Arriving Bris/Gold Coast Early September

Doc 53

Hi, my wife (Annette), daughter (Arianne) and me have made a few posts on here but this is the first when we have known exactly when we are going…..We fly out on the 27th of August from Stanstead to Kuala Lumpur and then onto the Gold Coast, landing on the 3rd of September.

We will be staying in Ashmore Palms holiday village for a few weeks whilst we find a place to rent.

Anybod else off to Gold Coast/Bris about that time?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my wife (Annette), daughter (Arianne) and me have made a few posts on here but this is the first when we have known exactly when we are going…..We fly out on the 27th of August from Stanstead to Kuala Lumpur and then onto the Gold Coast, landing on the 3rd of September.

We will be staying in Ashmore Palms holiday village for a few weeks whilst we find a place to rent.

Hi there - we haven't booked flights yet as we are awaiting our house sale but hope to be on the Gold Goast around Oct time. :biggrin:

Hey thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

How long has the house been up, have you had much interest yet? I hope it goes well, I remember whe we sold our house how stressed we were, the sale fell through 3 times and we had to drop the price.

We got lucky in the end though and sold our house before we moved up to the midlands for work in 2007, although we have been renting since then which was not so good.

What part of the Gold Coast are you wanting to live in? We are hoping to live around Helensvale (subject to a good look around). The intention is John will work in Bris on public transport but we will be close enough to the surf/sand when he is not working.

We are so excited now, although we are now going through the "yay" closely followed by OMG!

Guest welshspark

we are flying out to the Goldcoast on the 7th November looking to move in to the pacific pines area, so quite close to helensvale.

Hey thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

How long has the house been up, have you had much interest yet? I hope it goes well, I remember whe we sold our house how stressed we were, the sale fell through 3 times and we had to drop the price.

We got lucky in the end though and sold our house before we moved up to the midlands for work in 2007, although we have been renting since then which was not so good.

What part of the Gold Coast are you wanting to live in? We are hoping to live around Helensvale (subject to a good look around). The intention is John will work in Bris on public transport but we will be close enough to the surf/sand when he is not working.

We are so excited now, although we are now going through the "yay" closely followed by OMG!

Hiya

That must have been so stressful - the house falling through three times! We won't be too far from you :biggrin: - it is all dependent on where David gets work though. We love Burleigh heads area and quite a bit of the surrounding areas too. We have got rellies in Pacific Pines and we like Maudsland too.

We only put the house on the market yesterday:shocked: Fingers crossed it goes quickly as we would love to be out there by early Oct. We may well just go anyway even if it hasn't sold as my Mum can help out if necessary. I guess we will see how it goes over the next couple of months.

O know exactly what you mean about the "Yay!" and "OMG!!!" feeling as we are constantly feeling like that at the moment! After watching Poms in Paradise tonight we got the "Yay!" again! :biggrin: Drives you mad doesn't it!

How old is your daughter? Ours are 7 and 9.

Carla

Hiya

That must have been so stressful - the house falling through three times! We won't be too far from you :biggrin: - it is all dependent on where David gets work though. We love Burleigh heads area and quite a bit of the surrounding areas too. We have got rellies in Pacific Pines and we like Maudsland too.

We only put the house on the market yesterday:shocked: Fingers crossed it goes quickly as we would love to be out there by early Oct. We may well just go anyway even if it hasn't sold as my Mum can help out if necessary. I guess we will see how it goes over the next couple of months.

O know exactly what you mean about the "Yay!" and "OMG!!!" feeling as we are constantly feeling like that at the moment! After watching Poms in Paradise tonight we got the "Yay!" again! :biggrin: Drives you mad doesn't it!

How old is your daughter? Ours are 7 and 9.

Carla

Hi Carla,

Our daughter is four and a half, we are really hoping she thrives in Oz!

We were watching poms in paradise tonight and got the Yay! Just want to start the adventure now.

What do you and David do? John is an engineer and will probably get his CV up in the next couple of weeks.

we are flying out to the Goldcoast on the 7th November looking to move in to the pacific pines area, so quite close to helensvale.

Hi Welshy,

What art of Wales are you from? My hubby is from there (Newport). We lived in Llantrisant before moving up to the Midlands.

Are you excited yet then?

Hi Carla,

Our daughter is four and a half, we are really hoping she thrives in Oz!

We were watching poms in paradise tonight and got the Yay! Just want to start the adventure now.

What do you and David do? John is an engineer and will probably get his CV up in the next couple of weeks.

Know what you mean! :biggrin: So do we! David is an Accountant and I now work just 3 mornings a week in Admin (just to get me out of the house! :biggrin:) I used to work as a Project Manager for IBM until I got made redundant but to be honest I am more than happy to just work part time as I love being able to pick the girls up from school and take them. Do you work at the moment? David has contacted a coupleof agencies in Brisbane and one has been really good in sending him through a few jobs but the others have been a waste of time saying to wait until we get out there.

I bet your daughter will love it there! What made you choose Helensvale?

Carla

Know what you mean! :biggrin: So do we! David is an Accountant and I now work just 3 mornings a week in Admin (just to get me out of the house! :biggrin:) I used to work as a Project Manager for IBM until I got made redundant but to be honest I am more than happy to just work part time as I love being able to pick the girls up from school and take them. Do you work at the moment? David has contacted a coupleof agencies in Brisbane and one has been really good in sending him through a few jobs but the others have been a waste of time saying to wait until we get out there.

I bet your daughter will love it there! What made you choose Helensvale?

Carla

I am sure David will get work just fine. I am going to start work again when Arianne starts school. I used to be a teacher but will hopefully get something like part time teaching assistant, less stress an should fit around Arianne.

We chose Helensvale as the write ups on the Internet seemed positive and the location. It will be about an hour out from Bris CBD on the train but close enough to access the beach and stuff on the weekend.

Have you had any news on the house yet?

Guest jomac1290

Hi There

We are also headed out from Ireland ( via Heathrow then Singapore ) to Brisbane. Landing on 3 rd Sept and staying in Ashmore palms too. We have three daughters although a bit older than yours ( 15,13 11) Will no doubt see you about the place. Good luck with your journey.

Jo x

I am sure David will get work just fine. I am going to start work again when Arianne starts school. I used to be a teacher but will hopefully get something like part time teaching assistant, less stress an should fit around Arianne.

We chose Helensvale as the write ups on the Internet seemed positive and the location. It will be about an hour out from Bris CBD on the train but close enough to access the beach and stuff on the weekend.

Have you had any news on the house yet?

Hiya

Just sent you a PM :biggrin:

Guest welshspark

We had a look at the schools on the web and emailed the school they said we will need to visit the school when we arrive to make sure we are in the catchment area. my boys will be 6 and 9 when we arrive. Do you know what the schools are like there.

Guest welshspark
Hi Welshy,

What art of Wales are you from? My hubby is from there (Newport). We lived in Llantrisant before moving up to the Midlands.

Are you excited yet then?

Not far from us then we live in Tonyrefail, yeah we getting excited now, there was a few tears the other day when we moved out of our house, but we know we will have a better life over in oz. what part of oz are you going to

chris & Donna

:biggrin:

Hi There

We are also headed out from Ireland ( via Heathrow then Singapore ) to Brisbane. Landing on 3 rd Sept and staying in Ashmore palms too. We have three daughters although a bit older than yours ( 15,13 11) Will no doubt see you about the place. Good luck with your journey.

Jo x

Hi Jo - were you responding to my post? (you can press the button "quote post" and it includes the post you are responding to) :cute:

We are going via Singapore too (fab place - loads to do!) Be great to have a meet up when we all get there! Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Carla x

Guest jomac1290
Hi Jo - were you responding to my post? (you can press the button "quote post" and it includes the post you are responding to) :cute:

We are going via Singapore too (fab place - loads to do!) Be great to have a meet up when we all get there! Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Carla x

Hey Carla

No Carla I was replying to Doc must of pressed wrong button duh ! As we going to same place. But good luck to you too :-)

Jo x

Hi There

Jo x

Cheers Jo!

Sorry about the delay in replying we have been a bit tied up this weekend and unable to reply.

Yeah we will will see you at Ashmore for sure.

Your girls must be so excited!

Not far from us then we live in Tonyrefail, yeah we getting excited now, there was a few tears the other day when we moved out of our house, but we know we will have a better life over in oz. what part of oz are you going to

chris & Donna

Chris Donna,

Cheers for the reply,

We will be heading for Brisbane, Although we want to live outside the city, towards the south.

So you have moved out your house, wow big step. We have been renting for so long now we cannot remember what having our own place is like! We are looking forward to settling in Oz now though.

Which part are you heading to?

Guest gammo

Hi we are hoping to move out early next year and would like a short term rental until we find something more permanent.

How did you find out about Ashmore Holiday village and is it quite reasonably priced?

Dont really want to commit to 6 months rental when we are not sure on areas, any advice appreciated. thanks

Guest jomac1290
Hi we are hoping to move out early next year and would like a short term rental until we find something more permanent.

How did you find out about Ashmore Holiday village and is it quite reasonably priced?

Dont really want to commit to 6 months rental when we are not sure on areas, any advice appreciated. thanks

Hey Gammo

Look them up on net. I'll let you know what it's like soon enough. We rented there for a month but they arevery flexible and we can extend by the day after that whilst waiting on our container to arrive.

It is very reasonable priced. You have a choice of accommodation depends what suits your needs etc.

Good luck

Jo x

Guest welshspark
Chris Donna,

Cheers for the reply,

We will be heading for Brisbane, Although we want to live outside the city, towards the south.

So you have moved out your house, wow big step. We have been renting for so long now we cannot remember what having our own place is like! We are looking forward to settling in Oz now though.

Which part are you heading to?

we are looking south of Brisbane as well. we are looking at pacific pines at the moment. Getting so excited but also nervous at the same time :chatterbox:

Guest welshspark
Welsh,

How are you guys doing? We have had a busy week, the shipping is now booked! Only the cars left to sell now and that is it.

Your plans progressing?

Netty

Going good so far house sold went through last week, so shiping comapny came and put our things in to storage untill end of aug, moved in to my parents house untill we go. It was a busy week that week I came home from working away, had to move to my parents plus get every thing ready for the shiping company and clean the house b4 keys were handed over mega stress, we can relax a bit now untill nov. Just bank accounts to open and keep up the job hunting :biggrin: Can`t wait now for our 1st xmas in oz:jiggy:

Guest welshspark

Welsh,

How are you guys doing? We have had a busy week, the shipping is now booked! Only the cars left to sell now and that is it.

Your plans progressing?

Netty

Hi Netty

when are you flying out and what part of the gold coast you heading to:biggrin:

chris

Going good so far house sold went through last week, so shiping comapny came and put our things in to storage untill end of aug, moved in to my parents house untill we go. It was a busy week that week I came home from working away, had to move to my parents plus get every thing ready for the shiping company and clean the house b4 keys were handed over mega stress, we can relax a bit now untill nov. Just bank accounts to open and keep up the job hunting :biggrin: Can`t wait now for our 1st xmas in oz:jiggy:

Hi there

Looks as though you guys have been busy!! How did it go when the shippers came - do they actually pack everything for you? Or do they give you some boxes so you can do some of the things yourself (undies etc!!! :cute:) Which shippers did you go with? Were they any good? What date are you flying out? Soooooo exciting!

Carla