Child Visa 101 Anyone done it recently please?

pommysteve

Hello all,

We need to get our 6 month old daughter a Subclass 101 Visa by completing a 40CH and 47CH along with a fat cheque! (We have our 175 Visa - just need one for our Daughter who was born after we validated our Visa)

My question is... "I thought she had to have a medical but I can't see anywhere that required this?". The only reference is asking us to provide 4 Passport Photos if Health Exams haven't been completed?

Our application is all ready to go and I don't wanna skip up at the alst hurdle!

Advice appreciated.

Cheers guys,

Steve.

Hello all,

We need to get our 6 month old daughter a Subclass 101 Visa by completing a 40CH and 47CH along with a fat cheque! (We have our 175 Visa - just need one for our Daughter who was born after we validated our Visa)

My question is... "I thought she had to have a medical but I can't see anywhere that required this?". The only reference is asking us to provide 4 Passport Photos if Health Exams haven't been completed?

Our application is all ready to go and I don't wanna skip up at the alst hurdle!

Advice appreciated.

Cheers guys,

Steve.

Where was your child born?

All of us were born in the UK.

We now have 175 Visa - needing to sponser child.

Hoep that helps?

Steve.

It thought there migh have been an outside chance that your child was born in Australia.

A medical examination will be required.

Thanks.

I have read the forms (47CH, 40CH & 101 Checklist) and I can't see any requirement for health exams other than a statement on page 44 of 47CH saying "2 recent passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm) of the child (4 photos if health examinations have not

been completed)."

I've also done a search within all forms for "HEALTH" & "MEDICAL" in case I missed something but I still can't find any requirement?

I'm confused! - And I've been through an ACS & 175 application without issue!

Thanks.

I have read the forms (47CH, 40CH & 101 Checklist) and I can't see any requirement for health exams other than a statement on page 44 of 47CH saying "2 recent passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm) of the child (4 photos if health examinations have not

been completed)."

I've also done a search within all forms for "HEALTH" & "MEDICAL" in case I missed something but I still can't find any requirement?

I'm confused! - And I've been through an ACS & 175 application without issue!

I'm waiting on my sons visa now. Yes the child needs a medical minus the xray. Both parents also need a new police certificate.

Thanks,

Yes, we have our police checks completed.

Can anyone point me to where it asks you for a child health exam requirement?

I'd heard that you don't need the xray element and that I need to have this done but I can't see where any of the forms are asking for this?

I'll bet it's obvious and I'll look dumb but I'd rather that than get this wrong!

Your help is appreciated onece again.

Steve.

THANKS SHEL!

I was overlooking the obvious!

For the benefit of anyone looking for this answer to this question and coming across this post...

The reason the forms don't ask you for this information is that it isn't required until AFTER you lodge you application!

On the Immi website it states "Do not attend a health examination before you lodge your visa application unless the information about your visa specifically asks you to do so."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aus404

Thanks for the info, just looking that up. Planning to move the family back in a few months, some kids born outside australia so need to get them visas.

I have a second question that you might know seeing as you have all your documents ready..

Do both my wife and I need to apply to be sponsors ( both perm residents) or just one of who then lists the others details. I understand we both need to include police clearance certs, just not whether there should be one or two sponsors.

Related to that do you know what the correct response is for partf q 13 "do you have sole legal right to determine where the child shall live..." I assume I state no, and then list my wife but clearly as a couple we do.

Thanks

Nick

There is one sponsor, either of you if you are both PR. You both need police certificates, from Aus as well if you have lived there.

Yup tick no and list your wife. You will need a joint letter stating you both agree to the children migrating. Mad I know but it's what they ask for given only one of you is the sponsor.

Guest aus404

The questions never stop. :-)

Just reading into this and it seem to imply on the 47CH checklist that I need not just a joint letter but a witnessed statutory Declaration from my wife saying she has no objection to the childs migration.

Does that sound right? I'm going to make our layer a rich man at this rate.

The questions never stop. :-)

Just reading into this and it seem to imply on the 47CH checklist that I need not just a joint letter but a witnessed statutory Declaration from my wife saying she has no objection to the childs migration.

Does that sound right? I'm going to make our layer a rich man at this rate.

I didnt get a statutory declaration, just a letter sgned by the both of us and our CO was fine with that and the visa is waiting to be issued in the new financial year. Think the statutory declaration more applies if one parent is not migrating.

Guest aus404

Just had confirmation that a signed statement is sufficient in my case of both natural parents migrating.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you have to send the police checks at the same time as the application? If so does the subclass 101 visa still need to be validated within 12 months (i.e. while those police checks are still valid). If so and since processing is quoted at 7 to 8 months it seems to give quite a tight window - especially as we will want to move this time and not just make a validation trip.

Guest aus404

You need to send all the documentation together at the same time. Police checks, birth certs proof of employment ect etc...

Not sure how it all pans out if the sponsor doesn't have a visa yet.

You need to send all the documentation together at the same time. Police checks, birth certs proof of employment ect etc...

Not sure how it all pans out if the sponsor doesn't have a visa yet.

If the sponsor doesnt have a visa then they can not sponsor :confused:

Yes it has to be validated by the time given, usually 12 months from date of PCC & Medicals. Best thing is not to apply until you know you will be ready to go.

Does anyone know if you have to send the police checks at the same time as the application? If so does the subclass 101 visa still need to be validated within 12 months (i.e. while those police checks are still valid). If so and since processing is quoted at 7 to 8 months it seems to give quite a tight window - especially as we will want to move this time and not just make a validation trip.

No, just send in your application. We applied on 5th May 2011 and excluded PCCs and medical. We got a Case Officer on 16th May and were requested to do PCC's and medical and given 49 days to get them back to him. Yes, you still have to validate within 12 months of PCC or medical (whichever is the earlier).

I agree though I was surprised we were asked to get the PCC's and medicals so early if the visa won't be granted for 7-8 months from them receiving the application.

Guest aus404

Hmm my mistake, I hadn't realised that getting the visas for my kids could potentially take so long, I had assumed it was just a formality.

Is it possible to get a bridging visa or is there some other way to bring the family over while the visa is still being processed? ( will try to find out)

Hmm my mistake, I hadn't realised that getting the visas for my kids could potentially take so long, I had assumed it was just a formality.

Is it possible to get a bridging visa or is there some other way to bring the family over while the visa is still being processed? ( will try to find out)

No bridging visa if you applied offshore. But you can go to Australia with them on tourist visa. You'd just need to let your CO know and the kids would be informed to fly offshore for their visa to be issued.

Archived