New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have given grants to some family sponsored applicants, which i got to know from the thread of HR applicants, one guy applied 176 FS - 28 June 2011 and another Mar 2012 | Type: 176 (Though he didn't write FS but we can assume he is because he didn't write SS too) and now there is one 886.

It does nothing to show any light at the end of the tunnel for us Cat 5 176 FS, as these 176 were of higher category, probably 3 or 4.

But it does show that they were out of their quota for FS for last year which is why they gave these three guys grants as soon as July started. this also means there IS limited space for FS in the overall visa places, and since there has not been any change in policy for 2014-15, we can assume it will remain limited compared to others.

And as there were no 176 Cat 5 grants last year, and few 886 grants, it means that the quota gets filled easily with new applications or higher category applicants, which will most likely remain that way for this year too unless they decide to get rid of us, by granting us!

... but will they? they haven't cared so far so can't believe they will bother until it is official.

THis is just an analysis of the grants since July 1, not a a post of great hope, but not disappointed one either because I am keeping zero expectations.....

but hang in there everyone, we have been waiting 5-7 years, a few more will only make us old, which we will get iin any case, with or without a grant!

Cheers! enjoy the little joys that life brings, like yesterday's exciting FIFA match! looking forward to the final!

Guest leoj76
Dear All,

I am a silent reader in this forum,today I m going to share my good news with you all..PR granted on 7th July.2014,886 visa(FS)(onshore)applied march 2009,co allocated on march 2013,medical & AFP submitted on June 2013,co changed on July 2013,additional paper requested on November 2013 and February 2014,Medical and AFP updates requested for 3rd time on 25th June 2014,Granted visa on 7th July 2014.so guys keep up ur hopes and all the best...please be positive response to everyone.. Cheers!!

Dont take it ban guys.... I reaeded somewhere I dont remember where excatly but im pretty sure it was an official annoucement..... the departement will clear all application at "final" stage at the beggening of this financial year....

It a good news as "expected" those thaose who have been been allocated co, last year or still waiting for grant, and this is for every subclass..... we all know that any of 176 fs have been allocated co since 6 years...

if there any who have been allocated co before but didnt hear nothing till now.... they might hear good news soon!!!! any one amoung us?????? im from april 2008 didnt get co!

Guys, how do you check the online status of your application? Have you accessed your application on immiaccount successfully? I know many of you will think that I don't need to because there is no hope for us but seeing your application online even it's not changing its status gives you a feeling that your application still exists. :err::wideeyed:

Guys, how do you check the online status of your application? Have you accessed your application on immiaccount successfully? I know many of you will think that I don't need to because there is no hope for us but seeing your application online even it's not changing its status gives you a feeling that your application still exists. :err::wideeyed:

Use the following link to check your status:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/immiaccount.aspx

If you are logging for the 1st time, you need to register to create an account and later import your application using the TRN no. provided to you when you lodged your case.

Use the following link to check your status:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/immiaccount.aspx

If you are logging for the 1st time, you need to register to create an account and later import your application using the TRN no. provided to you when you lodged your case.

thanks but this doesn't work for me even I entered the correct information needed.

Just saw the messages in the thread...nothing to hide Life is just too busy. FYI 886 FS and 176 FS has been started at back end. and if you still dont believe just wait and watch without me giving any more prediction.

Thanks Dear,

Are they going to start 886 and 487 both togather?

Dont take it ban guys.... I reaeded somewhere I dont remember where excatly but im pretty sure it was an official annoucement..... the departement will clear all application at "final" stage at the beggening of this financial year....

It a good news as "expected" those thaose who have been been allocated co, last year or still waiting for grant, and this is for every subclass..... we all know that any of 176 fs have been allocated co since 6 years...

if there any who have been allocated co before but didnt hear nothing till now.... they might hear good news soon!!!! any one amoung us?????? im from april 2008 didnt get co!

May b you r right.but at least they are started to sorted out the mess.All I can say keep up ur hopes,I know it's frustrating...enjoy ur life and everything will b fine one day,like ur dream comes true

May b you r right.but at least they are started to sorted out the mess.All I can say keep up ur hopes,I know it's frustrating...enjoy ur life and everything will b fine one day,like ur dream comes true

This whay my Lawyer said with regard to his cases yesterday,

"We have not received any further processing for a 175 or 176 applications. One of our clients did have an 886 approved as I think they are giving preference to onshore skilled visas '

VANDDIR1 and Leoj76

I have posted a link to the posts of July-Aug 2013, if you take the time to read through about a month of it you will find I and others have shared drafts of the letter we sent and also various email addresses, some of the emails do not apply as they were for the people of the last government so look up who is the current immigration minister, he must have a personal website and one that is official, get the email address from there and send to him, with you clear and correct information because when i got a reply from the director of Adelaid processing centre, he had mentioned my application date and agent name and addressed the mail to him, while i had not mentioned these in my mail so it means they must have looked into my file or case, and as they are to correspond with only my agent so they wrote to him bur CC it to me too. this was a good sign as someone finally looked up my file after 4 years - though only to do nothing!

Definitely we should give it a try, and the more the better it will be.

I have sent the following letter to the minster today, if you could all Subclass 176 and 475, out there, please do so, so that we could submit our case with one voice, need your support on this

Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing.

Dear Honourable Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

I want to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since the last 5 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2007 and in the last financial year onshore people in Category 5 were processed, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single off-shore Family Sponsored Cat 5 was processed and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This wait is really frustrating.

Sir, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

We deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still the 176 and 475 Family sponsored visa class are totally ignored as if they don’t exist, which is very unfair.

Just because we are sponsored by family doesn’t mean that we don’t have skills, in fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone and in boats. We and our family/sponsors are desperate to be united and have our wait come to an end.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced.

I am hoping that under your stewardship things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help in resolving our concerns.

Regards,

Name

Country

TRN NUMBER

DATE OF LODGEMENT

e mail address

UNQUOTE

please send to minister@immi.gov.au

I am still unable to login to IMMI account. I sincerely wish that they are updating our applications in the background!!! :daydreaming:

Were you able to login before? I had never had luck of logging in successfully since immiaccount, only with the old link I was able to check the status. :no:

The old system of online status inquiry is no longer available. It redirects me to ImmiAccount. Unfortunately, I am not able to import my application. It gives me the error: "no application matching the data entered has been found. Please check the information and try again". For sure all my data were correct, so now I am completely blindfolded about status of my application.

I can not believe that I was finally able to import my application in the ImmiAccount. I can not believe that I was so sure my data were correct. Eventually, I decided not to relay again on data from my autofill form and checked them again, letter by letter and digit by digit. Actually, I had one wrong digit in my passport info. Aghhh...

Now I can see again. :)

Were you able to login before? I had never had luck of logging in successfully since immiaccount, only with the old link I was able to check the status. :no:

What issue do you experience while logging in? I was not able to login using Internet explorer 10. If i tried using Mozilla firefox, the page was crashing. I just now installed google chrome and I was login without any issues. Unfortunately, no changes yet to the application. :-(

What issue do you experience while logging in? I was not able to login using Internet explorer 10. If i tried using Mozilla firefox, the page was crashing. I just now installed google chrome and I was login without any issues. Unfortunately, no changes yet to the application. :-(

I have tried chrome,firefox and safari and made sure that correct info. were filled but to no avail, always displaying error, no application matching the data has been found. 475 applicant here.

I have tried chrome,firefox and safari and made sure that correct info. were filled but to no avail, always displaying error, no application matching the data has been found. 475 applicant here.

Was your application made online or offline?

Archived