Strict on skilled experience 20 hours

Lakaal

Hi there, I need to claim 5 points under skilled work experience to get pass mark however I have worked full time at forty hours a week for two yrs and ten months and have spent the last two months only parttime at 17.5 hour week. How strict are diac re 20 hour rule??????

Had changed to parttime as have two children and childminding was getting too expensive :(

surely they should take into account the forty hour weeks for almost three years that's more than (double) the twenty hours they are looking for

yikes will email them and see what comes back. Thanks :) maybe I should wait till nxt year they will probably do another points test then yet again:(

• 1 month later...
Very, experience has to be full time of 20hrs or more. Can you not change back full time?

I've been looking on the DIAC website for the definition of Full Time, as my wife works 25 1/2 hours, and we're a bit concerned that it won't be enough. She is waiting to be assessed by TRA whose definition of full time is 35 hours!

Do you have a link to this info on the diac website at all please?

Thanks,

Paul

The requirements for skills assessment and DIACS requirements for getting a visa are separate things. Dont confuse the requirements of each.

If your skills assessment body says you must do 35 to pass than thats what you must do otherwise you wont get a positive result.

DIAC only require 20+ hrs to be classed as full time when you apply for your visa but you must have the positive skills assessment when applying.

We are on our medicals stage now, so i know it has all changed since 1st July, but not sure if this bit has. When I applied for my visa the requirements were at least 20hrs per week over 24 months at at least half ie. 12 months must be over 20 hrs. I'm a midwife and work 15 hrs one week and 22.5 the next, with some extra sometimes and that was fine. like i say, at medical stage (tomorrow) so don't know if my situation is different.

Sam

The requirements for skills assessment and DIACS requirements for getting a visa are separate things. Dont confuse the requirements of each.

If your skills assessment body says you must do 35 to pass than thats what you must do otherwise you wont get a positive result.

DIAC only require 20+ hrs to be classed as full time when you apply for your visa but you must have the positive skills assessment when applying.

I asked our agent about this and she said that it is only the DIAC requirement that we need to worry about!

Confused & concerned now!

I asked our agent about this and she said that it is only the DIAC requirement that we need to worry about!

Confused & concerned now!

That might be true because your skills assessment body might not care on the number of hours. I know the body that would have assessed mine dont care. Some, with better qualifications than me get positive assessment with no work experience, others need quals + work experience but no specification on hours.

BUT if you have an agent trust them and follow what they say. If you dont trust them you should ask yourself why and consider getting a new agent!

Guest carldalby

Hi guys. I have been working 40 hours for just over 12 months which I understand will be accepted for the hours worked requirement. I am just getting a little bit confused, is there an actual assessor that comes and inspects your work to make sure you can actually do what you say you can?

Also it is a very small company I have been working for. There are only 2 of us, the boss and me, in a van going from site to site. Would this still be deemed as an acceptable company? i.e letterhead, reference etc from my boss? Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest saifurshaon

Hi All,

I didn't show a one month full time experience in ACS because without showing it I fulfill ACS criteria and the duration is very short.

Now in Applying to DIAC I want to show that experience. Will that be a problem? Or will DIAC rise any objection?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Redroyb

Uh oh...Similar to above, have been doing my vetassess form and it requests min 20hrs. I was contratcetd with various hrs of 14 & 17.5 hrs per week for the last 10 yrs, depending on how much the managers had lost the previous years!

This is a real issue, as it's totally normal as a teacher to be paid 14 or 17.5 hrs per week, the deal being we always worked weekends, evenings, sundays tweaking lessons, tasks etc...it,s the norm to work considerably over your paid hours.

My friend has told me to get the tippex out..but Really??? I mean like NO, there has to be a reasonable way to resolve this...

So, '' reasonable way'' ..anyone got any direction how to approach this 20 hr per wk WITHOUT tippex??

Archived