New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Dear Friends

I suggest to all of them better to waste our time waiting when our application wll be open we have to hire good lawyer who represent our case in front of federal court.

Because As per DIBP said they will process our application when all higher priority application will finalised. means Cat1 to Cat 4

My question is that when all higher priority application is finalised ( DIBP no giving any time frame and from which dates application consider higher priority application)

this application never finalised until they stop to taking new application.( Because if they consider new application as well higher priority application then our turn will never come) means DIBP Follow now First in first Method ( FIFO)

so it means they never process our application so we should have together hire good lawyer who represent our case. May be this will be helpful to us. Means Contribute lawyer fees. I am happy to pay this fees if someone know very good lawyer who will represent our case.

Rest Seniors member know very well

Thanks

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Friends

I suggest to all of them better to waste our time waiting when our application wll be open we have to hire good lawyer who represent our case in front of federal court.

Because As per DIBP said they will process our application when all higher priority application will finalised. means Cat1 to Cat 4

My question is that when all higher priority application is finalised ( DIBP no giving any time frame and from which dates application consider higher priority application)

this application never finalised until they stop to taking new application.( Because if they consider new application as well higher priority application then our turn will never come) means DIBP Follow now First in first Method ( FIFO)

so it means they never process our application so we should have together hire good lawyer who represent our case. May be this will be helpful to us. Means Contribute lawyer fees. I am happy to pay this fees if someone know very good lawyer who will represent our case.

Thanks

HI Guest1985

i'm totally with you, and can feel your frustrations cause I'm been here for almost 8 years got a bachelor degree qualification submitted my application (subclass 886) in august 2010. And is been 4 years now and have not heard anything from the dept.

it has been a painful waiting journey, as i couldn't build my career where most of the jobs that I've went for interview they required you to be atleast a PR, then you can't get your own place, i couldn't even get load to purchase a car so life definitely been impacted due to this.

And I totally agree with you, where immi dept claimed they will only start processed cat 5 when they finish processing 1 - 4, let's be honest we know that day will not come at all cause the dept constantly receiving thousands of application that allocated to group in 1 -4 and this will never stop, and once that year program been completely fully filled, then wait for next financial year new allocation where they will continue with processing those that is in cat 1- 4 in this will just go in circle, so cat 5 ppl will not get processed at.

As you suggested to consult with a migration lawyer, i'm with you in this as i think we need to start to take some action now.

who else is keen to consult your case with a lawyer? if we can have more ppl on-board and chip in equal share on the fees I think it will be more affordable than hiring one by yourself.

Somewhere in this mess of information below Priority 5 GSM applicants can discover when and if their validly lodged applications will be processed. It is becoming increasingly difficult to justify why the government is stalling on the processing of these applications. The most telling sentence in the third link below states – Many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their application is allocated to a case officer for processing and may want to consider other options available.”

‘Considerable wait’ like many terms in immigration is not defined and for want of a better definition we can assume this will be an open ended period. I’m sure they are correct when they say applicants caught in this political and bureaucratic nightmare would like to consider other available options. It’s a throwaway line that runs so easily off lips of DIAC and the Federal government. Are they attempting to starve these applicants out in some modern version of a medieval siege? If we make them wait long enough they’ll just go away and it won’t be a problem anymore. Not every applicant in this group has a viable option! Many have an enormous amount of time, money and emotional capital invested in their applications and to be so blithely fobbed off by the government and DIAC in this manner is shameful.

When the system creates a problem (and it is not possible to deny that the system actively created this problem) it is morally obliged to solve it rather than bury it in increasingly difficult to follow and understand levels of fact sheets, service charters, processing priorities and estimated allocation times that have no estimated time.

It seemed to me that the introduction of the new Skill Select Expressions of Interest system presented the ideal opportunity to sort this mess out. Clear the backlog of applications and then move into the new system but alas this seems not to be the case.

someone submitted health and police certificate ,all additional documents required by team8 team 13 in march 2014 now in june 2014 he contacted his visa officer of team 8 and got automated response that team 2 team 4 team 8 and team 13 all finish and no more alive on mail. it means CAP or hold on cat 175 GSM visa when application was on VISA STAMP ????

same with me auto reply "team 31, 32, 33, 34 all finish no more alive email add"

what was the auto reply, come again. alive, what that bloody means. government should do something. freaking bastards probably getting good pay to to sit in their ass and not doing anything. freaking politics. making policies which doesn't make any good for us.

Hi ,

Hi! Guest 1985, i have too written to Assistant Director and Directior of DIBP, pls see letter below

Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing

I want to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since the last 5 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2007 and in the last financial year onshore people in Category 5 were processed, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single off-shore Family Sponsored Cat 5 was processed and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This wait is really frustrating.

Madam, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

We deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still the 176 and 475 Family sponsored visa class are totally ignored as if they don’t exist, which is very unfair.

I have always understood and respected that Australia is a fair country but the ongoing policy of refusal to give our cohort any kind of respect or recognition in terms of our visa applications goes against the Australian culture of a “fair go”. I can appreciate that there are enormous complexities and challenges that Australia faces in your migration program but surely it has to be understood and acted upon that applicants like me, who applied under the rules of the day and paid the necessary visa application charges, have been totally ignored. It has been suggested to us that we can withdraw our application but no refund will be given. This is really tantamount to taking money but not in good faith. I don’t believe Australia is like that.

I understand that every Australia government have different policies and values which is one of the things I so admire about Australia. I was hoping that with the election of new Liberal Government those things in relation to this group of visa applicants would finally be dealt with in a fair way. I believe that the Liberal Government has as a basic value that a payment made for something should result in a fair outcome. So far, sadly, this has not happened.

I therefore am appealing to you to do whatever you can to see to it that this group of applicants (subclass 176) who have been totally discarded and treated disdainfully should now be put right. We are not refugees arriving on boats trying to jump the queue, but a group of professional applicants who have done the right thing and in so doing expect to be treated accordingly. Needless to say, in addition, we are skilled applicants and have a lot of skills and earning power to add to the Australian economy.

Just because we are sponsored by family doesn’t mean that we don’t have skills, in fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone and in boats. We and our family/sponsors are desperate to be united and have our wait come to an end.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced.

I have also written to Honourable Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection on 12th July 2014, I am hoping that under both of your stewardships things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help in resolving our concerns.

Regards,

Dear Friends

Thanks

Hi! Guest1985, I AGREE we should file a case, i am willing to pay my share of lawyers fees, we could devide it amoung all group memebers, who are suffering here

Hi ,

I am new in forum and want to share something regarding 886 Fs Visa application I have sent below email to immigration minister .

To

The Scott Morrison MP,

Minister for Immigration and Border Protection,

Australia,

Dear Sir,

I just draw your's kind attention visa application VF886 ( family Sponsored ). These application applicant's are waiting their application decision since last 4 years.As per Department website there is no updating these category files last 9 months.

We know that department will follow the instruction given by minister but why DIBP couldn't process these category files.Even they know that applicant waiting for there file decision from long time.

Dear sir I been Australia last 8 years. I completed my bachelor degree year 2010 then apply VF886( family Sponsored ) visa on June 2010 till from this date I live in Australia on bridging visa and waiting for my application decision but still wait.i agree that can live in Australia

legally until my application decision has been outcome.but if you know that on bridging visa can't help me finding good job last four years I applied too many jobs in my field but didn't get it because they said that we need permanent or citizen candidate for these.

I know that department will firstly process highly skilled occupation category files but on the other hand DIBP cannot ignore those occupation files which are waiting for last 4 years and live in Australia.why in this Case DIBP will not follow fair go policy.

Similar like me many of these category applicants suffering for this issue may be some of them give up.please put your kindly attention on these application so that these applicants carry their life smoothly and do work for Australian economy.

I lookforwed yours reply

Yours faithfully,

On behalf of all VF 886 ( Family Sponsored Onshore Visa application

I got this reply on behalf of minister regarding my email

Hi! gUEST1985,

did you get a reply for your letter, i didnt get a reply todate, i sent my letter on 12th and 16th July .

Yes,

I got this reply on 27 may 2014 . I understand that the length of time waiting for the outcome of a visa application can cause distress for the applicant and their family however the department is obliged to allocation and process skilled migration visa application in accordance with the priority processing directions set by minister for immigration and border protection . There is visa finder function which outline the requirement of all skilled migration visa on the department website . This a function may be assistance to you in identifying alternative skilled migration visa subclasses.

That reply I got..

So dear friends don't waste time do some initiative so.. Firstly make group and make list.. How many member can fight with DIBP this policy FiFO ... If any one know about famous lawyers who can lodge our petition in DIBP or infornt of immigration minister.? Make a appointment .. We can contribute this fees.. Thanks

Yes,

I got this reply on 27 may 2014 . I understand that the length of time waiting for the outcome of a visa application can cause distress for the applicant and their family however the department is obliged to allocation and process skilled migration visa application in accordance with the priority processing directions set by minister for immigration and border protection . There is visa finder function which outline the requirement of all skilled migration visa on the department website . This a function may be assistance to you in identifying alternative skilled migration visa subclasses.

That reply I got..

So dear friends don't waste time do some initiative so.. Firstly make group and make list.. How many member can fight with DIBP this policy FiFO ... If any one know about famous lawyers who can lodge our petition in DIBP or infornt of immigration minister.? Make a appointment .. We can contribute this fees.. Thanks

As far as I know, soon after they set this priority group system in 2010, some people got together and filed a petition or case somewhere, about 70 or so people, don't know what the outcome was but till around the start of priority 5 885, who were the first to start getting grants, i think nothing had happened to them.

so don't know if it is a wise move or not, unless someone knows what happened to those who knocked at law's door earlier.

Just to let y'all know, I spoke to a high court judge. one of the government plans were to frustrate all cat5 applicant including 885 and 175 which has finished. and make you take the decision of leaving the country or withdraw the application. but what happened was the other side all the applicant just kept waiting this became a hassle for the government officials. don't be fools, they want you to get upset of them and get out but they failed. they want you to think its not gonna work. people who blames the government are the victims of them. they never thought people will hold on to it for 5,6 years. its good that we did. just to note, for people who lives with their family, live your life buddy when the turn comes you role the dice. be happy that they didn't cancel any of the application despite what they've done in 2009. think positive. government got a job to do. those people who are so eager to get here, mate this is nor paradise what you are dreaming of. its another country you have to still work to live. some of those ones here in AUS cant even go to there own countries to visit family. so be thank full that y'all have time that needs to tick at it to you. live your life... but don't loose hope.

Totally agree. I intend to wait it out (because I don't have an option... ha! ha!) and am living my life and am thankful for the time i am getting with my family and people, each occassion and celebration makes me thank God for the oppertunity of enjoying it with my family and my children getting a chance to be with their grandparents.... this wait has made me learn to appriciate what I have rather than stop enjoying what i have in desperately wanting what i don't have.

It's not easy but it makes life easier....

Yes,

That reply I got..

hi Guest1985,

My friend refer me to this laywer http://johannessenlegal.com/, they managed to get my friend PR in 5 mth and he's already a citizen now.

I don't know weather they famous or not, but worth chatting with them to see where we stand with our current situation.

hi Guest1985,

My friend refer me to this laywer http://johannessenlegal.com/, they managed to get my friend PR in 5 mth and he's already a citizen now.

I don't know weather they famous or not, but worth chatting with them to see where we stand with our current situation.

Hello Gwheng,

Go ahead , get the appointment and consultant him what he say . We can contribute consultancy fees. As per DIBP fact sheet 24 priority processing direction ( DIBP will process cat 5 application when all higher priority will be finished)

but I am not understand why we guys are sit silent because higher priority application never stopped until DIBP didn't take new application It means as per current Sanrio our turn never be come.

I give u little example I lodge my application on June 2010 ok( cat 5)

Currently DIBP Woking on 2014 higher priority application.

it means they cleared all 2010 to 2013 higher priority application.

but our turn is not come. Still they said cat 5 application still under considerable decision.who will take this decision. Who know?

so dear all forum members don't waste your time together make a group voice . Other we will make as spare car tyre when they need they will use ( means in a year process 10 or 15 application) otherwise put in car bonnet ( means don't look our files).

So make a group voice may be it helpful to us. Otherwise we are driving on same boat no one know when we w'll be reach our destination ( grant Pr)

So make a slogan " NO HIRHER NO LOWER EVERY ONE HAVING SAME LEVEAL"

Regards

Guest1985

Hello Gwheng,

Go ahead , get the appointment and consultant him what he say . We can contribute consultancy fees. As per DIBP fact sheet 24 priority processing direction ( DIBP will process cat 5 application when all higher priority will be finished)

but I am not understand why we guys are sit silent because higher priority application never stopped until DIBP didn't take new application It means as per current Sanrio our turn never be come.

I give u little example I lodge my application on June 2010 ok( cat 5)

Currently DIBP Woking on 2014 higher priority application.

it means they cleared all 2010 to 2013 higher priority application.

but our turn is not come. Still they said cat 5 application still under considerable decision.who will take this decision. Who know?

so dear all forum members don't waste your time together make a group voice . Other we will make as spare car tyre when they need they will use ( means in a year process 10 or 15 application) otherwise put in car bonnet ( means don't look our files).

So make a group voice may be it helpful to us. Otherwise we are driving on same boat no one know when we w'll be reach our destination ( grant Pr)

So make a slogan " NO HIRHER NO LOWER EVERY ONE HAVING SAME LEVEAL"

Regards

Guest1985

hI!

Gweng

I am willing to support you and contribute towards any legal fees

hI!

Gweng

I am willing to support you and contribute towards any legal fees

hI! aLL

i GOT to know from my lawyer, that lawyers such Peter Bollard, Nigel Dobbie, Phillip Yip and Nic Poynder are specialized lawyers we could deal with who especially handle such cases. Hope this helps

hI! aLL

i GOT to know from my lawyer, that lawyers such Peter Bollard, Nigel Dobbie, Phillip Yip and Nic Poynder are specialized lawyers we could deal with who especially handle such cases. Hope this helps

I Have written to Nick Poynder and he replied me today requsting me to get in touch with Lewis Bollard , i have sent them a mail today, pls see mail below

Dear Sir,

I am writing to with regard my Category 5- Subclass 176 case lodged in August 2008, which has not been allocated to a case officer to date, being almost 6 years, I am planning on

Filling action against the department for the unfairness the way they have treated Category 5 applicants, I am presently in a Forum where I have some category 5 applicants, who is willing to contribute towards this,

I have Approached Barrister Nick Poynder , he request me to approach you in the First Instance to brief him on the ongoing issue Category 5 Family Sponsored applicants are facing as you will be aware of the issue,

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best Regards

UNQUOTE

I Have written to Nick Poynder and he replied me today requsting me to get in touch with Lewis Bollard , i have sent them a mail today, pls see mail below

Dear Sir,

I am writing to with regard my Category 5- Subclass 176 case lodged in August 2008, which has not been allocated to a case officer to date, being almost 6 years, I am planning on

Filling action against the department for the unfairness the way they have treated Category 5 applicants, I am presently in a Forum where I have some category 5 applicants, who is willing to contribute towards this,

I have Approached Barrister Nick Poynder , he request me to approach you in the First Instance to brief him on the ongoing issue Category 5 Family Sponsored applicants are facing as you will be aware of the issue,

Best Regards

UNQUOTE

I haved attcahed the reply i got from Peter Bollard awhile ago, i hope you guys are with me on this, as i cannot fight this alone,

I will speak to Nicolas about it.

Best wishes

Peter Bollard

Lewis and Bollard

Solicitors and migration agents

Suite 1702,Level 17

87-89 Liverpool Street

Sydney 200

Telephone 61(0) 2 92676003

Fax 61(0) 2 92676005

Email peter@lewisbollardmigration.com.au

Guest leoj76

Dear Sir,

Best Regards

UNQUOTE [/QU

happy to see thats u guys want to make thing move.... keep us update from the lawyer...

Ps: the tarrif for an australian lawyer can be extremely expensive. and im "not sure" but i think the minister have always the last words reguarding application and processing....

Dear Sir,

Best Regards

UNQUOTE [/QU

happy to see thats u guys want to make thing move.... keep us update from the lawyer...

Ps: the tarrif for an australian lawyer can be extremely expensive. and im "not sure" but i think the minister have always the last words reguarding application and processing....

leo,

i agree but if we can Share the cost among the all suffering applicants, i think we can bear this cost, i think the intiative is worthwhile than waiting for things to happen,

There is no use of this stuff filing and all this. Won't help at all rather it can be used against us. So what I will suggest is to simply wait someway down the lane the files will be processed. Hence, from my side its a big NO.

Dear Gagan,

I know that we can not challenge to Immigration minister direction or DIBP processing system that they follow but if we guys try hire good lawyer and they will make good drafting sent to immigration minister and DIBP regarding 886,176,475,487 fs visa application.may be we get reply. Some hope.

If you think that if we file any petition against DIBP they will against us. Then bro who know if after six month later they will say all cat 5 application get their money back they will not process their application because Australia economy has no need this occupation because these occupation are not listed in current Sol then what we guys do will go to Fedral court, Supreme court .if you remember sept 2007 what they did return back all offshore application without processing.

So bro don't be afraid from them.

if you against this but we guys lodge petition then you will be save no ( they will take revenge from all cat5) not only from us.

thanks

Dear Gagan,

I know that we can not challenge to Immigration minister direction or DIBP processing system that they follow but if we guys try hire good lawyer and they will make good drafting sent to immigration minister and DIBP regarding 886,176,475,487 fs visa application.may be we get reply. Some hope.

If you think that if we file any petition against DIBP they will against us. Then bro who know if after six month later they will say all cat 5 application get their money back they will not process their application because Australia economy has no need this occupation because these occupation are not listed in current Sol then what we guys do will go to Fedral court, Supreme court .if you remember sept 2007 what they did return back all offshore application without processing.

So bro don't be afraid from them.

if you against this but we guys lodge petition then you will be save no ( they will take revenge from all cat5) not only from us.

thanks

LOLz I am not afraid from anybody. Still I dont agree and I am just keeping myself busy in my life to get bothered from all these things. Whenever the time comes the turn will come by itself.

LOLz I am not afraid from anybody. Still I dont agree and I am just keeping myself busy in my life to get bothered from all these things. Whenever the time comes the turn will come by itself.

Bro thats good . everyone is busy in their own life no one is free .

Archived