Anyone else waiting for Wanted Down Under to Film this week?

Guest jaime

Guest jaime

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here in anticipation of the BBC arriving to film our family and to decide whether or not to proceed to take us to Oz!

Just wondering if anyone else is being filmed this week.

Jaime. :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

That must be really exciting, i didn't know you had to do a casting, to see if you were right for the show, best of luck.

Guest jaime

Haha yes, a casting. I applied years ago and they suddenly rang up to come round! They have told us that we are still only 50% of the way there though. Jaime.

Guest jaime

Thanks Cal,

I've still got your episode on a Sky+ recording because Allan is a diesel mechanic like Gary. I will let you know how we get on.

Jaime x

Good Luck guys,,,, just remember to be yourselves !!

I will have my fingers crossed for you,, it was a fantastic experience and great for the kids to look back at now, let us know how you get on.

Cal x

Unfortunately the show's gone downhill a lot since calNgary were on it. If you really want to get on the show "act like one of those families on Jerry Springer" might now be the best advice.

Hi Jaime

We did our "casting" last Tuesday and had a call Wednesday to say we had been shortlisted.

We were just ourselves and it seemed to do the trick.

Ken, don't know about Jerry Springer but the fact my eight year old could light his fag before it came out of his pocket while drinking a can of Special Brew might also have helped.

Good luck

Si

Guest jaime

That's great news, but what happens once you are shortlisted? Are there more castings lol? The lady that came to interview us today was lovely and put us at ease. She thought that she would let us know by Friday...

We were filmed 3 weeks ago, have you heard anything?:unsure:

Not yet. When they called to say we had been shortlisted they said that the directors making the final choice would not be involved for two to three weeks and that was two weeks ago so not really expecting to hear anything for another week or two.

Can't see them taking too long to decide being that they will be filming from around July onwards.

Good Luck, would be good to put faces to the various user names on here.

Si

Not yet. When they called to say we had been shortlisted they said that the directors making the final choice would not be involved for two to three weeks and that was two weeks ago so not really expecting to hear anything for another week or two.

Can't see them taking too long to decide being that they will be filming from around July onwards.

Good Luck, would be good to put faces to the various user names on here.

Si

If they are filming in July it will be winter in OZ , dont they usually film it in January?

If they are filming in July it will be winter in OZ , dont they usually film it in January?

They told us it was filming in July to September. We are away for two weeks at the end of September and we were told that if we are chosen we will be filming prior to that.

Si

They told us it was filming in July to September. We are away for two weeks at the end of September and we were told that if we are chosen we will be filming prior to that.

Si

Seems an odd time of the year maybe its to tie in with school holidays? Good luck , we applied but havent heard anything.

Guest Clare

So when did they visit you at home, they came to us May 18th and said they hoped to have families sorted by mid June. Did they call you after the home filming interview stage?

So when did they visit you at home, they came to us May 18th and said they hoped to have families sorted by mid June. Did they call you after the home filming interview stage?

They visisted us on 24th May.

They called the day after the filmed interview to say we had been shortlisted and that we had to then wait for the directors to start.

Quite surreal but as I got home from work last night they were on the phone to Trudy. They had just finished the casting meeting and were calling to say that we had been selected to go and film this summer. Quite excited but a lot to do now as it would be good to have our visa before we go and can validate as part of the trip. Unlikely being that we've only just submitted but worth a shot nonetheless.

Good Luck

Si

They visisted us on 24th May.

They called the day after the filmed interview to say we had been shortlisted and that we had to then wait for the directors to start.

Quite surreal but as I got home from work last night they were on the phone to Trudy. They had just finished the casting meeting and were calling to say that we had been selected to go and film this summer. Quite excited but a lot to do now as it would be good to have our visa before we go and can validate as part of the trip. Unlikely being that we've only just submitted but worth a shot nonetheless.

Good Luck

Si

Congratulations any idea where you are going?

Congratulations any idea where you are going?

Thanks very much.

No dates as yet. They told Trudy that they would be in touch shortly. Have to get a new passport now as mine only has three months on it

Guest SUZY
Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here in anticipation of the BBC arriving to film our family and to decide whether or not to proceed to take us to Oz!

Just wondering if anyone else is being filmed this week.

Jaime. :biggrin:

How EXCITING jamie good luck keep us posted :jiggy:

susan

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Best of luck everyone, does anyone know when the new shows are going to be out?

Best of luck everyone, does anyone know when the new shows are going to be out?

Cheers Jim

I think they normally show them in the new year if I remember correctly. I, for one, will be cringing. I hate the sound of my voice on an answerphone never mind this.

Fingers are crossed for anyone else waiting to hear.

Si

Hi, We were interviewed at home the other Tuesday after a couple of phone calls. Can’t say if it went well as I can rabbit like I’ve had 15 espressos when nervous and in an interview situation and go off tangent.

In-between then and now we got our 176 approved on the 10th June (yah) so am now 100% looking to go out before May 2012 to activate.

Archived