Qualified AAT Accounting Technician seeking sponsorship position!!!

Guest vickydavis996

Guest vickydavis996

Hi,

I am a qualified accounting technician seeking a career in Accountancy in Australia with an employer who will provide me with sponsorship. I am planning on becoming a chartered accountant and so would love to proceed with this in Australia.

If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful!!!

Any location in Oz is could for me!!

Vicky

Guest Irmaal

Hi vicky,

I do not want to dissapoint you but I will give an example of mine.

I have Masters, Bachelor and Diploma of Accountant, had been working in reputable organization in a Senior Accountant position back at home for more than 7 years. My Qualifications were assessed by ICAA and I am ACCA student near a completion.

I am living in Melbourne already two months, every single day I am applying to at least ten positions advertised on the web for a bookkkeeper, accountant, payroll officer, financial officer and other like, even got down my mind to assistant positions for less than 35K or part time-but still no results. No invitation to interview, no calls, only answers like this, don't explaining what is wrong and why I don't mach their **** criteria:

Thank you for your application to the role.

We have received a large response to the advertisement and unfortunately, we have had applications that more accurately match the company's selection criteria.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all the best in your job search and please do not hesitate to apply to other Sharp & Carter roles in the future.

Kind Regards,

bla bla bla bla....

Already counted about 500 emails like this. I think the main reason is the lack of Australian experience no PR and no CPA, but my ACCA is almost the same ****. The life in Australia is geting more and more depresed every day. I even tried to apply to other states and agreed to be separated from my family for a while only not to sitt at home as all my life I was busy working and very successfull.

They do not need Accountants at all.

I am wondering at all why DIAC puts Accountants on their list.

To be sponsored? That is probably a joke! They even do not want the people already here...:cry:

• 9 months later...

Hi Irramal,

I just read your quote and was shocked to hear that a person with your level of experience was finding it so difficult to find a suitable employer. I am thinking of travelling to Oz this year with my partner. I am a fully qualified ACCA accountant living in Ireland and am still in full time employment my biggest fear is walking away from my employer and after reading your quote I am even more shocked to find how hard it is to find a job. I dont even have my visa yet and I was going to head out on a working holiday visa and hope to find a suitable employer that route. I am interested to hear how you are getting on now seen as this post was lodged quiet some time ago.

Guest Irmaal

Hi Jamie,

Situation is the same...Still unemployed. Last year I got my PR, so decided to move out from Melbourne, as it is a worst city to live in the world. Anyway, I am unemployed, so better to live where you want, right? To find job in finance is very, very difficult, anywhere.

I am now living in Cairns, QLD, so at least I am enjoyning good weather, not the crapy Melbourne's freeze.

Tried to apply to some positions here, but the same situation...So I'll not be wasting my time anymore with these applications....Desided to give up and most likely will go home at some point in the future. Australia in not for accountants, that's for sure.

• 1 year later...

wow, I am shocked to see Irmaal comments about his terrible problems in seking employment in accountancy. Maybe I was lucky but I found a job within 3 weeks of moving here in Ocotber 2011 as a finance and admin manager. I too am fully AAT qualified and have joined AAT Australia but it is pretty basic compared to AAT UK. I am now looking at doing a tax course to then advance a bit more. I am in Tassie so maybe that is why I have found it easier..

• 4 weeks later...
wow, I am shocked to see Irmaal comments about his terrible problems in seking employment in accountancy. Maybe I was lucky but I found a job within 3 weeks of moving here in Ocotber 2011 as a finance and admin manager. I too am fully AAT qualified and have joined AAT Australia but it is pretty basic compared to AAT UK. I am now looking at doing a tax course to then advance a bit more. I am in Tassie so maybe that is why I have found it easier..

AAT Uk is very basic too in comparison to even the certificate level of CIMA, let alone the professional levels.

As in the UK, employers are more comfortable employing people with a qualification they know and trust, ie CPA, hence why when fully qualified most people transfer to the aus equivalent qualification.

Archived