Arriving Bris/Gold Coast Early September

Doc 53

Guest Laura1888

We are hopefully gonna be arriving in Gold Coast (Pacific pines) later this year. Cant wait.

We should definately all meet up when we arrive :):biggrin:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Laura1888
Yay!! You bet! We are getting sooo excited too! Have you booked your shippers yet?

No our house isnt goin up for sale for a few weeks. My husband works away so we cant get organised till hes home at end of july so i think its gonna be a mad rush. What shippers has everyone used?

No our house isnt goin up for sale for a few weeks. My husband works away so we cant get organised till hes home at end of july so i think its gonna be a mad rush. What shippers has everyone used?

Ah right! Our went on the market last week! What a pain having to keep the house like a showroom! (not easy with two messy girlies!!) - hope it sells quickly! We want to try and organise shippers soon so will be interested to hear who people have chosen too.

Guest welshspark
We are hopefully gonna be arriving in Gold Coast (Pacific pines) later this year. Cant wait.

We should definately all meet up when we arrive :):biggrin:

Sounds good we are heading to pacific pines as well so it will be good not to be the only new 1`s there lol:cute:

Guest welshspark
Hi there

Looks as though you guys have been busy!! How did it go when the shippers came - do they actually pack everything for you? Or do they give you some boxes so you can do some of the things yourself (undies etc!!! :cute:) Which shippers did you go with? Were they any good? What date are you flying out? Soooooo exciting!

Carla

The shippers were good they said 2 full days, they arrived about 9am on the monday left by 4pm arrived same time the next day were gone by dinner time. They packed every thing started upstairs worked their way down, the only thing we did was take the beds apart and a wardrobe other than that they did every thing down to the spoons and folks.

We used Pickfords they gave us the most info they wasn`t the cheapest to start with but they did them match the price of the other companies so went with them. They gave us 8 weeks free storage as well, so had a good deal.

we are flying out on the 7th of november arrive the 8th just b4 my b`day happy days.:biggrin:

Hi guys how are things doing just read the thread , i am from south Wales too but nearer Swansea, and am moving to Brisbane in Nov visa pending. But will be spending a lot of time down the gold coast as my partners family have an apartment there on Aubrey street . i have been there before and it is a beautiful place - can recommend Southport surf lifesaving club for somewhere to eat, and then in the town Copenhagen ice cream .

Best of luck Andy

Hi we are reapplying to come to Oz yet again following 2 failed employer sponsorships. (long story) anyway, we went travelling in NZ & OZ last year and made friends with an Australian family. They had lived in several places in Oz and settled in Helensvale, they said it was fantastic. Certainly somewhere we will eventually look as our children our 4 & 6 and they said it was ideal for this age. X

Hi there, You didn't put what your name was I don't think?

Myself, my husband and our two children aged 2 and 4 are flying out of the U.K on August 17th and will arrive at Ashmore palms on 19th August.

We will be looking to live not to far from Helensvale where my husband will be working.

Would be good to perhaps meet up with you when you arrive at Ashmore.

It's all happened very quickly for us with our 457 visas coming through less than 2 weeks ago, we have removals coming on monday and the we live in an empty house for 4 weeks until we fly out to Brisbane airport. We still have lots and lots to do and as you can imagine it's not easy when you have children to look after in the meantime!

How old is your daughter?We have to tell our daughter next week that she won't be going to school in the u.k now which we're not looking forward to.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Lyndsey

Guest welshspark
Hey guys,

Sorry about not being in touch for a while We have been down with a bug.

Is anyone up for meeting in Bris/Gold Coast at the beginning of September?

Netty

Hi Netty

will not be there for sep flying out nov so if you arrange 1 for then we would be up for it:jiggy:

Guest welshspark
Hopefully we will be out there by then too! :biggrin: Fingers crossed we sell the house soon :biggrin:

How long have you had the house up for sale for ?

Guest welshspark
Hiya - it's been on for a couple of weeks. We have got another couple of viewings this weekend - one of them has been once and is now bringing her husband! so fingers crossed!

Good luck with the viewings hopefully you will get a offer, houses are selling just not as quick as they used to :jiggy:

Any news on the house Sherbet?

Netty

Hi Netty - thanks for asking

The first couple liked it but already have an interest in another house so they are keeping their options open! The second couple where the wife had already seen it bought the hubby and he loved it!! :biggrin: He couldn't have been more complimentary - bless him! They had viewers on their house this weekend too that said they liked their house so fingers crossed all-round me thinks!! :biggrin:

You had a good weekend?

Carla x

Hi Netty - thanks for asking

The first couple liked it but already have an interest in another house so they are keeping their options open! The second couple where the wife had already seen it bought the hubby and he loved it!! :biggrin: He couldn't have been more complimentary - bless him! They had viewers on their house this weekend too that said they liked their house so fingers crossed all-round me thinks!! :biggrin:

You had a good weekend?

Carla x

Hi sherbet,

We had a great weekend, buying last bits of clothes etc before heading off. Hubby started booking in the final telephone, elec bills etc today, all real now!

How was your weekend? Have you had an offer yet on the house?

Netty

Hi sherbet,

We had a great weekend, buying last bits of clothes etc before heading off. Hubby started booking in the final telephone, elec bills etc today, all real now!

How was your weekend? Have you had an offer yet on the house?

Netty

OMG! That must be soooo exciting! Can't wait til that's us! No offers yet :eek:

Hi CArla, yes it is exciting but starting to get a little nervous now and sad as I will also have to leave my cat. I hope your house sells quickly as it will be great worry off your mind . What made you decide to immigrate to Oz.? How are the kiddies feeling about it? Speak to you soon netty

Hi CArla, yes it is exciting but starting to get a little nervous now and sad as I will also have to leave my cat. I hope your house sells quickly as it will be great worry off your mind . What made you decide to immigrate to Oz.? How are the kiddies feeling about it? Speak to you soon netty

Hi Netty

Oh no - poor you leaving your cat! Is taking him not an option? We have decided to take our younger cat with us but we are leaving the old boy here - he's 14. I will be very sad to leave him but I just can't put him through the whole flight and quarrantine plus he is very furry so he wouldn't cope with the heat. Ruby, our young cat is only 1 and I'msure she will be fine with it all.

As for the decision on emigrating, David and I had both had thoughts of Oz a few years back when friends of ours moved out to Perth but it never really went much further than that but around 18 months ago David's Auntie and Uncle came over to the UK to visit and we were fascinated by their lifestyle in Oz and felt that we just had to go nd see for ourselves what it was like - so a few months later off we went on our Oz trip! It wasn't until we had been back a few weeks we thought about emigrating! Having thought long and hard about it and going through all the shall we shant we moments for months we decided that we would take the plunge! We decided that we didn't want to get 20 years down the line and regret not giving it a go! So here we are now - visa in hand and ready to go! Still get the occasional worry but overall can't wait to go How about you guys? What made you decide to do it? Our girls are very excited about it although I feel they don't fully understand the enormity of it all. How about your little one? Too young to understand? What date is it you fly?

Carla x

Guest barrytheplumber

hi, we are family of 4 moving to Hawthorne Brisbane september 4th. have you joined the Brisbanites website through facebook there's loads of people chatting about moving to gold coast and brisbane.

Archived