

Guest KP Nuts
Good luck John !!!!!!!.......Jeez you will be a busy boy on Bribie with all the criminals on here:wink:, and by the way that dosent include me !!!!!!!!

You will have to call in for a cuppa, hehehhe that will get my neighbours gossiping if you role up in ya cop car...:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Claire. xx

So you didn't see my reply, lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest The Pom Queen
good on you well done we are going back to qld after coming home feb it really is a much better way of life

That's great news, hope it works out for you 2nd time around.:wubclub:

Archived