Engineering Jobs

nick600

Any one interested in work in the mining or gas sector I have a really good contact at a recruitment agency, he can sponsor on 457 visas too . he has plenty of vacancies at the moment and the pay in most cases is in excess of $100k normally working shift work ( which I do now) this gives you much more time at home with the family

Fabricator/welders, Diesel Mechanics and Machinists seem to be in great demand at the moment

My husband is mechanical engineer with over 12 years experience, unfortunately not in mining or gas sector. However he is very interested to work in mining or in gas sector! Do you think there is a chance?

Kind regards,

Sandy

Guest brickie001
Hi depends on exactly what he does can you be a bit more specific?

ok experience =0 n dont count , people u know that can get you a job there 100%

$100k a year dont bother going rate is way above that for fifo......site allowance n everything else

dont rob people cos there comming here pay the proper rate for a days work=mreason they wont stay working for u long

Guest papasmurf

Hi my hubby is a CNC turner with 25 years mechanical engineering experience making components for the oil industry is this the type of engineering in demand ? we have a case officer awaiting visa.

Guest papasmurf

Thanks for that Nick very reasuring to know :smile: hopefully when we get visa grant heading to Perth.

Guest blackwater

Would you be able to send me soem details of where to send a cv. I am a heavy vehicle diesel mechanic with a permanent visa and hoping to travel over ASAP.

Thanks

Any one interested in work in the mining or gas sector I have a really good contact at a recruitment agency, he can sponsor on 457 visas too . he has plenty of vacancies at the moment and the pay in most cases is in excess of $100k normally working shift work ( which I do now) this gives you much more time at home with the family

Fabricator/welders, Diesel Mechanics and Machinists seem to be in great demand at the moment

My OH is a coded welder, can you pm with details

Thanks

Guest scatty1cath

my husband is in civill engineering, machine driver, tools and site foreman, he is very skilled in this line of work and sought after by large coompanies that know of his work and ability to meet deadlines he as been in this line of work since he was 16 an has never been to college, would he one be able to work in the mines with the skills that he has 2 get sponsership or 3 even get into australia at all as he never went to college, wish some1 would give me step by step instructions of how to get there

Hey, I'm a mechanical engineer i graduated three years back, currently i'm working as technical executive and I have just lodged my skill assessment and hope to hear soon. What kind of pay can i expect in the mining sector?

I am a Japan qualified welder,I have 15 years welding experience in heavy and high scale bridges buildings , structures , ships and railways projects in Japan and China. I work in extreme and difficult weather and location conditions. I have a strong ability and in-depth knowledge of common and pipe welding process.

Hi,

Me and the family are moving out to Brisbane late August on a 175 visa. Im a gas main layer and have 7 years experience in the job which involves laying plastic and metal mains, commissioning, decommissioning etc. Think this will get me in the door??

Cheers,

Mark

To be honest I'm not sure how you would fit in as a gas main layer, It's not a trade I've come accross , I would guess you would have to look at the construction sector. but wouldn't have a clue in which direction to point you , sorry I cant be of any help

Guest gufotarquinio

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, a 9 years work experience and I have a specific competence in the Project Management area. I managed large projects in the heavy port equipment, ship to shore and RTG. I am interested to move and work in Australia and I am looking for a 457 Visa sponsorship. I'm interested to work in mining sector also if I don't have a specific working experience in this field. Do you have any advice for me?

Guest rex123
Hi depends on exactly what he does can you be a bit more specific?

Hi Nick,

I ,Rex Mechanical engineer from India working in Oil and gas construction in Qatar in Qatar( 5+ years experience in middle east). I have finished my medicals and PCC as requested by my Case Officer and waiting for the final grant. I applied for 475 NSW Orana region and heard that this region is having oppurtunities in Minig sector....

Jobs and Responsibilities:

· Coordination of workflow within the engineering team, execution of mechanical engineering scope, review of mechanical drawing content, reinforced and promoted quality and safety standards, interfaced with client and vendor engineering staff of projects.

· Ensured successful completion of mechanical deliverables and monitoring of project performance for mechanical tasks, schedules.

· Preparation of RFQ / RFP for Pipeline and piping works

· Supervision in the construction, precommissioning, commissioning, start-up and maintenance of Pipeline and station piping.

· Performed engineering calculations as and where required to verify applicable code requirements.

· Developed isometrics and BOM, prepared piping registration packages, and data books.

· Review contract requirements for project execution; identify requirements and scope of work; review specifications Process Data Sheets (PDS), Pipeline and Piping Material Specifications (PMS), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings.

· Verify scope of work, budgeted man hours, budgeted quantities, total of deliverables, format of delivery, time schedules, isometrics, bill of materials, pressure requirements and other requirements.

· Identify variations between Contract and proposal & take corrective action as necessary.

Please let me know about my oppurtunities in mining sector / manufacturing/ construction sector

Thanks in advance

Rex

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michixxx

Hiya, my husbands a welder/fabricater/pipefitter we've sold our house and expect to leave for oz in september, we'd definately be interested in any contacts you have as we seem to be hitting a brick wall and prospective employers dont seem interested whilst we're still in the uk!

michelle

Archived