Going abit crazy in the outback?

PommyPaul

I have to say i think the isolation is driving me abit mad lol, i need to get a grip, moneys not everything so gonna give the boss my notice when he gets back from holidays and head back to the bright lights of perth, feel better already for making the decision haha

sorry for the random post, honestly theres no one else to share things with really but you lot and my facebook buddies lol :wacko:

I have to say i think the isolation is driving me abit mad lol, i need to get a grip, moneys not everything so gonna give the boss my notice when he gets back from holidays and head back to the bright lights of perth, feel better already for making the decision haha

sorry for the random post, honestly theres no one else to share things with really but you lot and my facebook buddies lol :wacko:

No worries Paul, we are always pleased to hear how you are going.

That is why about 70% of we Aussies live on the coast, and especially on the eastern seaboard, the outback life is not for everyone. Just as well you fled from Melbourne, this past week we have frozen our butts off:realmad:good luck with your journey, as always take a hug:hug:

Guest Guest31881

yep, there comes a time when everyone needs company, talking to yourself just does not "cut it" when you need to see other faces.

it doesnt feel much warmer here actually haha but hmmm not quite as bad as over your way..

oh yes colin! it was all ok when work was busy but jeez the last few weeks have been hard tbh, its an experience but just feels like i need a change

Guest The Pom Queen

But Paul, you wouldn't be you if you didn't move on. Good luck in your next adventure.

Ps I think you need to start a thread diary of your life Down Under it would be great reading and something you could show your kids when you get older (if you ever settle down long enough to have any, lol)

ahh thanks kate :) honestly i've been losing the plot the last few days out here i'm sure haha, i know what they mean by cabin fever now!!

Your so right btw!! i do need to keep a record of the travels, jeez its certainly been a colourful two years nine months so far haha

Jeez i would love to have led your life this last 12 months,, i know ive said it before but i am sooooo envious,,lol

What are you planning to do in Perth? Do you have some work lined up or are you 'relaxing' there for a while.

Cal x

Guest PommieLou

Hi PommyPaul

I'm not in the outback but it feels like I am! LOL! I'm in rural SA (Coffin Bay) and surrounded by retired people and 45 minutes away from shops, banks etc. It's beautiful but far too quiet for my liking...! Been here a year and I'm looking forward to moving closer to civilisation and not having to do a 100km round trip to buy a loaf of bread! LOL!

Good luck with your move :smile: I hope it all goes well. It sounds like you've covered quite a bit of Oz. Good on you! I don't have that option as I have 2 young stepchildren (shared custody) and a baby on the way. Hope the 'cabin fever' disappears soon! :wink:

Guest juliemtaylor

sounds a good decision to me, hope you do write it all down as we'd all love to read it!

Julie x

Hi PommyPaul

I'm not in the outback but it feels like I am! LOL! I'm in rural SA (Coffin Bay) and surrounded by retired people and 45 minutes away from shops, banks etc. It's beautiful but far too quiet for my liking...! Been here a year and I'm looking forward to moving closer to civilisation and not having to do a 100km round trip to buy a loaf of bread! LOL!

Good luck with your move :smile: I hope it all goes well. It sounds like you've covered quite a bit of Oz. Good on you! I don't have that option as I have 2 young stepchildren (shared custody) and a baby on the way. Hope the 'cabin fever' disappears soon! :wink:

"Coffin Bay" probably says it all then.

:cool:

ahhh lou i'm feeling your pain miss! sometimes its nice to beable to just wander down the cinema and catch a movie, or too the shops for a choc fix, its amazing how much you miss simple things when they're just that little bit too far away!!

thanks julie i should maybe write a nice big post for the reccie, arrivals etc section, not really sure anyone would be that intrested in it though, its easy though to not realise what kinda adventure your having till you look at it through someone elses eyes x

alright Paul? the work you do is the pay alright ? just being nosey . A would quite like working on a farm . Farming was in my family a while back. just curious and interested pal:notworthy:

hello mate, its not too badly paid, current job pays $22 an hour, one before was $20 and before that $18, seems to be that if you have abit of experience you can expect anything from $20 - 25 an hour :)

should have a go when your over, its pretty good work

is the work seasonal? do get a house or room to live in?

it can be seasonal, main times are seeding and harvest but theres usually general work all year round, especially if you have other skills like building or welding etc, most out of town emplyers are happy to show someone keen the ropes and use your other skills round the place as well.

Yes most places will sort accomodation fo you as well, generally the only thing you pay for is your food.

Place i'm at now give me a house, pay all the bills and give me free fuel for my car, so i may be getting $22 an hour but when you factor in the aprox $350 a week saving for fuel/rent/bills it feels alot more :) during the busy months you can easily be taking home after taxes $1200 a week with nothing to spend it on but food and beer :D

Guest guest37336

Hi Paul.

:no::no::sad: Disapointed from Hertford here. Only kidding mate, but give me the outback any time mate. By outback I mean the red soil, and complete nothingness.

Horses for courses mate, and fair play to you. But presently sitting on an overcrowded train out of Liverpool Street, and I tell you what, my thoughts are presently in Cook, just off the Nulabor Plain. :jiggy:

Good luck Paul, onwards and upwards mate.

Cheers Tony. :wink:

it can be seasonal, main times are seeding and harvest but theres usually general work all year round, especially if you have other skills like building or welding etc, most out of town emplyers are happy to show someone keen the ropes and use your other skills round the place as well.

Yes most places will sort accomodation fo you as well, generally the only thing you pay for is your food.

Place i'm at now give me a house, pay all the bills and give me free fuel for my car, so i may be getting $22 an hour but when you factor in the aprox $350 a week saving for fuel/rent/bills it feels alot more :) during the busy months you can easily be taking home after taxes $1200 a week with nothing to spend it on but food and beer :D

that sounds good to me pal . thanks

Archived