£1.46

KIRK AND CO

Guest guest37336
Ouch ouch ouch

Here you Kirky, I understand that there a few 'counterfeiting' machines on the market, no name no pack drill.:policeman:

It's got to be better than pulling teeth hasn't it?

jfa1821l.jpg

Guest guest37336

I must admit it makes for frightening reading, I remember the days (way back when) it was 2.8, :shocked::notworthy::notworthy:

Cheers Tony.

Guest siamsusie

It was 2.52 something when I exchanged my goods and chattels Tony.

It will come around again... good for the Australians wanting to go back on holidays or for our returnees!

Where do you get your figures from? It's gone backward a bit because Wespac was calling the top, and now others are saying there are more rates rises to come. To be fair, if you're looking at a year or two, if rates go up in the short term, it could be in your favour, as houses should be cheaper when rates eventually do come down.

Can't paste the table - but try this

http://www.xe.com/

Where do you get your figures from? It's gone backward a bit because Wespac was calling the top, and now others are saying there are more rates rises to come. To be fair, if you're looking at a year or two, if rates go up in the short term, it could be in your favour, as houses should be cheaper when rates eventually do come down.

Can't paste the table - but try this

http://www.xe.com/

Commonwealth bank rate e-mail

Guest The Pom Queen

I am sure John at Moneycorp just said it was 1.50 something (sorry can't remember the something)

Guest ozinpom

Just checked with HIFX uk. The live interbank rate was £1.50, the exchange rate for £1000 was $1.445, for £10,000 was $1.4821, for £100,000 was $1.4845.

I looked on the Moneycorp site and it seems they are closing their office in Australia at the end of the year.

Guest guest30038

I have a small annuity of 1212 sterling. I was getting $2800 when I first came here. It has just fetched me $1818 :arghh:

Ouch ouch ouch

I imagine the only people who revel in such news are those that are nervous about making their own move to Aus? I've been here for 3 months now. We left most of our assets back in the UK and didn't even try to sell the house, so unaffected by the pounds latest dive.

Haven't looked back once, now settled in a house comparitively huge by UK standards (albeit a rental) and earning $AUD. Don't ever look at the exchange rate these days. :biggrin:

Guest Hatton
I imagine the only people who revel in such news are those that are nervous about making their own move to Aus? I've been here for 3 months now. We left most of our assets back in the UK and didn't even try to sell the house, so unaffected by the pounds latest dive.

Haven't looked back once, now settled in a house comparitively huge by UK standards (albeit a rental) and earning $AUD. Don't ever look at the exchange rate these days. :biggrin:

This IMO is the best idea, if you can afford to rent out your house and leave the bulk of your money in the UK.

This IMO is the best idea, if you can afford to rent out your house and leave the bulk of your money in the UK.

Yep...totally agree! This is exactly what we've done. Been back since April and am loving it!

Am really surprised how cheap most things are in the shops as you tend to hear so much on this forum about prices being really high for everything. I just don't see it???? :wacko:

Apart from bananas that is......could kill for a banana!!!!

:mad:

Archived